Melbourne Football

Robert Koren (confirmed by club as released)

Jimmy

I've seen enough. Not marquee quality.

Not even A-League quality from what he's shown.

Yep I was patient and thought in time he would come good, similar to Janko. But for the life of me how long do we have to wait. Our season has been on the line last 2 games and he just cruises around and seems to put in when he feels like it. Very very very disappointed in him but more so the flog that brought him here. Both GTFO .

He's been shit but first port of call, bring in a competent manager. He'd probably be killing it under Arnold.

Do you honestly believe he is playing like this because of the system/tactics. He's potentially jeopardising his career, he might not get another contract after us and the way he's playing he shouldn't . I think he's just not as good as everyone thought he'd be.

Been said before, he is a luxury player. He shows the odd bit of work ethic, turn of foot and actually looks quite happy when we score. But, for the most part, he is too lax off the ball. He misses shots that a player of his quality should be burying. He has enough quality around him to be more influential but it isn't working. 

I had high hopes but he has been a disappointment. 

I dislike him more than Ramsey

Ramsey Atleast trys with what he's got. Atleast has a go.

Koren

mr marque

Mr first ever Melb city marque

IS SUCH A WASTE OF TIME AND SPACE

My god i said something very very simular on the Melb City Fans page.

I have been anti Ramsay for a very very very long time, but Koren has taken over for me as the most annoying and hated player at City for me.

Gonna lay off Ramsay a little now. Ok he's not a quality footballer, but th bloke has a go. Koren on the other hand clearly doesnt give a shit. Ok he's being played out of position, but qualitiy footballers find a way to contribute and have a go.

Koren

mr marque

I have been anti Ramsay for a very very very long time, but Koren has taken over for me as the most annoying and hated player at City for me.

Gonna lay off Ramsay a little now. Ok he's not a quality footballer, but th bloke has a go. Koren on the other hand clearly doesnt give a shit. Ok he's being played out of position, but qualitiy footballers find a way to contribute and have a go.

I think you nailed it. I hate watching crap footballers but I loath even more players that just don't have a go.

• Like 1

Koren

mr marque

I think you nailed it. I hate watching crap footballers but I loath even more players that just don't have a go.

spot on guys, He cops a lot our good friend Ramsey - But he has a dip he runs he tries, He may not be the best gifted player but hey if he has a dip its good.

Koren looks like he is on holidays. Dis interested  lack of emotion lack of passion lack of anything positive

• Like 1

Not impressed with him this far TBH, but would like to see how he goes under a manager with a clue about how to fit our playing group together on the pitch. Actually, just a manager with a clue, that'd be nice.

I agree. He has been poor though and he has looked lax about it a lot of the time. But I think these decision can't be made until we see what a new manager can make of the team.

Not impressed with him this far TBH, but would like to see how he goes under a manager with a clue about how to fit our playing group together on the pitch. Actually, just a manager with a clue, that'd be nice.

I agree. He has been poor though and he has looked lax about it a lot of the time. But I think these decision can't be made until we see what a new manager can make of the team.

Then next season you will then ask was it the manager or was it the player again. No there are plenty of other tell tale signs that indicate that Koren is not the type of player we require under any coach.

In all seriousness, did we really expect a 34 yr old to run rings around players in the A-league. 34 yr olds are well and truly retired.

the dud of all duds daniel mcbreen won the golden boot around that age

Anyone here care to mention Engelaar.

Was 35 and i'd bloody take him still before this clump of shit

Then next season you will then ask was it the manager or was it the player again. No there are plenty of other tell tale signs that indicate that Koren is not the type of player we require under any coach. I agree he has been as useless as Kennedy. But the same could be said about Kennedy who scored bags of goals for all his clubs and for the NT and now can't get close and looks shithouse.

Perhaps Koren had incriminating photos of all the managers he played for when he was playing in the epl. How could such a shit player play at the top of Championship and EPL level otherwise?

Edited by n i k o

Then next season you will then ask was it the manager or was it the player again. No there are plenty of other tell tale signs that indicate that Koren is not the type of player we require under any coach.

Well, I don't know anymore. So many players seem to come to us and then don't seem to live up to expectation. We knew Koren was a "luxury player" before he came, but even lazy players, or luxury players, do have self-esteem and pride and I can't believe that we keep signing the wrong sort of player for City. Yes the players do carry some responsibility, but ultimately this must all come down to the ability of the manager to sign the right players for the strategies and tactics he wants to use, to use the right motivation techniques for the players, and to maintain discipline etc. etc. Ultimately everything does come back to the manager. Aloisi had one and a half seasons, and van 't Schip is about to clock up three and a half, and Heart/City have underperformed throughout that whole period. It's not a personal attack on them, but they just haven't been the right people for the task in front of them.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know anymore. So many players seem to come to us and then don't seem to live up to expectation. We knew Koren was a "luxury player" before he came, but even lazy players, or luxury players, do have self-esteem and pride and I can't believe that we keep signing the wrong sort of player for City. Yes the players do carry some responsibility, but ultimately this must all come down to the ability of the manager to sign the right players for the strategies and tactics he wants to use, to use the right motivation techniques for the players, and to maintain discipline etc. etc. Ultimately everything does come back to the manager. Aloisi had one and a half seasons, and van 't Schip is about to clock up three and a half, and Heart/City have underperformed throughout that whole period. It's not a personal attack on them, but they just haven't been the right people for the task in front of them.

I do agree with what you are saying. I knew instinctively that JA was going the wrong choice and I seriously contemplated not renewing my season's ticket. With JVS I have a more nuanced perspective. In season one the club was setup and since my only experience of start up clubs were in the AFL (Brisbane Bears, WCE, Adelaide Crows) I did not know what to expect and in the AFL those clubs took a few years to find their feet. IIRC in season 1, the club missed the finals by about 2 games - one of which Jacob Burns took a dive for which he was suspended. In season 2 the club still did not have adequate facilities, the budget was cut and some players were sold. Much harder task. mean while NQF went bust and CGU had the rug pulled from under them. So from that perspective the club was doing well to survive. So that brings us to last season when JVS took over and Engelaar began to get match fit and the winning streak occurred. Originally JVS said that he was not interested in the job for the following season - until the CFG take over. For me it is this season that he has been found wanting because as far as I'm concerned this is the best playing list the club has ever had. The recruiting has been good with the major exception being Koren. It is possible that another coach may extract more from him but then we would be shopping for a coach to fit a player. JVS has been found wanting in his lack of experimentation this season (I have no idea why this is the case because he certainly was prepared to experiment in previous seasons), his inability to drop players (Redmayne in particular) and his inability to motivate the playing group.

In this season the club has had a lot of things going right and JVS has failed to capitalise on this. And as far as Koren is concerned, well he has not performed to the level that is required of him and he bears responsibility for that.

• Like 1