Melbourne Football

The JvS thread

Tesla

Well I must say that I can't see JVS solving the problems that we have. To be fair we will be better with Koren Garuccio and Germano if he ever plays again but the problems still extend further than the coach.

excuses excuses.

It is time.

Not excuses, I don't think that JVS is the coach to fix this but the problems extend further than the coach. A good coach can't create decent full backs out of nothing.

• Like 1

Well if JVS is shown the door who ever takes over will need a miracle. There is absolutely nothing in the known universe that will improve Hoffman, Redmayne or Murdocca. A few weeks ago I was willing to let JVS develop the group but after tonight's performance I can't see him doing it but it may be my immediate despair but not even Stephen Dank can help this lot.

• Like 1

Well I must say that I can't see JVS solving the problems that we have. To be fair we will be better with Koren Garuccio and Germano if he ever plays again but the problems still extend further than the coach.

excuses excuses.

It is time.

Not excuses, I don't think that JVS is the coach to fix this but the problems extend further than the coach. A good coach can't create decent full backs out of nothing.

No. But he can recognize a gaping flaw (well actually a few flaws) in the squad and do something about it when buying players. JVS ignored it, so he has dug his own grave.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

I think it's time for him to realize that the pressure is shifting towards him.

A loss to Brisbane and I would be happy for the club to consider sacking him but the question is who can we get that will be better than him. No point sacking a guy because you are losing just for the sake of it, if you are only going to replace him with a dud.

I haven't commented on this thread before and the one things I hate about soccer/football is the premature pressure on managers after a couple of bad results.

The simple fact is though once JVS was appointed on this 3 year deal this club has once again gone backwards. Results, his passion and commitment have all got to be questioned. JVS has all the resources at his disposals, in a salary capped league there is no bigger asset you can have.

The time has come JVS out.

• Like 2

When I read the post about JVS should be sacked and reasons are because players are not performing, doesn't make sense to me. Listening to the SEN show on the way home and Diego got it spot on. The issue is the culture of the club and the lack of character within the playing group and coaching staff... He referred to us as the team of nice guys....

The reason why I want JVS removed is because I don't see him as a first team coach... Assistant? Yes!, Youth Coach? Yes! But not first team coach. But more importantly if he gets the sack it will send shock waves through the club and the playing group. This is what is needed..

If that happens, I won't think that all of a sudden we are going to win the league but all the players including Scott Munn, JD and the rest of the coaching staff we be but on notice... Perform or your out...

Well if JVS is shown the door who ever takes over will need a miracle. There is absolutely nothing in the known universe that will improve Hoffman, Redmayne or Murdocca. A few weeks ago I was willing to let JVS develop the group but after tonight's performance I can't see him doing it but it may be my immediate despair but not even Stephen Dank can help this lot.

Actually Stephen Dank could help us enormously. Fill them up with Thymosin Beta 4 or HGH, have them rubbed out and sacked for breach of contract with no payout, then use the freed up salary cap cash to buy some decent players.

Creative accounting at its most cynical exploitative best!!

Edited by Defibrillator
  • Like 1

Fully agree that the problems extend well beyond the coach.

JVS may be one of the problems, but there are other, and arguably bigger problems.

John Didulica has been at the club for every season, all 4 Heart seasons and this season. A bigger problem who should be one of the first personnel axed.

Scott Munn. How on earth he doesn't draw more criticisms I don't know. As CEO he's ultimately responsible for how the club is run, and if you don't like how Melbourne Heart's 4 seasons and Melbourne City's 1st season have went, then blame him. He should never have been considered for reappointment to head Melbourne City.

JVS is probably the 3rd problematic figure IMO. BTW that's not counting players, namely the Heart players, who without doubt should be at the top of the hit-list, but will unfortunately stick around until the end of the season because it isn't possible to strengthen mid-season. As for JVS, I think he's largely tainted from his time at Melbourne Heart, as I've almost got to the point that everything from Melbourne Heart should be expunged. 

The first point is probably the most important, though. If you think that the coach is the only problem, then you'd just be scapegoating the gaffer and overlooking much bigger problems. Because there's other really problematic individuals - players, football staff, management - as well as club culture & mentality that are seriously holding this club back, and this club won't become a powerhouse that goes from success to success until all those big problems are dealt with.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

Not being privy to the machinations in assembling the team, how JVS/JD managed to have such a a weak defence is beyond me. Granted that Hoffman was one of the better players last season but that does not say much. The lack of a LB and a decent RB  is cruelling the club. The overloaded mid-field compared to the paltry defence. By nature, I am more inclined to look at defenders and although I think that Wieleart is too old for this league and Kisnorbo is a ute rather than a sports car they are still useful. If they place Germano in the long term injury list (or even better end his contract by mutual agreement) the club really ought to be looking at getting two defenders from overseas to fill the LB/RB. Surely we can poach someone from the J-League or even the English league.

As for Scott Munn, I am not sure what role he has in selecting either the playing list or the coaching staff. I can't believe that SM was the sole person responsible for JVS' reappointment, and nor would I trust him to run the football department. If you look at what he should be measured on, then you have to say for this season alone is the increase in membership, the fact that Heart was profitable in all of its four seasons, have not had a major PR issue, etc. If JVS is removed then that decision is likely to be approved by the  CFG.

The reason why I want JVS removed is because I don't see him as a first team coach... Assistant? Yes!, Youth Coach? Yes! But not first team coach. But more importantly if he gets the sack it will send shock waves through the club and the playing group. This is what is needed..

Completley disagree. He needs to leave the club for good. 

If that happens, I won't think that all of a sudden we are going to win the league but all the players including Scott Munn, JD and the rest of the coaching staff we be but on notice... Perform or your out...

Absolutely agree with this. If JVS (as well as other admin staff- including Munn and JD) are fired it wont change results immediately, but it will show that City are serious about transforming this club. I am happy to wait, even completely write this season off providing we get people who have a track record of competency, or even appoint temp staff until they can find the right people I am happy to wait. But to think we can keep the same people and think they will all of a sudden change is ridiculous.

I said at the start of the season- now we will find out who genuinely needed resources and who has been full of shit and hiding behind excuses. Well, now we  are finding out.

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

Haven't seen the game..have recorder it but not yet watched it

It does seem that JVS is living on borrowed time with recent results and the end of last season.

If he is still there in the next game he has got to look at the youngsters, with Melling, Mauk, Garuccio, Marino and Archibald all included in the squad.

They could just help save his job.

Sacking the coach usually produces a brief non-sustained improvement in performance. Its the same in every league in the world. The question though is whether we will see any team development this season under JVS, now I believe that the answer is 'no'. If he remains then we will be even further behind the rest of the league by next season. We actually went backwards under Aloisi, his Heart would have lost every game against JVS's season 1 Heart, but now we are pretty much where we were then, and now we are 4 seasons behind the rest of the league in development.

excuses excuses.

It is time.

A good coach would have used the world's longest off-season to test Ramsay at LB, realised that he was shit, and then tried someone else eg Garruccio or looked for someone else, rather than rely on Germano getting it, and then throwing Garruccio in like he did last night.

• Like 1

It's not all JVS fault. He inherited a club with players still on a few years contract. 

Man City were no stars as soon as the Abu Dabi money started rolling in.  They didnt win the league the second Abu Dabi took over.

Remember Sir Alex was on the verge of being sacked before he became the best manager of the EPL.

As Josep Gombau says - rate me on my second season not my first.

JVS second season we made the finals.  Next season we can get rid of Ramsy, Germano (injury prone), Rob W etc. We may get some Man City youth players as our foreign imports.