Melbourne Football

New manager

Tesla

Just to throw my two cents worth into the argument, i just noticed that Bob Bradley has been booted by Egypt. Do's anyone think he would be interested in the Job.

Ex usa national coach? Would take him but would think it will be major step backwards for him.

Im assigned to the fact that aloisi is staying for the year, if he hasn't been sacked by now I don't think he will be :(

Just to throw my two cents worth into the argument, i just noticed that Bob Bradley has been booted by Egypt. Do's anyone think he would be interested in the Job.

Ex usa national coach? Would take him but would think it will be major step backwards for him.

Im assigned to the fact that aloisi is staying for the year, if he hasn't been sacked by now I don't think he will be :( Not much point hoping anything will change in the cockpit

JA is staying and just have to get used to bending over every weekend, getting violated then publicly ridiculed while looking forward to better season next year.

Im assigned to the fact that aloisi is staying for the year, if he hasn't been sacked by now I don't think he will be :(

Well, it might appear to be a step backwards, but when you're out of a job you're out of a job. And some people around his age are quite keen on a sea-change and a new challenge.

As for Aloisi, he appears to have survived our dismal showing against Sydney. But I'd say anything less than a draw against Newcastle and a win over Adelaide will change the situation again.

Theres always other ways to get rid of JA. We could roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge  :ph34r:

I know that you are only (mostly) joking but remember he was a good player for us and is trying his best as coach. I wish him all the best for his future, I just wish that his immediate future isn't with us but would welcome him back when he has the appropriate experience and record to suggest that he would bring success to the club.

• Like 1

Theres always other ways to get rid of JA. We could roll him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge  :ph34r:

I know that you are only (mostly) joking but remember he was a good player for us and is trying his best as coach. I wish him all the best for his future, I just wish that his immediate future isn't with us but would welcome him back when he has the appropriate experience and record to suggest that he would bring success to the club.

I guess you'll never know...

simpsons-shifty-dog-o.gif

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Besides options like Stubbins, Papas and Rudan, I think Gerard Nus and JVS are possibilities. 

But I'm not really eager for Nus to replace Aloisi, as it looks like Nus is pretty much going to run the Heart College of Football (our youth academy being created at the end of the season). Also, I don't think he has any experience as an actual head coach. He spent some time at Spanish 3rd division clubs like CF Reus Deportiu and UE Rapitenca, which both have crowds much smaller than Heart (their stadium capacities are 4,850 and 3,000 respectively), and I'm pretty certain he was either an assistant coach or a youth coach during his time at these Spanish clubs.

JVS is quite possibly the best option. Also, it would unequivocally signal that Heart are 're-connecting with our roots', and it would conjure up more positives images, like those of our second 2nd season. Moreover, I reckon JVS would get the best out of our dutch players (Engelaar could play 15 full season matches if he's fit by January, BTW), who I reckon could be great under him, plus he'd get the most out of talented young players like Garuccio, Mauk, Walker, Behich and Dugandzic. If he didn't cost an arm and a leg (and he mightn't, since his last coaching stint was unsuccessful and we'd only pay him for roughly half 1 season), then JVS is quite probably our best option to immediately replace Aloisi.

Edited by Murfy1

Worth reading about Nus (full name Gerard Nus Casanova) in some detail. His work with those lowly Spanish clubs was done as part of his study. My reading of it is that he is principally a health and fitness coach; he has published a book on the subject. You are correct he has not yet been a senior coach.

My gut feel is that he is quite like JvS, without the playing career (which was ended by an ankle injury). I briefly met both of them down at Frankston at the pre-season game. They were talking for the whole of the first half, mainly about the need to work through the pre-season slowly in order to bring the players up to full fitness without injuries.

Worth reading about Nus (full name Gerard Nus Casanova) in some detail. His work with those lowly Spanish clubs was done as part of his study. My reading of it is that he is principally a health and fitness coach; he has published a book on the subject. You are correct he has not yet been a senior coach.

My gut feel is that he is quite like JvS, without the playing career (which was ended by an ankle injury). I briefly met both of them down at Frankston at the pre-season game. They were talking for the whole of the first half, mainly about the need to work through the pre-season slowly in order to bring the players up to full fitness without injuries.

Interesting you mention that because I get the feeling JA pushes everyone hard at training trying to get people fit too quick, which inevitably leads to more injuries.

We had lots of training injuries under JVS too. I thick that it's a product of crap training facilities. Recovery is also a problem. When Grella was here, JA ignored the advice of the medical staff and sent Grella off to a 'witch doctor' who had helped JA with an injury at some stage, we all know how that turned out.

• Like 2

You can check out his web-site at http://gerardnus.com/index.php

You can also Google "Gerard Nus Casanova" and translate/read the first hit, which gives a bit more information about him. I think the same detail is already in English at http://www.libreriacirculorojo.com/lafabricadellibro/2027477/warm-up-in-football:-training-sessions-y-matches.html

We had lots of training injuries under JVS too. I thick that it's a product of crap training facilities. Recovery is also a problem. When Grella was here, JA ignored the advice of the medical staff and sent Grella off to a 'witch doctor' who had helped JA with an injury at some stage, we all know how that turned out.

Must be trying out a new potion on Harry as we speak.

