Melbourne Football

The Jason Hoffman Appreciation thread

Ando

• 2 weeks later...

Amidst the calls for sackings, mass change, rebranding etc, there is one figure who remains unwavering:

2vrsen8.jpg

FFS I am sick of some of the tripe that comes from the club the players and staff must accept some responsibility. Something along the lines of "We have been poor this season and have not played to our high standards that we set but we will work tirelessly in training to put things right for the fans".

This shows that:

1. They are admitting they are poor

2. We are willing to work our assess off to try and get a win for the fans. 

What Hoffman has said and pretty much most people from the club:

1. We will keep doing what we are doing and hopefully things will get better, let's just "Believe"

:droy:  :droy:

• 5 weeks later...

C'mon please FFS.

He got skinned by Pain a couple of times, where he was when Traore put it on a plate for Pain to miss from the 6-yard box, did not make a single over lap going forward, several errant passes to Dugandzic. Yeah it was a MUCH better performance. For Hoffman

If you didn't see him overlap, you weren't watching I'm afraid.

C'mon please FFS.

He got skinned by Pain a couple of times, where he was when Traore put it on a plate for Pain to miss from the 6-yard box, did not make a single over lap going forward, several errant passes to Dugandzic. Yeah it was a MUCH better performance. For Hoffman

If you didn't see him overlap, you weren't watching I'm afraid.

I never saw him once in front of Dugandzic, never saw a single run or ball in to the box he made.

I'm sorry Kiro, but if you didn't see him overlap you weren't watching.

I thought it was the best game he has played for us ever (not saying much). He intercepted well, he passed pretty well, he actually offered something forward which was needed with the 10 men, and for the least talented player in the squad he earnt his spot tonight.

You can pick it apart and say there were errant passes, Traore beat him once or twice etc. but so what? It's not like Behich, Marrone or Walker have played many (if any) games where this didn't happen either.

He is the one and only player underneath Aloisi that has improved.

WTF? It was his shit back pass to Redmayne that caused the first goal!

Agreed. An unnecessary and stupid back pass. In fact although his overall work was OK, he sent the ball backwards on a number of occasions - and in caused us problems every time.

Look, a makeshift player in a position that doesn't suit him. Just one of so many things that have gone wrong in this disastrous season.

• Like 1

WTF? It was his shit back pass to Redmayne that caused the first goal!

How on earth is that first goal anyone's fault but Redders?Redders can claim that 100%

Hoff did well so leave him alone this time

If you want to unload go to Paddy K's thread.

His b grade English division mentality cost us this time

Edited by Jestr

Hoff put Redders under unnecessary pressure, hence why Redders stuffed the clearance! Why give a hard/shit ball back to the keeper to clear when you clear it yourself? Coz he's shit and a coward!

You might call me a Hoffman 'hater', but I can't believe all the Hoffman 'lovers' just coz he had an average game yesterday - this guy proves time and time again that he's not up to A-League standard and should not be played in the right back position because 1. Walker is a better defender, and 2. HOFFMAN IS NOT A RIGHT BACK! Not that that's his fault...it's Aloisi's fault that he plays him there...or plays him at all for that matter.

Hoff put Redders under unnecessary pressure, hence why Redders stuffed the clearance! Why give a hard/shit ball back to the keeper to clear when you clear it yourself? Coz he's shit and a coward!

You might call me a Hoffman 'hater', but I can't believe all the Hoffman 'lovers' just coz he had an average game yesterday - this guy proves time and time again that he's not up to A-League standard and should not be played in the right back position because 1. Walker is a better defender, and 2. HOFFMAN IS NOT A RIGHT BACK! Not that that's his fault...it's Aloisi's fault that he plays him there...or plays him at all for that matter.

I see what your saying and I don't really like hoffman all that much either but redmayne should of been able to clear it away, it's not like the ball didn't get to him. He is a professional, he should be able to handle a bit of pressure.

Have you ever made a mistake yourself? Both Hoffman and Redmayne made a couple of howlers. Unfortunately one of them cost us a goal. Redder's has let a couple of soft ones in recently but he has also made some excellent reflex saves.

The whole squad is under performing and it is a bit unfair to single out individual players.

Hoping for change soon.

Have you ever made a mistake yourself? Both Hoffman and Redmayne made a couple of howlers. Unfortunately one of them cost us a goal. Redder's has let a couple of soft ones in recently but he has also made some excellent reflex saves.

The whole squad is under performing and it is a bit unfair to single out individual players.

Hoping for change soon.

I agree with you that everyone makes mistakes but the goalkeeping is the one person in your team that you can't afford to stuff up and these aren't small errors these are school boy errors.

Hoping for change soon.

This.

Credit to Hoffman. Hes got an annoying voice, looks lanky on the field, and has put us through many miserable performances. 

but he has put in some quality shifts. he makes mistakes - but who hasnt? our incompetent manager decides to make him a LB, two years after he was a striker. 

do i think he should be re-signed end of season? no. but he is not a reason for our current form (or complete lack of it).

Anyone who is payed thousands of dollars to play the sport should be able to kick a ball high and far especially when Redmayne in this case has been put under more pressure before i.e when a player charges at him when he receives a back pass at any time in a match.

Yes, obviously all keepers and even those who are known as some of the best make similar mistakes but there's no point of making excuses such as a bad back pass.