Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

New Keeper required and will be signed.

Koren will leave as will Germano.

Gameiro will sign with City.

McLaren will also sign when he gets released from Glory.

Source?

I am your source - Charlibub.

I also gave you the Franjic signing ages ago.

I can tell you now - Gameiro & MacLaren will be playing for City next season, we WILL sign a new keeper, Koren and Germano appear to be gone. If you knew how much money Germano was on you'd understand. Koren isn't happy living in Australia.

Source?

I am your source - Charlibub.

I also gave you the Franjic signing ages ago.

I can tell you now - Gameiro & MacLaren will be playing for City next season, we WILL sign a new keeper, Koren and Germano appear to be gone. If you knew how much money Germano was on you'd understand. Koren isn't happy living in Australia.

Yeah but Germano wouldnt be getting offered a high wage this time around

I hope your right on everything else though.

i always thought Germano was on basic wages. A shame that he only had one more season to go before not taking up a visa spot, i think he definitely deserves a contract over players like hoffman/williams/brown 

As for Koren, I hope he does go and the club goes all out on a marquee. If the club can get these next few signings right (starting 11 signings), then we will have a very impressive, well rounded squad. 

If Koren goes, do you think we should sign a midfielder or striker as international marquee, assuming we sign Maclaren and Gameiro too. Also anyone heard anymore news on Novillo?

I'm keen to know what our front third will look like and I'm also curious because should Koren leave, it'll be interesting to know where our international marquee spot is used. 

Source?

Greek Construction Worker. That's enough for me, start the threads. fatconstructionworker.jpg I'm confused I always thought Jardel was Brazilian.

1/16 greek

Isn't everyone?

Why? He could handle living in Hull but not Melbourne? Fuck me. If it's a distance thing he should have considered it before taking up our marquee spot and the cash for a season. Never looked like he gave a shit on the field at all. Good riddance.

I know you raised some good points about him to me in the past and I respect your opinion on him and he was def been less than I expected except a few good momments... but playing for JVS has pissed off a lot of players in the past so its not like Koren is an isolated example.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Herald Sun journalist Matt Windley did say on Tuesday: 

They [Melbourne City] have got a bit of a cleanout happening, and I think we'll see some more names depart.

Would be very pleased if Koren left. Melbourne City could use a real marquee, and I reckon Villa showed the important off the pitch benefits a proper marquee could deliver (the club had its biggest non-derby crowds when he was around in Melbourne City's first few home games). I don't even think the club needs a name player like Villa, but just a class player who can produce class moments and game-changing moments (like semi-fit Villa did with 2 goals over 4 games).

Hopefully the rumours are true.

Why? He could handle living in Hull but not Melbourne? Fuck me. If it's a distance thing he should have considered it before taking up our marquee spot and the cash for a season. Never looked like he gave a shit on the field at all. Good riddance.

I did say "if." But it may not be Robi himself - it could be his wife, or any one of his three children. Or family back in Europe. Whatever we would like to think it does happen. Not just to footballers either. 

It was always going to be hard for Koren and JVS to get along, particularly when Koren openly talked about his discontent at being played out of position and as a result has come under strong criticism from the Melbourne and football media..

Alex Wilkinson is willing to come back to the a-league after his contract in Korea expires in December. Would be a very handy pickup 

A central defensive pairing of Kisnorbo and Wilkinson would be immense. 

However, if he comes back home I daresay he'll return to Central Coast

I know you raised some good points about him to me in the past and I respect your opinion on him and he was def been less than I expected except a few good momments... but playing for JVS has pissed off a lot of players in the past so its not like Koren is an isolated example.

If 'not happy in Australia' is code for not happy under JVS then that may be more of an acceptable reason as its a work related issues. And would be a more acceptable reason for the general look of disinterest he seems to have on the field. I just don't think not enjoying the city, family not enjoying it etc is an excuse to not Put the effort in. Sure leave at the end of the season but don't spend the whole year putting no effort in feeling sorry for yourself.

It's not so much the lack of performance it's the complete lack of interest he has on the pitch that has pissed me off about him. Those quality moments have only exacerbated my annoyance at it. If he can pull out moments like he has without even apparently trying (that through ball he played in against newcastle when I was mid slagging him off for instance) what could he be if he was putting in effort.

Either way it's best for both parties he is released, he's not enjoying the country or playing under JVS and the marquee is too important this season for the club. Off the pitch There's no way our memberships aren't going backwards this season without a significant marquee signing. On the pitch we need a marquee who will change games for us regularly ( something I thought koren would do) not spend 95% of games jogging around in anonymity.

