Melbourne Football

TTIM: Things That Irk Me

Tesla

...  Is being proud of your country and thinking its a good place to live in that bad a thing???

I have issues with being proud of anything that wasn't my own doing.  It's an attitude I don't really understand.

Thinking Australia is a good place to live isn't bad at all (even if it was wrong, I don't particularly think it would be a bad thing).

I'm not proud of Australia at all; I think it's a great place to live; there are a great number of things I think Australia could do better at; but personally I struggle to think of a country I would enjoy living in more.

I have issues with being proud of anything that wasn't my own doing.  It's an attitude I don't really understand.

Thinking Australia is a good place to live isn't bad at all (even if it was wrong, I don't particularly think it would be a bad thing).

I'm not proud of Australia at all; I think it's a great place to live; there are a great number of things I think Australia could do better at; but personally I struggle to think of a country I would enjoy living in more.

am I the only one who can't make sense of this post? 

Have you been smoking cones with pigs2?

• Like 4

am I the only one who can't make sense of this post? 

Have you been smoking cones with pigs2?

Pretty simple concepts, I would have thought.  Sorry if my message confused you.

- take pride in what you do, not in what you had nothing to do with

- australia is a great, but not perfect, place to live in

Pretty simple concepts, I would have thought.  Sorry if my message confused you.

- take pride in what you do, not in what you had nothing to do with

- australia is a great, but not perfect, place to live in

One could agrue as members of the Australian Electorate and therefore Political System we do have something to do with the good and bad elements of the Australian Government attitudes towards Welfare, Education and Health.

Edited by cadete

TTIM: Dickheads who reveal spoilers about tv shows 

Also, all the dickheads who are suddenly animal rights activists because its melbourne cup day and horse racing is animal cruelty.

Where were your "passionate" pleas to ban horse racing before today?

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 4

Also, all the dickheads who are suddenly animal rights activists because its melbourne cup day and horse racing is animal cruelty.

Where were your "passionate" pleas to ban horse racing before today?

This. Every year they pop up but are silent on the 364 other days of racing.

This. Every year they pop up but are silent on the 364 other days of racing.

The ones that are really strong on this are also usually are PPL have never been around a horse and know zero about them and seem for some bizarre reason seem to treat Horses like Humans in their minds and think that they are as adaptable to a change in lifestyle as they were themselves when they gave up eating Animal Products.

The first thing I ask these PPL is would you put a Cattle Dog in an Apartment and never walk it?

And they of course respond with saying of course that would not because that would be cruel and because an Animal that has been breed for over a 1000 years to run and herd to be very distressed and depressed if this was to happen. So I then point out them that Racehorses have been breed to race for over a thousand years themselves and like a Cattle Dog wants to herd and run a Racehorse wants to run and race.

In fact young racehorses next to each other in Paddocks will even try to naturally race beside each other, wild horses even do likewise and if you want an extreme example some Horses can get so distressed at not being able to race if they are just put in a Paddock alone for a long time and not raced they will literally intentionally try to hurt themselves by jumping into fences. (It’s the exact same scenario as the Cattle Dog if not worse as the horses are basically trying to commit suicide.)

Then there is of course the other things they bring up as what they think are major problems with the sport which are actually minor problems and not the ones they should be focussing on if they really want to attack the sport, which I of course accept has its faults.

The first is whipping, out of the just over 100 horses that race at a City Meet only three or four times will a horse be struck with the whip at most and even then it does not even hurt the horse because for a 1000 years they have been accustomed to being whipped in that area of their body. It is the equivalent to being able pick a cat at up by its neck and it will not hurt it cos that how mothers move their kittens so even full grown Cats are immune to pain in that part of their body (I am serious - You can try it out).

Then there is Jumps Racing their biggest bugbear, jumps racing is for really old horses which are turned into Jumps Horses to prolong their careers and this clearly not the type of racing where horses are hurt the most. If the Activists knew what they were doing they should bloody campaign against this country's obsession with racing Two Year Olds which are not ready to race and then breakdown before they even get a chance to live… not ten year old horses prolonging their careers.

The thing is I accept there are some shit parts of the industry (Two Year Racing being a good example and the Sexual Harassment of Female Jockeys is another) and I read a great book about it that came out by an Industry Insider last year.

It just frustrates me when you have PPL complaining about a type of Animal they know nothing about, in fact most Horse PPL who are not Racing PPL usually are indifferent to the Industry rather than against it because they know that about 65% of Flat Race Horses end up being Equestrian or Hobby Horses and another 15% going on to be Jumpers.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 5

TTIM: The way that this story is being handled: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/11/03/20/13/woman-charged-after-allegedly-pushing-police-officer-into-bushes-at-melbourne-cup.

