Melbourne Football

Melbourne City Fan Representative Group

Torn Asunder

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

One suggestion put to the club was that as part of signing on for a general admission (unreserved seat) membership, you would pick or be allocated a reserve seat for the home derby / derbies through the club, and then your derby seating allocation would be printed on your membership card.

Then ticketek would be taken out of the equation and you could just rock up to derbies and have your seat through your membership card.

Great idea, if a friend wants to come to the derby then let them buy a season ticket. I hop that the franchise does this

5 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Although it isn't a completely adequate solution and action from the club is still required it's worth noting that Melburnians actively try and address this issue by encouraging City fans with a general admission ticket to all sit together directly above the active bay. I sat in this area last derby and around me there was significantly more City fans than Victory.

Perhaps that could suffice for you and your wife if you decide on attending future away derbies. 

Please do this, the more City fans in that area the better, stop the idiot Victory fans from sitting there.

4 hours ago, morphine said:

Not really meaning to quote you, but on this issue - it's exactly what a Cat C membership is designed for. If already exists. 

Why buy a Cat C ticket when I want to sit in the GA area. I wasted money on a Cat C ticket in season 1, got rained on nearly every single game and had a terrible view. Not again.

one thing I would like to see (and is something that is done in other sports) is an option for members to be able to get an "upgrade" ticket should they want to sit somewhere other than there usual seat, without having to pay the full price for another seat; be it so you can go along with mates who aren't members and sit together, or for if you just really really want to sit in cat A for a particular match but are happy with your cat C seat for everything else........but I'm sure that has been raised quite a few times

And I don't particularly care if this is something that the club somehow manages internally, or if it's done through the ticketing agent

Edited by ecguymer

All in all, these posts mean that there are a lot of ticketing issues to discuss with City. For ordinary non-Derby home matches, for home Derbies, and for away Derbies.

In the first category anything should be possible, because we've never been more than half-full. For the others, something better must be worked out if we want to grow the club.

IMO the way to approach this is not to make a log of "complaints" but to look at the issues as "improvements."

16 hours ago, jeffplz said:

they don't allow GA tickets through the active area gates. theres a lot of cunty seccies at the stadium

I mean up on level 3.

16 hours ago, ecguymer said:

one thing I would like to see (and is something that is done in other sports) is an option for members to be able to get an "upgrade" ticket should they want to sit somewhere other than there usual seat, without having to pay the full price for another seat

I know this was possible in past seasons, don't know if it still is.

16 hours ago, belaguttman said:

Why buy a Cat C ticket when I want to sit in the GA area. I wasted money on a Cat C ticket in season 1, got rained on nearly every single game and had a terrible view. Not again.

All the area at the end of the stadium around the active area this season is cat c, ie allocated seating. It means you don't need to arrange a reserved seat for the derby, it's part of your ticket. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

This is interesting. 

MCFC’s 2016-2017 kit has been designed – it is predominantly white and does not feature any navy blue. It is not a shirt that has been previously worn by Manchester City FC. The away strip will still be red and white.

Probably exactly the same minus the navy blue stripe

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

This is interesting. 

MCFC’s 2016-2017 kit has been designed – it is predominantly white and does not feature any navy blue. It is not a shirt that has been previously worn by Manchester City FC. The away strip will still be red and white.

Really excited to see the top now! Must of been told by the FFA there's no chance of us ever having a sky blue home top

2 hours ago, illeatyourheart said:

In that case, I wouldn't mind this

uiKcZpQ.jpg

lol, everyone takes great pleasure in referring to the visitors as 'Geelong' then the day before that team plays in Geelong someone devises a kit for us that looks like Geelong's strip (with some minor differences) and people froth over it!

This forum, fuck me dead

17 minutes ago, Imperial Pints said:

lol, everyone takes great pleasure in referring to the visitors as 'Geelong' then the day before that team plays in Geelong someone devises a kit for us that looks like Geelong's strip (with some minor differences) and people froth over it!

This forum, fuck me dead

We'll take that as a "no" then...

FRG members provided positive feedback on the new format of the newsletter. MCFC are now directing marketing campaigns to particular target groups (e.g., members who have available seats next to them, female members)

Did this actually happen and I missed it? Can't remember seeing anything.

17 hours ago, Tesla said:

I was sent the latest minutes by Torn a little over a week ago but hadn't had a chance to post until now as I was overseas and then a long flight back and then jet lag etc. so excuse the delay but here are the latest minutes: http://melbournefootball.com/melbourne-city-fan-representative-group-meeting-261115/

Incredible that Scott can´t tell the difference between CFG and Manchester City by now.. :lol:

11 hours ago, silva10 said:

It does sound as if they have taken notice of some complaints about the strip i.e. having navy and being Manchester City hand me downs. It doesn't make up for the debacle that went before, but at least it sounds like Melbourne will have a strip of their own.

Sounds like they had their kit they want ok'd by the FFA and then Sydney complained and then the FFA back flipped so they were left scrambling. Its actually a good thing this has happend because now we will get our own unique home kit with only white and sky blue. 

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Sounds like they had their kit they want ok'd by the FFA and then Sydney complained and then the FFA back flipped so they were left scrambling. Its actually a good thing this has happend because now we will get our own unique home kit with only white and sky blue. 

That statement has definitely not been made by the club. They've said that there will be no navy blue, but have said nothing about another colour - such as red.

• Like 1

At the end of the day as long as we are entertaining and playing well I don't care what the top is really. They could be running around in gimp suits as long as there our gimp suits I don't care what it looks like. It just has to be ours. The way we play comes before the kit for me.

• Like 3

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic