Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

All that effort for 5 minutes before the second half to show the banner. Was it even shown on T.V? Seems like a lot of people's effort was wasted unfortunately.

The card things were well done though.

Apparently not. Asked on 442 and no-one even saw it.

Should've been held up until we were a few minutes into the second half but I'm guessing that wasn't allowed. At least I saw several people on the pitch taking pics of it

Thank you to everyone who got involved with the campaign, and thank you for letting me help out. Was great to meet you all :)

I want to second this sentiment. Great to meet the all involved.

Yeah well done. Unfortunately I had to work today so couldn't help out apart from making a small donation. But I think people's efforts have been fantastic.

I hope we hear some positive news soon.

All that effort for 5 minutes before the second half to show the banner. Was it even shown on T.V? Seems like a lot of people's effort was wasted unfortunately.

The card things were well done though.

We were told we had to take it down after only a minute of having up ffs.

Was supposed to be a massive pullover but had to be changed and put onto sticks at the last minute on the club's request.

Anyways, we tried. Just wait and see what happens now.

Edited by FB.
  • Like 1

So what happens to it now? Can we bundle it up and post it to Manchester? Actually, I might do that with my placard. I ended up with 2 anyway.

Manchester City Football Club, Etihad Stadium, Rowsley Street, Manchester M11 3FF.

• Like 4

No, don't send it to London, it'll just be tossed into the bin. What we need to do is have it hanging outside the Imp or somewhere prominent in the Melbourne CBD. Heck, in time it could even become equivalent to our Eureka Stokade flag - owners come and go but the fans remain :)

Add my congratulations to all who were involved in the organization of this. From what I could see, response was good at the Yarraside End, but very patchy elsewhere. I gave it a go on the western wing, but most of the people there seemed to regard their placard as a souvenir of the game rather than something to hold up to convey the message.

Anyway, we tried. No-one can say that we didn't.

As has already been stated, great effort by all involved.

The placards definitely had the desired affect amongst the crowd - there was plenty of discussion and heaps of people wanted to get one, and also keep it after the game.

Disappointedly, the Herald Sun made no mention of the fan's message in today's paper. It was all about HK. Half of one of the placards could be seen in one of the photos ... but that was about it.

Disappointedly, the Herald Sun made no mention of the fan's message in today's paper. It was all about HK. Half of one of the placards could be seen in one of the photos ... but that was about it.

Davor Davutovic was probably too busy unpacking his bags from his trip to Manchester to write that final paragraph

• Like 1

Bit of press from theaustralian haven't seen much else thus far:

"With owner Manchester City planning a winter makeover, Heart fans asked their new owners to 'Keep the Red and White' through banners and thousands of signs."

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/wanderers-spoil-kewell-sendoff-victory-demolishes-phoenix-and-mariners-shock-roar/story-fn63e0vj-1226882010242

Davor Davutovic was probably too busy unpacking his bags from his trip to Manchester to write that final paragraph

If you listen to fox sports football podcast no24 at 10min mark Davutovic talks about his trip to Manchester with some interesting opinions about heart and the takeover

Big respect to all involved both pre and during the game. I'm a shitcunt, didn't do anything, but it was good to be a supporter of Heart, and as i said in the 'yes or no' thread, if they do change both name and colours, that's it for me but like i said, i'll always tell people i was a fan of the Heart and now i just don't give 2 fucks.

Got a brief mention in the Guardian write up of the match:

"With owners Manchester City planning a winter makeover, Heart fans asked their new owners to "Keep the Red and White" through banners and thousands of signs. Despite the loss, Heart fans would probably play in pink polka dots next season if they could keep Kewell and Engelaar."

And that second sentence basically gets it all wrong and trivialises the message we were trying to get across. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/12/melbourne-heart-western-sydney-wanderers-a-league

Disappointing regarding the perceived lack of media attention on the campaign, but that by no means whatsoever should detract from the amazing work achieved by those involved so well done! 

Interesting at the end of the game when I saw a fan at the Yarraside end try to get a photo with Redders holding the Keep Melbourne Red & White placard but he kind of gave that "oh no, no, I'd love to but I can't do that" sort of response. Wonder if it means anything or maybe the players were just told by club officials not to get involved, dunno.

Disappointing regarding the perceived lack of media attention on the campaign, but that by no means whatsoever should detract from the amazing work achieved by those involved so well done!

Interesting at the end of the game when I saw a fan at the Yarraside end try to get a photo with Redders holding the Keep Melbourne Red & White placard but he kind of gave that "oh no, no, I'd love to but I can't do that" sort of response. Wonder if it means anything or maybe the players were just told by club officials not to get involved, dunno.

Yeah I saw that as well regarding Redders. He was almost saying that "Oh I can't do anything about it" and I'm sure the players just want to continue playing next season in whatever colours. In the end he lifted it hip height but that was it.

Yeah I saw that as well regarding Redders. He was almost saying that "Oh I can't do anything about it" and I'm sure the players just want to continue playing next season in whatever colours. In the end he lifted it hip height but that was it.

Most of our boys are bloody lucky to have a contract for next season. There's no way they will step out of line. FFA would probably jump on them as well, using the "bringing the game into disrepute" provision.

If you listen to fox sports football podcast no24 at 10min mark Davutovic talks about his trip to Manchester with some interesting opinions about heart and the takeover

Hopefully then our passion for our colours and identity has struck a chord with CFG

I dont think the players should be dragged into the campaign anyway,they are in an entierly different position than us as fans. it would be a very awkward position to be in for them and if I were in their shoes I wouldnt like to be dragged into it.

• Like 1