It's all a good laugh that a woman assaulted a police officer at the Melbourne Cup. Can you imagine if this had happened at an A League game? Or can you imagine if it had been a bloke instead of a woman? Double standards.

TTIM: The way that this story is being handled: http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/11/03/20/13/woman-charged-after-allegedly-pushing-police-officer-into-bushes-at-melbourne-cup.

It's all a good laugh that a woman assaulted a police officer at the Melbourne Cup. Can you imagine if this had happened at an A League game? Or can you imagine if it had been a bloke instead of a woman? Double standards.

So you want the cop to be a robot and be black and white and treat everything to the letter of the law?

You're a bit thick if you can't understand why this particular incident is less serious and why a cop would feel less vulnerable than being pushed by a bloke in a heated confrontation. 

TTIM: faux outrage.  

Edited by hedaik

So you want the cop to be a robot and be black and white and treat everything to the letter of the law?

It appears The VRC has joined The AFL, The NRL, The ACB, Rupert Murdoch, James Packer, Tony Abbott, Bill Shorten, The Unions, The Freemasons, The Zionist Chocolate Store Owners, The Bikie Gangs and dont forget Cardinal Pell (Even though he is now employed at The Vatican) in using the Evil Australian Press to crucify ever so unfairly Australian Sokka Fans.

Edited by cadete

In my opinion your both on two sides of the spectrum in terms of your opinions. 

Green seater I doubt it would be looked at too much differently if it were the aleague.  

Cadete you might not believe it but there are actually people out there who are very anti soccer. I'm not kidding either it's true! Can you deny that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there are a number of people in the media, particularly in Victoria, that really dislike the sport? In some cases a very passionate hate for the sport? 

Edited by n i k o

Lol seriously he should be fired for this shit. Can't even protect himself from an unarmed small women, how can he protect society from violent criminals?

I've said it before,  but Australian police officers wouldn't last a shift in the US. 

• Like 1

In my opinion your both on two sides of the spectrum in terms of your opinions. 

Green seater I doubt it would be looked at too much differently if it were the aleague.  

Cadete you might not believe it but there are actually people out there who are very anti soccer. I'm not kidding either it's true! Can you deny that it's not beyond the realms of possibility that there are a number of people in the media, particularly in Victoria, that really dislike the sport? In some cases a very passionate hate for the sport? 

There may be some individuals in the media who may be Anti-Soccer but over the past five years the A-League's presence on TV, Radio and in particular the Printed Press has only grown larger and larger. Every year more and more of the Sport Sections of the Papers are dedicated to Soccer and not other Sports like Cricket.

That is because it is in the Media's interest is actually for the A-League to be popular, as it does not compete with the AFL and Australian's are naturally more inclined to get more involved and passionate about a Sporting Club than a National or Representative Side.

PPL talk about minor incidents regarding the A-League that should not be reported but my experience is that I and most PPL I have attended Heart/City matches with for five years have seen a lot more bad image newsworthy stories not reported... FFS there was once such incident a few weeks back which was just ignored by the media.

Mark Fine spent 5 minutes on the opening of his show on SEN bagging out Rugby Union during the Wallabies dream run, Rebecca Wilson and other NSW journos have openly bagged out AFL...who really cares

Edited by hedaik

And thats something we should be proud happy about

Not really, we should be proud/happy that we don't have anywhere near the level of crime as other countries, including other developed Western countries. 

As for the police, their unfathomable level of incompetence, that never ceases to amaze me, like seriously how the fuck do you get run up on by an unarmed drunk small women, just makes me dislike them more. 

He even admitted he saw her coming and was wondering what she was doing lol ffs :droy:

Also the reason why I hate the whole "The Media is Anti-Soccer" conspiracy theory so much alongside the fact I know it is not true is because who largely created this theory and who still peddles it the most heavily.

A club who has a significant subsection of its supporter base who has for over ten years to this day intentionally gone out there way to deliberately bully opposition supporters and commit crimes connected to the Sport and the A-League itself.

Its very easy to peddle such crap if you are one of the bullies yourself, or likewise a supporter of the bullies' team and therefore stand little chance of getting hurt or harmed yourself. Most Heart Active Supporters never received such a benefit.

Edited by cadete

You're a bit thick if you can't understand why this particular incident is less serious and why a cop would feel less vulnerable than being pushed by a bloke in a heated confrontation. 

TTIM: faux outrage.  

probably more to the point. Would be a completely different story if it was a bloke rather than a hot bird.

• Like 1

I always knew our police force were push overs.............

:lawl: :lawl::lawl: :lawl::lawl:

But seriously that is the funniest thing i have seen for a while. Nice to see something on the news that doesn't involve talking about someone getting killed or how such and such product now causes cancer.

