Melbourne Football

RD 7 - City vs Sydney

Victards

Also, Melburnians - the "we hate Sydney" chant gets old fast. Negative chants are boring. Megaphone too loud again.

I honestly believe this chant is no good. Not much creativity and something I feel your ten year old brother would use as an insult. Agree, I don't like negative chants but if we are going to use them then they have to be funny.

Feels like there is a protest going on

Nah, not a protest. Melburnians have my admiration, its just my preference. If anyone wants to borrow my copy of 'Shit Ground, No Fans', (a great book of UK chants) just PM me.

Also, Melburnians - the "we hate Sydney" chant gets old fast. Negative chants are boring. Megaphone too loud again.

I honestly believe this chant is no good. Not much creativity and something I feel your ten year old brother would use as an insult.Agree, I don't like negative chants but if we are going to use them then they have to be funny. Feels like there is a protest going on

Nah, not a protest. Melburnians have my admiration, its just my preference. If anyone wants to borrow my copy of 'Shit Ground, No Fans', (a great book of UK chants) just PM me.

I didn't mean you exactly, I was referring to the loud megaphone

If only we had a team of Kisnorbos

He was shit and has been a complete shadow of last season's self. 

Mooy *and Duff* was the only one who didn't look completely and utterly retarded tonight.

*Fixed*. Don't take anything away from Damo, he was good tonight; he just had Hofftard playing behind him...

Based on his lofty standards, I don't think he would have accepted his game tonight. 

That's not to take anything away from his effort as he always busts his gut out on the field but aside from a couple of good runs, he was largely ineffective tonight. He was also extremely reluctant to shoot and as one of our leaders, I think he needed to show a little more initiative. 

Perhaps I'm being harsh but when the team is playing as poorly as it is, I don't think there's any problem in expecting better things from our top players.

If only we had a team of Kisnorbos

He was shit and has been a complete shadow of last season's self.

Mooy *and Duff* was the only one who didn't look completely and utterly retarded tonight. *Fixed*. Don't take anything away from Damo, he was good tonight; he just had Hofftard playing behind him...

Duff isn't fitting in atm. Half the time he'll be in a brilliant position but won't receive the ball. Other half he's in a poor position, gets the ball but lacks the pace and or creative dribble to take on and beat closely marking defenders. Passes backward a lot too, but that'd be more the lack of anything on offer rather than his ability. He'll benefit from Kennedy eventually joining the team. But he wasn't up to Mooy standard of play tonight IMO.

That back 4 is serious bad and Sydney deserved their 3 points.

Shithouse effort tonight.

Ramsay n Redmayne = not good.

Williams n Big Erik need to ramp up their cardio a bit. Drop 5 or 6 kilos too.

Aaron Mooy must be thinking WTF have I done coming to this club. Duff too.

I'm unsure of why they can't just shoot at goal when there's an opening. Frustrating.

I'm unsure of why they can't just shoot at goal when there's an opening. Frustrating.

On the last point I agree so much, just shoot Farken have a crack. It's better than just passing back or to the wings every bloody time. Have a go, who knows the keeper may spill it and there will be a chance on.

We won't keep a single clean sheet with this back 5 and have nobody on the team that can score important goals. CFG, you've underestimated the size of the task and underestimated the Melbourne sporting market, both in competitiveness and sophistication. There are 4 major football codes here, summer cricket including Test cricket, major events like the Grand Prix and Australian Open - people are not going to waste their time and money retuning to watch the football being played by their franchise. 9,000 again, but this time for a Saturday night game, soon we'll be back to 6,000 idiots.

Agree with all this.

The defence is costing us points effectively in every game now. Sydney FC heavily targeted Ramsay's left side, especially in the 1st half, and were duly rewarded around the 10 minute mark.

And the team would have got at least 1 point if not for Wielaert's criminal pass, that was a perfect assist for Janko.

Also, Redmayne poorly came out and flapped at the cross, giving Janko the easiest of headers. And while a lot less to blame then Wielaert for the 2nd, Redmayne was like a deer in the headlights as Janko trundled towards goal, with Janko taking a real heavy touch that Redmayne was too slow (mentally and physically) to try exploit and close down to stop the 2nd goal.

I fully agree that CFG have seriously underestimated Melbourne, and probably the A-League. More radical surgery was needed on the team over the transfer window to have it seriously competitive for this season, but the club didn't go in hard enough to bring in quality to improve the team. That Mooy has easily been our best player over the first 7 games, an Australian under the salary cap that was signed pre-takeover, speaks volumes about the lack of serious quality that CFG has brought into the team. It is simply too poor and too late to have the club's marquees only play their first games after half the season has been played, as will be the case for Melbourne City, and questions can be asked if CFG were seriously ambitious enough with the marquees they eventually signed up to Melbourne City.

A significant amount of hard work needs to be done to get this club on the road to real success.

• Like 1

I agree with Ramsey breakdown he is horrendous

Thought redmayne pulled out some nice saves in the first half to keep us one goal down.

