Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

Honestly, you would have more luck checking out ozsale.com daily to see if MCFC merchandise shows up. In the past couple months its been in there twice at a fraction of the price you would pay on the club website; scarves $12, beanies $8, home jersey $50.... but they do sting you $10 on p&h.

Wouldnt be surprised if we tinkered with the home kit. Brisbane has changed theres a small amount 1 year into a 2yr deal, Sydney changed the collar and I remember WSW changing theres slightly after 1 season. On that WSW point, I remember reading that after the first year Nike allows custom, non-template kits.

• 2 weeks later...

https://premier.sportsubs.com.au/aleague/melbournecity/products/products?productcategoryid=4&productsubcategoryid=310

Well, if that's the new font, it's hard to think of anything that would look less inspiring. Not to mention how much more difficult it will be to read on the home kits, without a dark outline.

If we need a font to inspire us, then it's going to be one long season...

• Like 1

i dont mind if its a little bigger but the need to not have it look like a giant white sticker on the jersey

This is the part that needs to get better on A-League kits. Have sublimated logos (as, i believe the old Westpac ones were) like AFL teams, or at least make them unobtrusive, like the current Etihad logo. Not these huge rectangular monstrosities that look and feel like a billboard on the shirt. Considering our home shirt is almost completely white, it should be simple to do.

All these specials to this years kit seem to point to some minor changes to the kits this season. I would hope they change the away to the sash.

Coco Joy on the sleeve? That might be it. Partially visible on the sleeve in this article.

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/coco-joy-and-city-football-group-announce-global-partnership/lujemsxzqhv21le544e2y4zw6

The new agreement also extends Coco Joy’s relationship with Manchester City FC, with Coco Joy branding visible on the team’s shirtsleeves during the Club’s visit to Australia as part of a Tour Partnership.
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/coco-joy-and-city-football-group-announce-global-partnership/lujemsxzqhv21le544e2y4zw6#C6wTsPOG6YqCwWzf.99

All these specials to this years kit seem to point to some minor changes to the kits this season. I would hope they change the away to the sash.

There's a recent tweet somewhere on the club's Twitter that the kits will remain unchanged because FFA requires them to remain unchanged for two seasons.

It makes sense that that requirement allows changes in sponsorship, but not the fundamentals of the kit design.

There's a recent tweet somewhere on the club's Twitter that the kits will remain unchanged because FFA requires them to remain unchanged for two seasons.

It makes sense that that requirement allows changes in sponsorship, but not the fundamentals of the kit design.

The FFA doesn't police that requirement very well.

or at all.