Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

-...compared to you cunts who outside of your two shifts a week at k-mart and living at your mothers the highlight of your life is being able to lift a weight up and down.

wow ok don't attack me personally 

44 minutes ago, Nate said:

ttim: when you still live with your ex and she brings her bf over

fml

f.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheepdog said:

Tesla irks me with his "I'm a baller, all you shit cunts bow down and praise the God that is me" attitude. Fuck you tes. 

Wow, I thought we were cool sheepdog. Gonna have to switch to #TeamTomby now.

1 hour ago, Nate said:

fml

This is exactly how 90% of the videos I watch start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepdog said:

Dude, I can't even

I really hope your not serious. 

nah, 100% legit
she's moving out in a couple of weeks but seriously, what a bitch 

6 minutes ago, Tesla said:

This is exactly how 90% of the videos I watch start.

ahaha, well I can safely confirm that it didn't end that way

7 hours ago, Nate said:

fml

What the fuck is this shit? I can't even begin to comprehend how fucked up this is.

Dude, get some testosterone, stop posting this shit in here and go sort this bullshit out. I'd be pretty damn sure that she was fucking around with this dude while you were still together if he's already the new boyfriend.

How can you even still live with your ex, let alone allow some dude to be rolling her in your house while you just lay quietly in your bed just listening? Doesn't that make your blood boil? 

Kick her out on the street and have a not too friendly word with this bloke who was messing with your girlfriend. Stop being a chump.

No wonder your're the ex boyfriend if she can get away with this shit tbh.

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That's a weight off my shoulders knowing I'm not the only one

Oh fuck. Actually that's hilarious.

um hey dudes just been chainsaw ing some furniture, had a scotch for breakfast, wrestled a bear and made 300 posts on sharpy's thread.

Now I know why @sheepdog gives my jokes likes- he's trying to hit on me! 

I believe I once pointed out that another member of this forum was female. Not me. Am not suffering an identity crisis in regards to my masculinity (well actually I wasn't until 5 min ago!)

ok last post for a few minutes, have to go out and get some bloke pills from the chemist or drug dealer orsomething.

5 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Oh fuck. Actually that's hilarious.

um hey dudes just been chainsaw ing some furniture, had a scotch for breakfast, wrestled a bear and made 300 posts on sharpy's thread.

Now I know why @sheepdog gives my jokes likes- he's trying to hit on me! 

I believe I once pointed out that another member of this forum was female. Not me. Am not suffering an identity crisis in regards to my masculinity (well actually I wasn't until 5 min ago!)

ok last post for a few minutes, have to go out and get some bloke pills from the chemist or drug dealer orsomething.

SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU? 

1 hour ago, sheepdog said:

SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU? 

Good Grief. A man. Wasn't that obvious? With a wife & 3 kids for what it's worth.

I like to think I'm a fair dinkum dinki di Aussie bloke. Drink beer and watch and play sport. 

I have a strong interest in women's football because I coached my daughter's team for 5 years.

i also now have a growing phobia that my posts are not masculine enough!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Good Grief. A man. Wasn't that obvious? With a wife & 3 kids for what it's worth.

I like to think I'm a fair dinkum dinki di Aussie bloke. Drink beer and watch and play sport. 

I have a strong interest in women's football because I coached my daughter's team for 5 years.

i also now have a growing phobia that my posts are not masculine enough!

Prove it. 

You can't fool me that easy.

Bitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ecguymer said:

TTIM: my sleeping patterns....or lack there of.......

As I've gotten older that's probably the only "adult" thing I've gotten right. I know how to cook but don't often and I know in theory how to be good with my money but I'm not, cleaning forget about it. But by god do I make sure I get my 8 hours sleep (in before any arguements about how much sleep you need, subjectively 8 works for me)

TTIM: Alternative corners

Nothing drives me more mental then when we try some bullshit alternative corner instead of just whipping a dangerous ball into the box.

