Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Hey guys, I put this together to try and sum up the arguments for keeping the red and white. 

I haven't shared it anywhere else yet. This is kind of the first draft.

Feedback, additions, suggested changes etc would be much appreciated.

attachicon.gifRed&White.png

10. Red and white stripes are a unique combination amongst Australian sporting teams at an elite level in any code. Sky blue is generic

• Like 1

Hey guys, I put this together to try and sum up the arguments for keeping the red and white. 

10. Red and white stripes are a unique combination amongst Australian sporting teams at an elite level in any code. Sky blue is generic

Great point. I'll change that. 

Pretty solid mate, only thing is i would get rid of the point about the poll on here, but the rest is good :up:

Is that because you think not enough people (248 so far) have voted on it? 

It's a fair point if so, but what i wanted to do was let people who might not be aware know what we already know: that the vast majority of Heart fans are against this.

Anyone got any other points that could replace it, and possibly convey a similar message?

Pretty solid mate, only thing is i would get rid of the point about the poll on here, but the rest is good :up:

Is that because you think not enough people (248 so far) have voted on it? 

It's a fair point if so, but what i wanted to do was let people who might not be aware know what we already know: that the vast majority of Heart fans are against this.

Anyone got any other points that could replace it, and possibly convey a similar message?

maybe only 248 have voted but we displayed all 2500 placards at the last home game and I would take that as a more general support of that position. 

Great point. I'll change that. 

As good as this list is, I highly doubt the people in positions to make decisions will read it.

My  suggestion is you tweak as you see fit (I would mention that sky blue has been the colours of NSW since 1857) and then attach this in a letter or email to Scott Munn or David Lyon at Melbourne Heart FC.  On here, whilst we appreciate it, you are just preaching to the converted and its too good to waste.

• Like 1

My  suggestion is you tweak as you see fit (I would mention that sky blue has been the colours of NSW since 1857) and then attach this in a letter or email to Scott Munn or David Lyon at Melbourne Heart FC.  On here, whilst we appreciate it, you are just preaching to the converted and its too good to waste.

Thanks. I'll send it to them as well. I only really put it on here to see if anyone had anything to add and to see what people thought. The main aim is to spread it on social media. It's also written in a way that I hope would be easy for those not too familiar with it all to understand what's going on.

From some things I've seen on Twitter from people who aren't Heart fans a lot of people seem to be under the impression that it doesn't matter because the club's only been around for a short time (and hasn't been particularly successful). I think that the way it's been reported in the media for the most part backs up that view too.

It's understandable that a lot of people outside of Melbourne and outside of the world of football would not be aware that, for example, the traditional colours of Melbourne are red and white. Maybe it's futile, but I feel like raising awareness of our objections to changing from red and white and the reasons for those objections is pretty much all we can do at the moment.

EDIT: I emailed it to David Lyon asking him to pass it on to anyone at the club it may be relevant to. I got a response within half an hour. He said "I understand and appreciate your passion and I'll make sure your email is given to the people who need to digest it." 

Edited by Dearg is bán

It's understandable that a lot of people outside of Melbourne and outside of the world of football would not be aware that, for example, the traditional colours of Melbourne are red and white. Maybe it's futile, but I feel like raising awareness of our objections to changing from red and white and the reasons for those objections is pretty much all we can do at the moment.

You didn't have to be outside Melbourne not to know that.

I admit I don't go to the city much, but I've lived here for 23 years and the only two places I have seen the City flag are 1) on a wooden carved ornamental mantelpiece in a country property down Warrnambool way, and 2) when it was used as a tifo at AAMI Park.

Especially as the new logo of the City of Melbourne is a green and blue thing (and may be seen on the club website) remarkably similar to the Bank of Melbourne logo.

You didn't have to be outside Melbourne not to know that.

I admit I don't go to the city much, but I've lived here for 23 years and the only two places I have seen the City flag are 1) on a wooden carved ornamental mantelpiece in a country property down Warrnambool way, and 2) when it was used as a tifo at AAMI Park.

Especially as the new logo of the City of Melbourne is a green and blue thing (and may be seen on the club website) remarkably similar to the Bank of Melbourne logo.

