Melbourne Football

RD 7 - City vs Sydney

Victards

Nah no chance of a win this game.

I wish we had Sasha Ognenovski in our deffence, I love the man and have since his days in the VPL. I don't know why we let him go to Sydney after he spent some time training for us during an off season while he was still playing in Asia.

We will probably score the first goal and do the standard by trying to keep the lead only to cop some goals in the last 30 minutes and lose the game. I am sick of losses like that. Enough is enough and things need to change. This has been going on for two years and now a third, these players need a psychologist to come down and help them seriously.

You could feel it against CCM, once they scored a goal that it would be very tough to hang on to that lead and although it took them to the last second they still scored and it was a typical Heart **** up!

geeeeeeeeeeeez would love just one of Sydney's strikers considering they have: Smeltz, Janko, ibini, Gameiro and Brosque.... we have david williams who couldnt hit a barn door

wonder why they have all those strikers & we have no official strikers until JK arrives , over to you JVS once again !

Well it is difficult to see us making changes in defence, unless we have someone in the youth team apart from Archibald who can step up to the first team.

So the team I would go with would be:

Redmayne

Hoffman Kisnorbo Weilhart Ramsey

Paartalu

Miller Mooy

Dugandzic Williams Duff

Subs: Velaphi Archibald Melling Garuccio Marino

Paddy K has to raise his game this week and I would be inclined to play Duff on the left and Duga on the right so that they don't have to cut back to get a cross in.

Edited by silva10
  • Like 1

Can anyone tell me why the A League doesn't have 7 subs like most leagues do? Even if two of them have to be NYL players, surely this would be better and give the manager more choice, and the youngsters the experience of a match day.

It's the brain fart of an ffa rule maker to have 5 which is infact an improvement on the original 4 we used have

Can anyone tell me why the A League doesn't have 7 subs like most leagues do? Even if two of them have to be NYL players, surely this would be better and give the manager more choice, and the youngsters the experience of a match day.

It's the brain fart of an ffa rule maker to have 5 which is infact an improvement on the original 4 we used have

4was such a dumb idea

Its because FFA pay the travel and accommodation costs of away teams and they want to reduce the bill.

I know I'm probably preaching to the converted but to those of you that have embraced the sky blue and come to games clad in that colour -wear some red on sat night! It doesn't matter if it's a red hat or scarf to complement your new home kit or just a plain red shirt.

If those Sydney pricks are playing in front of a sea of blue they'll feel right at home.

• Like 3

Its because FFA pay the travel and accommodation costs of away teams and they want to reduce the bill.

Yep, this is what I understand to be the case. Also why it was originally 4 subs (inc. keeper), so effectively 3 out field subs on the bench, which is nothing.

It took a long fight to get the current 5 subs as well.

Hopefully the number of subs keeps increasing as the revenue of clubs keeps slowly increasing.

Dunno why people are banging on about Sydney's strike power. We have scored as many or more goals (can't remember exactly) than Sydney. Ibini is a flog, janko isn't exactly lighting the a league up, smeltz has looked okay not his old dangerous self. Better than last year under ja we couldn't score to save ourselves. People are quick to forget how horrendous we were under ja, at least we score now. Just got to figure out the defending side of the game.

Edited by drewmelbcity
  • Like 1

Saturday, 22 November 2014

Melbourne City FC v Sydney FC

AAMI Park, Melbourne

Kick-Off: 7:30 PM (Local) (7:30 PM AEDT)

Referee: Kris Griffiths-Jones