9/10 our alternative corners end up in us kicking the ball all the way back to the goal keeper, and the other times it ends up in the other team getting a break away chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: Alternative corners

Nothing drives me more mental then when we try some bullshit alternative corner instead of just whipping a dangerous ball into the box.

9/10 our alternative corners end up in us kicking the ball all the way back to the goal keeper, and the other times it ends up in the other team getting a break away chance. 

Yeah and it seems that we (particularly when Mooy takes them) always go for the front post flick-on in corners. Why not just cross into the danger area which obviously is more effective for us?

1 hour ago, mus-28 said:
  1. TTIM: Wanderers fans on social media, some of the most fucktarded things I've seen come from these welfare dependent mongs.

Well since western Sydney apparently invented football perhaps they feel that they are entitled to be twats?

TTIM: People seemingly relying on text messages to specifically warn them they may be in danger during an emergency such as a bush-fire. As a former CFA fireman I know that fires can change direction and intensity within moments and can be completely unpredictable in really bad conditions. Relying on a message to your cell phone in such situations is madness.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

TTIM: People seemingly relying on text messages to specifically warn them they may be in danger during an emergency such as a bush-fire. As a former CFA fireman I know that fires can change direction and intensity within moments and can be completely unpredictable in really bad conditions. Relying on a message to your cell phone in such situations is madness.

Just out of curiosity, can cell phones legally be considered a failsafe method of delivering vital life-threatening messages? I would have thought that radios would be better for that?

I don't think there's any "failsafe" method in these bush-fires. In some of them, the only way not to be harmed is not to be there in the first place. Fire crews place themselves in incredible danger (I know, been there and done that) to protect some of these idiots, and the authorities have learned the hard way so we are now seeing situations where in fact the fire-front is abandoned for the safety of the crews. And so it should be.

As for the "legal" side of it, I'm not sure what the actual legal obligations of the emergency services to people potentially at risk might be. I'm guessing, but I doubt that there is an obligation to notify individuals personally.

Agree with you so much JW. I remember during the week after Black Saturday I attended a community meeting as our town was under threat and I had been evacuated for a few days, and the amount of deluded people was unbelievable. People talking about expecting a fire truck to be in their driveway ages before a fire came through and expecting to be doorknocked and asked to leave. Its as though people have no concept of how quick and unpredictable these things can be. If you live in the bush it is your responsibility to know exactly what to do in every situation, and most of the time that means staying away on a dangerous fire day.

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think there's any "failsafe" method in these bush-fires. In some of them, the only way not to be harmed is not to be there in the first place. Fire crews place themselves in incredible danger (I know, been there and done that) to protect some of these idiots, and the authorities have learned the hard way so we are now seeing situations where in fact the fire-front is abandoned for the safety of the crews. And so it should be.

As for the "legal" side of it, I'm not sure what the actual legal obligations of the emergency services to people potentially at risk might be. I'm guessing, but I doubt that there is an obligation to notify individuals personally.

3 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Agree with you so much JW. I remember during the week after Black Saturday I attended a community meeting as our town was under threat and I had been evacuated for a few days, and the amount of deluded people was unbelievable. People talking about expecting a fire truck to be in their driveway ages before a fire came through and expecting to be doorknocked and asked to leave. Its as though people have no concept of how quick and unpredictable these things can be. If you live in the bush it is your responsibility to know exactly what to do in every situation, and most of the time that means staying away on a dangerous fire day.

Do you think that a brutal public awareness campaign may be useful in the future? Something along the lines of a speeding vehicle changing direction suddenly and hitting someone as a metaphor for a fire front. What the responsibilities are for the CFA and that it is not necessarily to knock on your door and have a cup of tea, etc.

17 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Do you think that a brutal public awareness campaign may be useful in the future? Something along the lines of a speeding vehicle changing direction suddenly and hitting someone as a metaphor for a fire front. What the responsibilities are for the CFA and that it is not necessarily to knock on your door and have a cup of tea, etc.

