Melbourne Football

Wishlist for change for 2014/2015 and beyond

alexiano

On field Success .. That's what we all want..

Developing good young players into great athletes the can represent Melbourne proudly.

To stop being the laughing stock of the league

Great football.

Visa players that actually play and perform at a high level..

Become the Power House club we deserve to be!! That's what I want..

Just a quick note AAMI Park is owned by the State Government. Changing the colour of the seats, facilities, etc. will need the govt approval. As far as ownership is concerned that may require a sell off which would come with conditions.

Never thought about buying the thing, that wouldnt be an option for a long time.

But, as we are now as financially strong as anyone in Australian sport, plus we are now joined at the hip (through ownership) with the Storm, we can use this as leverage to get things done that Melbourne Heart probably would have struggle to do.

No way known should we pay for a change in seats, just a thought the stadium management should think about.

On the facility, doesnt even need to be fixed. Heart/Storm could invest in a truck like option with a fold out stage etc (just thinking of a concept) and do a deal with local food vans (some are pretty good around the town) to create a 'city square' experience for pre and post game entertainment, food and drinks. I am sure if you invited the stadium to use their liquor license to sell their grog, they would jump at it.

13 of our games, 12 or so Storm games and it can feasible for 2 clubs in 'minor' codes in the city to grow the match day experience.

50% off for storm members to our games, vice-versa etc, first game free etc can help grown both fan bases.

With a bankroll of 1 Trillion $$$ the wish list may have some granted...for me..

our own HOME including academy, training centre, social club, restaurant/bar

top notch playing roster,

superstar overseas marquee player,

the best available aussie marquee player,

new kit sponsor (Nike, Adidas,Puma)

groundswell of corporate support and backing

top notch marketing and advertising team

the best available CEO and Footy Manager

reckon we could get all that and have some change...

If we get Nike, maybe they could make 'half and half' City/Heart kits and sell them in stores and online so we don't have to make our own.

Edit: Oh and 'half and half' scarves would be brilliant too. Maybe someone from yside can make them for the friendly here in May, and put 'fuck off victory' on the back too. Hahaha that would be so cool.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

If we get Nike, maybe they could make 'half and half' City/Heart kits and sell them in stores and online so we don't have to make our own.

Edit: Oh and 'half and half' scarves would be brilliant too. Maybe someone from yside can make them for the friendly here in May, and put 'fuck off victory' on the back too. Hahaha that would be so cool.

Thats exactly something a MV fan would say and judging by the photos on your avatar i serious question why you would waste your time on a MHFC supporter forum.

• Like 1

Just a quick note AAMI Park is owned by the State Government. Changing the colour of the seats, facilities, etc. will need the govt approval. As far as ownership is concerned that may require a sell off which would come with conditions.

Never thought about buying the thing, that wouldnt be an option for a long time.

But, as we are now as financially strong as anyone in Australian sport, plus we are now joined at the hip (through ownership) with the Storm, we can use this as leverage to get things done that Melbourne Heart probably would have struggle to do.

No way known should we pay for a change in seats, just a thought the stadium management should think about.

On the facility, doesnt even need to be fixed. Heart/Storm could invest in a truck like option with a fold out stage etc (just thinking of a concept) and do a deal with local food vans (some are pretty good around the town) to create a 'city square' experience for pre and post game entertainment, food and drinks. I am sure if you invited the stadium to use their liquor license to sell their grog, they would jump at it.

13 of our games, 12 or so Storm games and it can feasible for 2 clubs in 'minor' codes in the city to grow the match day experience.

50% off for storm members to our games, vice-versa etc, first game free etc can help grown both fan bases.

As far as catering is concerned that would not be possible. The stadium amangement has a contract for the whole precinct so alternative vendors are not allowed. Of course the club can with stadium amangement and the caterers provide 'a city court' experience with a different menu but it will still be the same caterers. BTW they also cater for the corporate boxes to some excellent level of service.

Also there may be some issues regarding security if they try and provide a 'city square' type area.

Thats exactly something a MV fan would say and judging by the photos on your avatar i serious question why you would waste your time on a MHFC supporter forum. He is being irrational

On purpose :) :)

$6.40 for a shitty hot dog with no cheese, plus having to pay for sauce. Pls.

I never pay for sauce mate. Just pay for your food then lean over and grab the sauces. The pimply little 15 year old working the till will just look at you and smile awkwardly.

THIEF !!!!!! that's why we couldn't afford nice things at the club. They were forever making up the difference on the tills at the stadium !!! grrrrrrrrrrrr  :ph34r:

I'm hoping we can see a re-think of all this next season and beyond when Manchester City have full hold of the reins.

The game won't grow if you stifle it with petty decisions on videos and the like. And Heart has been very poor with respect to information about our NYL players right from the inception of the NYL team. How can you attract people to take an interest in the club if you don't say something interesting about it?

I'm hoping we can see a re-think of all this next season and beyond when Manchester City have full hold of the reins.