The logo of Melbourne is something that gets changed every few years, whereas the coat of arms for Melbourne has been around since 1940

https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/ABOUTMELBOURNE/HISTORY/Pages/CoatofArms.aspx

They own the fkn club, when you by a red car and spray it blue is it a crime? No! You fkn own it. Go spend time with your family and stop crying over the red and white that produced nothing but poor results the last three seasons. City all we ask for is attractive football that comes with results, the rest is yours just make it happen. If ppl have a problem with the richest club saving us from embarising ourselves even more, then go start up a forum and call it Sooks Are Us!

They own the fkn club, when you by a red car and spray it blue is it a crime? No! You fkn own it. Go spend time with your family and stop crying over the red and white that produced nothing but poor results the last three seasons. City all we ask for is attractive football that comes with results, the rest is yours just make it happen. If ppl have a problem with the richest club saving us from embarising ourselves even more, then go start up a forum and call it Sooks Are Us!

They can play in the hot pink like Palermo for all I care if it gives us a decent defence.  The last 20 minutes against WSW was simply unacceptable at any level.  I'm still waiting for heads to start rolling, starting with our forwards who couldn't hit water if they were fucking skiing.

In general people are somewhat concerned about results.. It´s the difference between say Chelsea and Brentford in London.

Results was what created the divide between them, results created the fanbase, the bigger stadium, it brought in the sponsors etc etc.

This is what Seda does to you

They own the fkn club, when you by a red car and spray it blue is it a crime? No! You fkn own it.

Melbourne Heart is owned by....?

You're analogy is incorrect.

When you lease a car, can you just freely go and change the colour? No, you can't. It is actually a crime because it is something you don't own.

Bobby-Hill-Shakes-Head-Bikes-Away-King-o

• Like 1

They own the fkn club, when you by a red car and spray it blue is it a crime? No! You fkn own it.

When you lease a car, can you just freely go and change the colour? No, you can't. It is actually a crime because it is something you don't own.

Your analogy is not necessarily correct either.

If is a financing lease then you are wrong if it is an operating lease you are correct.

The correct comparison is McDonalds and a store owner. They can't go changing shit unless OKed by head office

• Like 2

If is a financing lease then you are wrong if it is an operating lease you are correct.

The correct comparison is McDonalds and a store owner. They can't go changing shit unless OKed by head office

So many bad analogies my head hurts. Analogies are over-rated. 

Massimo Murdocca for captain next season.

He'll be lucky to get on the field. Kisnorbo the obvious choice ATM.

• Like 1

He'll be lucky to get on the field. Kisnorbo the obvious choice ATM. If you talking obviousness ............ Hoffman is the man

His single goal had us off the bottom of the ladder for few minutes at least :)

• Like 1

As much as I like Kisnorbo and I think every team needs one of those old school defenders. I would much rather a captain who controls the team on field tactically, tells players where to go what position etc. I don't think Kisnorbo can do that as the passing game seems to be his weak link.

Yes I see where you have gone there, and it is much better.

The point was, They don't actually have the right to just change whatever they want, because all they have paid for is the lease to operate the club. The FFA own us, and as a result all decisions outside the general business of the football club must go through them, hence their application to the FFA.

Which also gives us a little bit more of an opportunity to have a voice on such matters.

The point was, They don't actually have the right to just change whatever they want, because all they have paid for is the lease to operate the club. The FFA own us, and as a result all decisions outside the general business of the football club must go through them, hence their application to the FFA.

Which also gives us a little bit more of an opportunity to have a voice on such matters.

Quite correct Bozza. What interests me going forward is if our owners invest money in physical infrastructure, such as a training/Academy complex, either at Latrobe elsewhere - which they have given every indication of doing. I presume that such infrastructure will, in fact, be the property of the owners, and be independent of the licence to operate an FFA franchise. All sorts of possibilities arise from then on.

When you lease a car, can you just freely go and change the colour? No, you can't. It is actually a crime because it is something you don't own. Your analogy is not necessarily correct either.

Lol. No. They do own the club (80%). That club owns a licence to operate in the A-League. Of which the licence has stringent conditions attached to it. There is no "leasing" involved. The application to the FFA is highly likely one of those conditions. It is not because the FFA own us. The end result is probably no different though.

• Like 1