TBH I don't really think so. The blase attitude towards fires seems to me to be a result of the "nanny state" attitude rather prevalent in society - that it's someone else's responsibility (usually "the government"). I'm a bit cynical about "public awareness campaigns" generally - they seem to me to chew up vast sums of money with little tangible result. Overall, I can do no better than quote GreenSeater - "If you live in the bush it is your responsibility to know exactly what to do in every situation, and most of the time that means staying away on a dangerous fire day."

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I don't think so. I mean there already are awareness campaigns. They've been around forever but have really stepped up since Black Saturday. The horrible reality is that it takes something as tragic as hundreds of people dying like Black Saturday for some people to even think about the reality of fires. Some people just don't get it and I don't think any amount of commercials will help that.

25 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I don't think so. I mean there already are awareness campaigns. They've been around forever but have really stepped up since Black Saturday. The horrible reality is that it takes something as tragic as hundreds of people dying like Black Saturday for some people to even think about the reality of fires. Some people just don't get it and I don't think any amount of commercials will help that.

I have seen some of those on TV - usually someone blabbing over the images of a fire. I don't think that they are terribly effective which is why I suggested some more brutal tactics. After all this is what the TAC did in their reduce the road toll campaign - they ran the softer ads as well as the hard hitting ones that couldn't be ignored.

26 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I have seen some of those on TV - usually someone blabbing over the images of a fire. I don't think that they are terribly effective which is why I suggested some more brutal tactics. After all this is what the TAC did in their reduce the road toll campaign - they ran the softer ads as well as the hard hitting ones that couldn't be ignored.

They did run a hard hitting campaign,  the victims of Black Saturday then kicked up a fuss saying it brought back bad memories etc and tried to get the ads pulled 

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Shit. Can't win.

Probably not, and that's why I think we're better off without public awareness campaigns - by that I mean taxpayers' money can be put to better use. Family violence, drug use, alcohol use, using cell phones while driving, speeding, heart disease, obesity, government propaganda campaigns - do any of them really work? Does a dickhead ever change?

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Probably not, and that's why I think we're better off without public awareness campaigns - by that I mean taxpayers' money can be put to better use. Family violence, drug use, alcohol use, using cell phones while driving, speeding, heart disease, obesity, government propaganda campaigns - do any of them really work? Does a dickhead ever change?

Further to that, even dickheads know that belting their missus or starting bushfires is wrong. 

Some dont care, other cant help themselves.

Campaigns are a waste of money when it comes to moral issues imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Further to that, even dickheads know that belting their missus or starting bushfires is wrong. 

How can you possibly call bushfire education a moral issue?

Public campaign's can be incredibly successful and as much as I am opposed to wasted Government expenditure (I'm deep in the Tesla school of economics) I would consider most public safety campaigns a good use of money. The private sector would never pick it up.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2016 at 5:12 PM, jw1739 said:

On 1/13/2016 at 6:57 PM, bt50 said:

Um, I am pretty sure that the History of The Western World indicates that if Dickheads dont change that at least the development of a more Moral Society can at least force and alter them from performing the acts of a dickhead.

All you have to do is pick a date from fifty years back and compare and you will find something that what deemed acceptable then in the Western World and what is now deemed acceptable now.

Also if you want a clear cut example of a Public Awareness Campaign that has changed a lot of Australian Society's attitudes in the past ten years then you need to look no further than Beyond Blue.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

TTIM: The lack of handrails on the death star. Where the fuck was the occupational health & safety guy when they built that thing? Massive oversight.

TTDIM: Imagining every stormtrooper is David Williams lurking behind a white mask makes the film infinitely more enjoyable. When yet another shot from their blaster goes into row z you can just chuckle to yourself "good ol' willo, he'll never change!"

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Imperial Pints said:

TTIM: The lack of handrails on the death star. Where the fuck was the occupational health & safety guy when they built that thing? Massive oversight.

TTDIM: Imagining every stormtrooper is David Williams lurking behind a white mask makes the film infinitely more enjoyable. When yet another shot from their blaster goes into row z you can just chuckle to yourself "good ol' willo, he'll never change!"

Lol, only mods will be able to see it, but you really do struggle with concept of making a post...

• Like 3