TTIM: "Welcome to Thornbury" AKA Thornbury Food Truck Park...

I live nearby and after being tired from doing a long day my GF and I decided to go there to get something quick to eat, so we rock up in our Trackies to see from the outside of the place Numerous Security Guards (Including a Bouncer) and a large amounts of blokes dressed in their best shirts and women in heels as if they were at a Bar on Chapel Street. (FWIW there was no actual dress code - Just a lot of PPL seemed dressed that way).

The whole point of these Food Trucks a few years back was so you could get a good quick feed (That wasn't some major chain) in a park in your trackies... and it now has morphed into a Social Occasion worthy of Bouncers and PPL in bloody Heels???

FFS talk about taking something half decent and striping it brillantly of what made it half decent in the first place.

Edited by cadete

11 minutes ago, cadete said:

The whole point of these Food Trucks a few years back was so you could get a good quick feed (That wasn't some major chain) in a park in your trackies... and it now has morphed into a Social Occasion worthy of Bouncers and PPL in bloody Heels???

FFS talk about taking something half decent and striping it brillantly of what made it half decent in the first place.

A perfect summary of "cool" Melbourne.

Not quite the same thing, but reminds me of when we first moved here and a friend was really exited to take me to this "really cool bar". He described it as "like a car park in an alley way where you sit on milk crates. But you have to line up to get in and it is a bit expensive". He couldnt understand why I wasnt as enthusiastic about the plan as he was

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

A perfect summary of "cool" Melbourne.

Not quite the same thing, but reminds me of when we first moved here and a friend was really exited to take me to this "really cool bar". He described it as "like a car park in an alley way where you sit on milk crates. But you have to line up to get in and it is a bit expensive". He couldnt understand why I wasnt as enthusiastic about the plan as he was

Mate, I am so old I remember drinking Longnecks of MB at an empty St Jerome's... The Bar which was probably the place he was describing. 

NOTE: Why did that place always have Wasps?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, cadete said:

Mate, I am so old I remember drinking Longnecks of MB at an empty St Jerome's... The Bar which was probably the place he was describing. 

NOTE: Why did that place always have Wasps?

Nah he was talking about the crate bar, which i think has had a facelift in fairly recent years but it was at the time literary a bunch of crates in a vacant lot in an alley (i think) near Chinatown, where the "i have an office job but i am still edgy" crowd would congregate and drink overpriced beer from a caravan.

TTIM: Dickhead kids who keep breaking the glass of bus stops by throwing shit through it.

Maybe we should throw a brick through one of their windows at home, and they can see what it's like to clean it up, then how much it is to replace it?

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

I like section 8 :(

In all seriousness as far as "cool" bars in the city go it's actually one of the better ones.

I like it during the daytime when theres nobody there, its pretty fucked at night when busy and you're just standing aimlessly in the middle. 

1 hour ago, hedaik said:

I like it during the daytime when theres nobody there, its pretty fucked at night when busy and you're just standing aimlessly in the middle. 

Plus the toilet facilities are beyond inadequate when its busy.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Ya fucking right about that, I've wasted so much time there waiting, a dude passed out in the shitty tiny urinal one and made the line even worse once.

Worst line I've ever seen was this weekend at revs was fucking ridiculous waited 20 minutes for a piss.

TTIM; the toilet line at clubs

TTDIM; the urinal line normally goes quick when you actually need to piss.

19 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Ya fucking right about that, I've wasted so much time there waiting, a dude passed out in the shitty tiny urinal one and made the line even worse once.

Worst line I've ever seen was this weekend at revs was fucking ridiculous waited 20 minutes for a piss.

if toilet lines piss u off u dont have enough eccies in ur bloodstream

16 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

TTIM: Dickhead kids who keep breaking the glass of bus stops by throwing shit through it.

Maybe we should throw a brick through one of their windows at home, and they can see what it's like to clean it up, then how much it is to replace it?

I can't understand why they continue to make bus stops out of glass. Why not just continue the concrete ones they used to have and still have a few of. Must cost a fortune to keep replacing them.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

TTIM: The loud fuckwit in a crowded Urinal at a Club/Pub/Festival/or The Races and def at a St Pat's Day Event who feels the need to put on a show by talking loudly to everyone in line in the toilets...

"HOW IS IT GOING BOYS!!!" 

It's going great, I really need to urinate, I can see piss all over the floor, that Cubicle is clearly going to be out of use for at least ten minutes judging by the five blokes in it loudly talking (Which eliminates 1/4 of the pissing opportunities) and now I have to talk to full blown idiot as I wait.

1 hour ago, strider said:

if toilet lines piss u off u dont have enough eccies in ur bloodstream

Does not make sense.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2