Melbourne Football

MERCHANDISE

silverdust

Well the fans are still lapping up all the merchandise with red and white I assume. I tried to get my hands on one of the red and white scarves at the game and they were sold out at both vendors inside AAMI (the last one to a girl right in front of me). There were still heaps of the sky blue ones left; are they stocking more of the blue ones or is red more important to our casual fans than we realise?

Edited by Blackout

Well the fans are still lapping up all the merchandise with red and white I assume. I tried to get my hands on one of the red and white scarves at the game and they were sold out at both vendors inside AAMI (the last one to a girl right in front of me). There were still heaps of the sky blue ones left; are they stocking more of the blue ones or is red more important to our casual fans than we realise?

I think people like that red and blue scarf because its easily the best looking one of The two. Rather than It just being because red is on it

I think people like that red and blue scarf because its easily the best looking one of The two. Rather than It just being because red is on it

I actually thought the blue one looked alright to be honest, probably looked classier. I just straight out refused to get one that wasn't red..

I think people like that red and blue scarf because its easily the best looking one of The two. Rather than It just being because red is on it I actually thought the blue one looked alright to be honest, probably looked classier. I just straight out refused to get one that wasn't red..

Youre not going to be buying much next year then....

My understanding is that our colours will be the same next year ... 

I thought that FFA had a regulation that said they had to remain unchanged for two seasons, supporting the above.

That's how the AFL does it. Stops teams making a blatant cash grab by changing their away jumpers every year.

This matches a logical examination of the situation.

I know I sound like a broken record on this one but it will take a lot of work to get Sydney to change their view that Sky Blue is part of their IP.  Plenty of people on here forget NSW has played in those colours since 1857 and they seem rather attached to their exclusive use.

I think we'll need to see something change- like a less Sydney-centric FFA or an independent A League, before CFG get their way. (My 2 cents.)

In the meantime both home and away jerseys are cheaper now.  

• Like 1

This matches a logical examination of the situation.

I know I sound like a broken record on this one but it will take a lot of work to get Sydney to change their view that Sky Blue is part of their IP.  Plenty of people on here forget NSW has played in those colours since 1857 and they seem rather attached to their exclusive use.

I think we'll need to see something change- like a less Sydney-centric FFA or an independent A League, before CFG get their way. (My 2 cents.)

In the meantime both home and away jerseys are cheaper now.  

Exactly. As I'm sure others (along with me) have said numerous times, it's clearly not up to the club, otherwise it would already be in sky blue.

If anyone has any - you know - evidence that it's going to happen, then by all means, present it. As it stands, I see no reason why anything would have changed from what the situation was less than a year ago, when City tried (and failed) to change the home colour to sky blue. If no such evidence exists, these 'guaranteed', 'bookmark it' etc. suggestions are based on absolutely nothing.

Thinking of buying the white one but you ppl are scarying me off by saying we will turn to sky blue next season.

I think it's win/win personally. Either they're wearing it next year anyway (and I'm far from convinced by the 'sky blue next year' doomsayers), or they change and the first year City kits become collectors items and rare as rocking horse shit in ten years time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

When are we gonna get some Nike gear?

I was speaking to a couple of people at the open training on Tuesday as a few of them asked about where i got my sons kit and we got talking about whats going on with merch.

Its pretty much Nike who are the biggest pain in the arses here and apparently are extremely difficult to work with especially in the first year a club uses them. Wanderers had the same issues with them apparently. Apparently Nike will only organise other merch on a particular him bulk amount in the first year and thats where they've had the issue. I dont think they would stooge us out of merch especially if they wanted to sell te brand in the firts season under the City name.

Was told it will be a different story next season.

Also in regards to the kits for next season. I can confirm that red and white will be here to stay for another year at least. They will stay exactly the same as clubs have to keep the same home and away kit colors for 2 years in a row.

• Like 2

I was speaking to a couple of people at the open training on Tuesday as a few of them asked about where i got my sons kit and we got talking about whats going on with merch.

Its pretty much Nike who are the biggest pain in the arses here and apparently are extremely difficult to work with especially in the first year a club uses them. Wanderers had the same issues with them apparently. Apparently Nike will only organise other merch on a particular him bulk amount in the first year and thats where they've had the issue. I dont think they would stooge us out of merch especially if they wanted to sell te brand in the firts season under the City name.

Also in regards to the kits for next season. I can confirm that red and white will be here to stay for another year at least. They will stay exactly the same as clubs have to keep the same home and away kit colors for 2 years in a row.

Thanks for that Libba. Did they happen to mention if there might be some minor changed? Sydney this year changed the style of collar.

I always suspected it was Nike this whole time. I remember reading that one of the lower EPL clubs went through the same thing as us, and thats in the EPL.

Thanks for that Libba. Did they happen to mention if there might be some minor changed? Sydney this year changed the style of collar.

I always suspected it was Nike this whole time. I remember reading that one of the lower EPL clubs went through the same thing as us, and thats in the EPL.

You'd thing the only possible change might be sponsors and so on, but from what i gathered mate, there will be no changes, They said they didnt want supporters forking out lots of money for changed kits every season.

Fuck i wish they'd had that same thought for supporters in te Heart days. I might of had mor room in my waredrobe and more money in my pocket lol.

• Like 1

New York City have a pretty extensive range of gear. I guess their whole league is Adidas but still makes me jealous.

http://shop.nycfc.com/NYCFC-Catalog/Men%27s/NYCFC-Adidas-Men%27s-Primary-Logo-Hoody/p/NF140810001

I wouldnt mind buying that stuff, but its just way too expensive for using to wipe my arse with :lol:

I bought a Melbourne Victory jersey especially for that purpose.

New York City have a pretty extensive range of gear. I guess their whole league is Adidas but still makes me jealous.

http://shop.nycfc.com/NYCFC-Catalog/Men%27s/NYCFC-Adidas-Men%27s-Primary-Logo-Hoody/p/NF140810001

I wouldnt mind buying that stuff, but its just way too expensive for using to wipe my arse with :lol:

I bought a Melbourne Victory jersey especially for that purpose.

Shit mate i wouldnt be doing that.

Didnt you know that shit is laced with rabies.

My sources tell me (and it's not that Greek construction worker) that a commutation will be sent out to all MCFC members tonight that if you purchase MCFC merchandise before 5pm tomorrow it will be sent out express post ready to wear for the derby game. Get your merchadise on!

My sources tell me (and it's not that Greek construction worker) that a commutation will be sent out to all MCFC members tonight that if you purchase MCFC merchandise before 5pm tomorrow it will be sent out express post ready to wear for the derby game. Get your merchadise on!

They have been trying to flog the pale blue image since the "confusion" about the clubs identity was spoken about recently.

I will be wearing my red and white scarf, Melbourne's colours, thank you very much.

• Like 4

Discounted merch?

Discounted merch?

No. But discounted postage - express post for the price of regular post.