The game won't grow if you stifle it with petty decisions on videos and the like. And Heart has been very poor with respect to information about our NYL players right from the inception of the NYL team. How can you attract people to take an interest in the club if you don't say something interesting about it?

Again, this decision is enforced by FFA on behalf of Foxtel who own all the moving image rights even if they have no intention of ever using them. This, like the scheduling decisions is a Fox/FFA decision, not the franchise

I'm looking forward to City being involved because I bet they will have pretty strong opinions about many things not just how Heart is run but the A-League in general.  Being such a big worldwide football organisation the FFA will take their opinions rather more seriously I imagine than the people that have been running the Heart till now. 

Edited by Alexxandro

$6.40 for a shitty hot dog with no cheese, plus having to pay for sauce. Pls.

I never pay for sauce mate. Just pay for your food then lean over and grab the sauces. The pimply little 15 year old working the till will just look at you and smile awkwardly. For whatever reason, this just cracked me up.

Regarding the thread, bringing Cahill down could be seen as a viable for both on and off the pitch benefits.

Edited by United
  • Like 1

Again, this decision is enforced by FFA on behalf of Foxtel who own all the moving image rights even if they have no intention of ever using them. This, like the scheduling decisions is a Fox/FFA decision, not the franchise

Coming over from the AFL I have grown up seeing the young players coming through the system. So even if your team is crap you can always look towards next year. So I am all for providing more info on the youth team. The other thing that annoys me is the website - I can barely cope with the fact that they all look the same (where is product differentiation you tools) but they can be so difficult to get decent info. As for moving images being the property of Foxtel - surely photos can be used by the clubs. So I am hoping that MCFC can put sufficient pressure on the FFA to make adequate changes regarding their website and multimedia formats.

• Like 1

Coming over from the AFL I have grown up seeing the young players coming through the system. So even if your team is crap you can always look towards next year. So I am all for providing more info on the youth team. The other thing that annoys me is the website - I can barely cope with the fact that they all look the same (where is product differentiation you tools) but they can be so difficult to get decent info. As for moving images being the property of Foxtel - surely photos can be used by the clubs. So I am hoping that MCFC can put sufficient pressure on the FFA to make adequate changes regarding their website and multimedia formats.

I'm pretty sure (from what I've seen) all of the websites are the same because the A-League runs the websites for the clubs. FWIW, it sounds like the domain melbournecityfc.com.au has already been registered for use, and even if the team name doesn't change I'd suggest that City intend on creating a new website to match mcfc.co.uk. Social media has always been an important part of Khaldoon's vision for City, we made a like-for-like website for NYCFC at nycfc.com, and I'd very much expect a similar website (and hopefully, video content policy) to be put into force for Melbourne Heart come the end of the season when they start making changes.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure (from what I've seen) all of the websites are the same because the A-League runs the websites for the clubs. FWIW, it sounds like the domain melbournecityfc.com.au has already been registered for use, and even if the team name doesn't change I'd suggest that City intend on creating a new website to match mcfc.co.uk. Social media has always been an important part of Khaldoon's vision for City, we made a like-for-like website for NYCFC at nycfc.com, and I'd very much expect a similar website (and hopefully, video content policy) to be put into force for Melbourne Heart come the end of the season when they start making changes.

While this would be very welcome, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen. FFA/HAL allows the 10 clubs very little individuality. My understanding is that the clubs are allowed some web-site content of their own, but that the template is set from above and cannot be changed. At one stage a couple of seasons ago I was repeatedly on at Heart to advertise their next home game more prominently - this was finally achieved after weeks of effort, but has since disappeared again. 

Probably one of the first things Soriano is going to find out in his three months of "listen and learn" is that he he is dealing with a bunch of amateurs and intellectual gnomes at FFA - just look at the spelling and grammatical mistakes for starters.

As well as the changes that are going to be rolled out for Heart I'm going to be fascinated to see how Manchester City is going to deal with FFA!

While this would be very welcome, I won't be holding my breath waiting for it to happen. FFA/HAL allows the 10 clubs very little individuality. My understanding is that the clubs are allowed some web-site content of their own, but that the template is set from above and cannot be changed. At one stage a couple of seasons ago I was repeatedly on at Heart to advertise their next home game more prominently - this was finally achieved after weeks of effort, but has since disappeared again. 

Probably one of the first things Soriano is going to find out in his three months of "listen and learn" is that he he is dealing with a bunch of amateurs and intellectual gnomes at FFA - just look at the spelling and grammatical mistakes for starters.

As well as the changes that are going to be rolled out for Heart I'm going to be fascinated to see how Manchester City is going to deal with FFA!

Maybe the FFA may back down on a few issues when they sit down with the admins considering the sheer weight of money and global exposure they will bring. Hopefully our owners can take the league to the next level not only in youth development and playing standard but administration as well. That saying, I have still alot of time for Gallop and hope he sticks around

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1