• Like 2

They [Melbourne City] have got a bit of a cleanout happening, and I think we'll see some more names depart.

Would be very pleased if Koren left. Melbourne City could use a real marquee, and I reckon Villa showed the important off the pitch benefits a proper marquee could deliver (the club had its biggest non-derby crowds when he was around in Melbourne City's first few home games). I don't even think the club needs a name player like Villa, but just a class player who can produce class moments and game-changing moments (like semi-fit Villa did with 2 goals over 4 games).

Koren given the arse to make way for Pirlo? Can't get a more "real marquee" than Pirlo!

Koren given the arse to make way for Pirlo? Can't get a more "real marquee" than Pirlo!

Samaras. Next!

I would actually be worried of we got Pirlo. We can see how a player of that quality can destabilise the team, Sydney were always better without ADP on the pitch. I'd also worry about Pirlo's response to JVS and his poor man management skills.

Maclaren he already been released, he got released the same time as vukovic

Pretty certain McLaren has not been released. Trouble is brewing. Players Union is involved.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/jamie-maclaren-in-contract-impasse-with-perth-glory/story-fnibbvne-1227376203082

Whats that ? a month old article 

Bit harsh. 13 days wasn't a month when I went to school.

I was merely trying to add a verification that McLaren wants to leave Perth but that the club seems to be refusing to release him.

• Like 3

This pirlo rumour is rubbish, he is still Italy's best player, he would command at least 10mil a season. Hard to see him leaving a top league a year before the euros where he will be Italy's most important player.

Del pierro was effectively finished as a top level player when he came to Sydney, pirlo could still walk into just about every 11 in the world.

• Like 1

Ok I got some good info yesterday from a senior assistant under JVS.

Pre season club staying in Australia, no oversea trip like last year.

Germano, Hoff, Williams and Redders told to look for clubs otherwise they will be nothing but bench players. (Unless we have big injuries and the are needed.)

Mellings injury was a lot more complicated than first thought... Germano asked to stick around only for injury replacement for the first couple of months or to find other club now.

We have signed a few players which he was very happy with, all that was told was a new keeper and striker. He didn't want to say to much about them, he just said wait for announcements.

We are not and never were going for Georgevski he said that his agent talking to the media so he can get more money off Victory.

Josh Kennedy sent away on holiday and told to asses his body and make a decision on his own. (Good chance won't play his last year, he said it's a 50/50)

Koren is staying! When I said to him in a nice way his shit!! He brought up his injury lol (rumored his leaving was all bullshit.)

Dekker from the youth team is going to get a fair chance in pre season.

We are playing Manchester City on the Gold Coast behind closed doors. (That was the CFG's decision.)

Again I got this info straight from a senior assistant yesterday, not saying who so don't ask. Love always MLBHRT/ESSNDON/UTD.

P.S How's Murdocca going???? Still feeding our attack with his creative through balls? Lol geez it hasn't been easy just sitting and watching from the side, but since I get on most days and get good info from you guys, I thought I'd give some back.

Ok I got some good info yesterday from a senior assistant under JVS.

Pre season club staying in Australia, no oversea trip like last year.

Germano, Hoff, Williams and Redders told to look for clubs otherwise they will be nothing but bench players. (Unless we have big injuries and the are needed.)

Mellings injury was a lot more complicated than first thought... Germano asked to stick around only for injury replacement for the first couple of months or to find other club now.

We have signed a few players which he was very happy with, all that was told was a new keeper and striker. He didn't want to say to much about them, he just said wait for announcements.

We are not and never were going for Georgevski he said that his agent talking to the media so he can get more money off Victory.

Josh Kennedy sent away on holiday and told to asses his body and make a decision on his own. (Good chance won't play his last year, he said it's a 50/50)

Koren is staying! When I said to him in a nice way his shit!! He brought up his injury lol (rumored his leaving was all bullshit.)

Dekker from the youth team is going to get a fair chance in pre season.

We are playing Manchester City on the Gold Coast behind closed doors. (That was the CFG's decision.)

Again I got this info straight from a senior assistant yesterday, not saying who so don't ask. Love always MLBHRT/ESSNDON/UTD.

P.S How's Murdocca going???? Still feeding our attack with his creative through balls? Lol geez it hasn't been easy just sitting and watching from the side, but since I get on most days and get good info from you guys, I thought I'd give some back.

I'll take my Greek construction worker info over this chunk of lies tyvm

• Like 2

• jw1739 pinned this topic