I think your assessment on Williams and Paartalu is poor considering Williams usually out runs most defenders it is his shooting that lets him down. Paartalu is your traditional stocky dm you need him solid to out muscle attacking midfielders to break down plays.

Mooy is superb and I love the way he plays the ball.

I feel we over sell duff I haven't seen anything outstanding from him and he frustrates me a bit with over playing fouls. His body position in the first half when he had a chance to get onto a cross was just shocking like he wasn't even watching the play or where the trajectory of the ball was.

And it's easy to call for players to shoot from outside the box but reality is we play in the a league and will take a god dam miracle for our players to even get it on target when it comes to shots from outside the box.

very flat game, haven't felt that bad in a while

no creativity, 1st half was long balls to dugandzic

our defence was playing to potential

williams unfit

duff looked lazy and was offside a lot

START MELLING, him and mooy would be my first 2 on the team sheet, both actually play with intensity, able to produce and look like they care 

sitting premium b on the bench side the active bay looked pretty much dead till the cops went in

• Like 1

nothing worse than hearing an away fan shout from a taxi 'when's Aguero coming on loan' this is our turf ffs, get stuffed

They couldn't even win the comp with Del Piero, retards

Winners are grinners.

And it's easy to call for players to shoot from outside the box but reality is we play in the a league and will take a god dam miracle for our players to even get it on target when it comes to shots from outside the box.

Our captain seems to think there's nothing you can do about pot shots from outside the box, so I guess it might be worth a crack.

nothing worse than hearing an away fan shout from a taxi 'when's Aguero coming on loan' this is our turf ffs, get stuffed

I wouldn't fret man, we would still manage to turn aguero shit. So that would fuck them right up.

Yeah I know mate, it just pisses you off even further after a yet another poor effort.

I wouldn't fret man, we would still manage to turn aguero shit. So that would fuck them right up. Yeah I know mate, it just pisses you off even further after a yet another poor effort.

I was more gutted after last weeks game tonight was like water of a ducks back.

• Like 1

Really disappointing again. Not much to say

Just a few points from tonight

- our front 3 are all over the place, at one stage all 3 of dugandzic, Williams and duff were all on same side of pitch passing to each other. No one in the box

- why did we sign Miller? Can obviously play but not what we need

- Ramsay, Ramsay, Ramsay. Finally worked him out, he dashes forward making ok options at times but he goes when he isn't needed to. Then he can't get back. There was one where he made good run though a d Mooy ignored him and ibini broke the other way He is not a defender at all

Active observations

- the Sydney shit chant. Making that the first one we went with after SHT wasn't great

- what is the obsession about singing about Archie Thompson?

- the chant that's goes with the line we will always be Melbourne city fc. That's never going to get off the ground, people can accept change but not forget where we came from

also we need to cut the crap passing around in defence, how many times do we have either wielaert to kisnorbo or other way around and then to redmayne before we just end up hoofing it anyway and lose it then. Just overdoing it and it cost us tonight and lucky it wasn't more

we gifted them both goals

Yeah and they just pass it around like they have all the time in the world, this is not park football fellas.

Do you know what the absolute worst part of tonight was for me? I didn't care. I've been a supporter of this club since day 1 and a member since season 2. I've been to just about every home game over the last few years and I've payed out countless amounts of money supporting this team. I have loved this club since my first game and never been more passionate about a sporting team before in my life, and I'm a big sports fan. But tonight I simply did not care. I knew we were playing tonight, but instead of going I decided to go to my mate's sister's birthday party. I watched the first 20 minutes on tv until my lift arrived, but when they came I just turned off the tv and walked out. I didn't look at my phone for another 3 hours and then when I did and saw the score, I didn't care. This whole season I have been so unenthusiastic with my support that I haven't stood in the terrace once, despite being an active member. I've sat in GA half watching half talking to my mates. The way we've been treated by CFG and the way we are performing has made me fall out of love with this club. I don't even know if I'll attend another game this season at this rate as I just end up wasting money on food and transport. Really not happy right now.

• Like 1

we havnt had a genuine finisher since aloisi and since then he himself has been our manager and a fox sports pundit, where as sydney had the luxury of smeltz coming off the bench in the 94th minute to replace janko. they can even afford to play ibini on the left. lol we have Marino who just aims at the keepers sternum every chance he has and Williams who aims for Margaret court arena

Edited by melbournelad55

um Nate. not sure what game u were watching but that dim wit ref called a foul on duff for jumping over a reckless keeper who pulled him to ground.

Duff fell over him as he stood up. No penalty. The foul on Duff was for picking up the ball. yeh so the keeper clearly impeded duffs run. God even all the sydney fans were admitting it and laughing on Twitter

um Nate. not sure what game u were watching but that dim wit ref called a foul on duff for jumping over a reckless keeper who pulled him to ground.

Duff fell over him as he stood up. No penalty. The foul on Duff was for picking up the ball. yeh so the keeper clearly impeded duffs run. God even all the sydney fans were admitting it and laughing on Twitter If you want to get technical then Duff was also impeding the keeper. Would have been one of the softest penalties ever if given. The keeper just stood up, Duff should have run around him.