Melbourne Football

***Help Keep the Red & White***

FB.

Also the tie in with the Moyes Out banner might get some media exposure in the UK "Aussie Fans make "Moyes Out" like statement over possible Man City plan to change kit colours."

Would certainly be an impressive spectacle if you guys can pull this off, and it most likely would indeed make the UK papers. That said, they would just use it as a chance to put their spin on it. Expect the headlines to read something along the lines of "Melbourne Heart fans protest Manchester City ownership".

I hope that this will not be the case. This is about our colours, not the ownership of the club. I see no value in putting people at City offside.

• Like 1

Just a thought about football journos. Might be an idea to tweet them in regards to what is being planned re #KeepTheRedAndWhite

I'd like to think they were on our side and didn't see this as upstaging Harry's farewell or being negative about MCFC. For starters, the journos I think would be good to target are: Michael Lynch, Seb Hassett,  Dom Bossi and Dave Davutovic

Just a thought about football journos. Might be an idea to tweet them in regards to what is being planned re #KeepTheRedAndWhite

I'd like to think they were on our side and didn't see this as upstaging Harry's farewell or being negative about MCFC. For starters, the journos I think would be good to target are: Michael Lynch, Seb Hassett,  Dom Bossi and Dave Davutovic

Papers have been contacted but without any luck so I have sent a few emails to some English papers in case they are keen. They are unlikely to want to do a story on it as they will not want to get on the wrong side of City for future stories. Also think Aus newspaper editors, as evidenced so far, are looking to push the colour changes so there is that "EPL glamour".

Also the tie in with the Moyes Out banner might get some media exposure in the UK "Aussie Fans make "Moyes Out" like statement over possible Man City plan to change kit colours."

Would certainly be an impressive spectacle if you guys can pull this off, and it most likely would indeed make the UK papers. That said, they would just use it as a chance to put their spin on it. Expect the headlines to read something along the lines of "Melbourne Heart fans protest Manchester City ownership".

I hope that this will not be the case. This is about our colours, not the ownership of the club. I see no value in putting people at City offside.

Agreed.  I am positive about man City, unless they make us into a "mini-man city", in which case, that's the end of "us".

The Moyes connection is also lost on me.  I really have no interest in who coaches Manchester United.  They can get whoever they like (though the worse the better!). 

Anyway great work lads, lets keep the SAVE THE RED AND WHITE momentum going.

It should be clear that this is a positive campaign designed to show our passion and belief in our club, and that we are grateful for the opportunity Manchester City is giving our Football Club, and in turn hope that they give our colours the same opportunity to shine as this transition continues!

• Like 3

Another thought - this may have been said - but I'm sure as individuals plenty of people could bring in packs of red and white balloons and blow them up before and during the game and just have them bouncing around everywhere, to add to the visual effect.

Yeah, I was thinking this as well. Are we allowed to though?

1 volunteer so far to hand out placards. Anymore takers? It won't take too long out of your evening and you will be able to watch the full match! Cheers

Where about are the cards going to be given out?

Details just being finalised now but just around the stadium and Goschs paddock etc.

• Like 1

Thanks to all Melbourne Heart fans for your continued support with the ‪#‎KeepTheRedAndWhite‬ campaign. Donated funds for the campaign have gone into approximately 2500 placards with the design below. These will be distributed prior to kick-off in the game against the Western Sydney Wanderers around the concourse of the stadium. Funds have also been allocated towards a banner/pullover with a similar message. We thank everyone for the donations so far and encourage those who haven’t to still do so.

What can you do now?

• Make sure you get to the game a little earlier than usual and look around the concourse/carpark to collect your placard.

• We ask that prior to kick off and during the game to hold the placards in the air, in support of keeping the red and white, especially during our team song “So Happy Together”

• Bring everything you can that has red and white on it including banners, flags etc. Our aim is to create a colourful atmosphere by celebrating and supporting our club and colours so our new owners are aware how much they mean to us. 

• Continue to spread the #KeepTheRedAndWhite message on all social media platforms, and share this post on your timeline.

Melbourne is RED AND WHITE!

169f0ww.jpg

Absolutely perfect.

I'd sell my soul to play attractive winning football and smash the tards.

But you don't HAVE to. The advantages of City buying us won't change if they let us keep our identity. Wouldn't it be even better to see the attractive winning football (and "smash the tards") played by a team in OUR colours?

• Like 3

Just a thought, but should the eastern side of the ground be heavily targeted for the placards? This is pretty well where the Foxtel cameras will be pointed for the majority of the game and certainly behind the players at kickoff. I just looked at a recorded game and the Yarraside crew hardly shows up with a ball in the box at the Yarraside end given how high the cameras are. Placards seen at kickoff and surely the commentators will comment and open the debate - any press is better than no press!

Just a thought, but should the eastern side of the ground be heavily targeted for the placards? This is pretty well where the Foxtel cameras will be pointed for the majority of the game and certainly behind the players at kickoff. I just looked at a recorded game and the Yarraside crew hardly shows up with a ball in the box at the Yarraside end given how high the cameras are. Placards seen at kickoff and surely the commentators will comment and open the debate - any press is better than no press!

Agree with this, plus with the banners, flags, two-sticks, streamers and everyone (hopefully) wearing red and white and making a ton of noise at the Yarraside end, I reckon it could only be a positive thing to get everyone else on board to stake our red and white claim on a more united front.

Yeah the placards will be strategically placed. Won't really be wasted on the non TV side. Hoping but not confirmed that there may be multiple banners including some on the TV wing. But only if the club gives us the ok, funds look ok and if we have enough time.

Edited by RoyalHeart

It would also be great if we could get most of ga espeacily behind the black tarp too stand and sing along with the yarraside to make our point even more loud and clear

They are as always most welcome to!  

From my experience of sitting in ga I have always felt that when I stand up for a corner or something that I'm obstruction some bodies view of the game so therefor I'm reluctant to stand up except when somebody in front of me stands up which asks the question if we got enough people in ga to stand up would that cause the more quit type of supporter to sand as well so they can see the game?

Please post the graphic only for the placard ... I'm on the non TV side but I will print some out for my area

Just pick one up at the ground mate. We will be handing them out on the concourse and in the park. Not being on the TV side won't stop us giving you a placard by any means! We simply encourage those who ARE TV side to get involved.

Edited by milanista93

I think it'd be a good idea if we decide on specific times where everyone picks these placards up and displays the high on top of our heads for like a minute or two because it will look better when done in unison.

For example, if we ALL held them up ON Kick-Off, on the 15min mark, 30min mark & 45min mark (considering there will probably be a 1min injury time) then at least we can all be seen to be in sync!

Then repeat again in the second half, On Kick-Off, 60min mark, 75min mark & 90min mark until the full time whistle...

What do you guys think?

• Like 2