A league can offer a spring board to a great career for a successful individual. Club must not give the job to anyone who just looks like a potential candidate.

No care taking crap.

I'd rather keep JA for the rest of this season and use this time to search for a quality replacement.

Under JA we will string a few wins this year but seriously no one is expecting to play finals.

Lets hope wheels are in motion and search has begun

Under JA we have gone backwards whilst rest of league have moved on. It's embarrassing how far we are now behind even Wellington. 

Our standard of play has dropped beyond that of the minimum required, no development and no improvement in the last two seasons..

It is also blatantly obvious that we are not able to improve our current playing group with JA & HF at the reigns. We want long term improvement not a knee jerk reaction to temporarily get results without value adding to coaching staff.

Hard ask but one that the board have to make this side of Christmas before we all walk out....................be brave MH and give us back some belief and reaffirm your commitment to your old philosophy of youth, community and attractive football.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I'd gladly have us take Edwards. He's done pretty well results wise, he promotes a good possession game and he's good at coaching young players.

Quite possibly the best replacement for Aloisi now IMO, if this sacking officially happens in the next few hours, as reported.

Came on here to write exactly that. 

Fox headline is saying it's happened. Announcement from Glory at 6.00 p.m. WA time.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/perth-glory-sack-coach-alistair-edwards-following-dressing-room-unrest-from-senior-players/story-e6frf4gl-1226785291342

Would be good to get him, but we have to remove Aloisi first.

Don't want the boys to come here though, because it is not a good policy. Inevitably leads to difficulties. Anyway, our lists are full.

Guys, come on...

I want Aloisi gone too and I completely understand the desire for change but I don't want to replace a poor coach with a slightly more capable coach, let's bring in some quality already!

We're trying to stabilise the club as well, so why on earth would we bring in a bloke who was sacked for causing player unrest throughout the whole squad? It would only further depict us as a desperate club without a clear vision, we definitely need change but we definitely don't need a coach of the ilk of Edwards.

• Like 2

Guys, come on...

I want Aloisi gone too and I completely understand the desire for change but I don't want to replace a poor coach with a slightly more capable coach, let's bring in some quality already!

We're trying to stabilise the club as well, so why on earth would we bring in a bloke who was sacked for causing player unrest throughout the whole squad? It would only further depict us as a desperate club without a clear vision, we definitely need change but we definitely don't need a coach of the ilk of Edwards.

Don't get me wrong, if I had the money to be on the board I'd be stumping up my own money to get a very good coach, leapfrog the coaching standard of the rest of the league, but hey, this is Melbourne Heart and the alternative is likely to be a work experience student. We need to think big. In the same way I can't understand people who suggest we should move to a smaller stadium like Lakeside, we need to grow the club support so that AAMI is too small not cement mediocrity in place.

• Like 1

People need to realise there is no such thing as a great interim/temporary coach (at least in the A-League). 

Also, if Aloisi is to leave before the end of the season, as he should for the good of Melbourne Heart FC, Heart's supporters (both current and potential) and for the good of Aloisi himself, then there's only a few coaches who can immediately start coaching. A realistic list of those coaches is: Miron Bleiberg, Phil Stubbins, Alistair Edwards and maybe Mark Rudan, Arthur Papas and (unlikely) Van't Schip.

We can do a thorough search for a new coach at the end of the season. As I expect the club to do.

But for the meantime, Aloisi must go, and Alistair Edwards would be a solid replacement. After he took over at Perth last season, they won 4 of their last 7 games (and drew 1 and lost 2), and only got knocked out in the finals because of BS refereeing. And right now Perth have 3 times as many points as us, with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses, despite some senior players, lead by Jacob Burns, white-anting Edwards' coaching.

Edwards has proven he can get solid results in the A-League (even after taking over a club mid-season), and play good football and promote youth. The only reason he's now out of a job is because Burns is an arrogant, self-centred hack, and Perth Glory's management is so bad by comparison Heart's management look like management all-stars good enough to run a Fortune 500 company.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 4

On this issue of 'recycled' A-League coaches. Heart has never signed a coach who has coached at another A-League club. Ever. First with John Van't Schip, and now with John Aloisi. After getting two of these allegedly glorious new-to-the-A-league-coaches in JVS and Aloisi, I'd be perfectly fine with Heart signing a coach with some actual A-League experience for once.

Edited by Murfy1

No more of these sacked recycled coaches.  And less of these sacked recycled players too while we're at it.

There are 3 types of footballers in the world: new (youth) ones, recycled ones and bought ones. We can't afford bought ones (but the good news is our opposition can't either) so that leaves us with recycled and the youth. recycled's OK, just need to pick the gems (eg Broich, Berisha etc) from the junk.  

No mucking around in the west....quick and painless knifing!!!

Unlike our rubble management which tip toes around saying they are not in the business of sacking coaches but yet are in the results business.

I don't know what Munn has been smoking but what bloody results is he talking about? It must be the 19 consecutive winless games that the club strives for.

People need to realise there is no such thing as a great interim/temporary coach (at least in the A-League). 

Also, if Aloisi is to leave before the end of the season, as he should for the good of Melbourne Heart FC, Heart's supporters (both current and potential) and for the good of Aloisi himself, then there's only a few coaches who can immediately start coaching. A realistic list of those coaches is: Miron Bleiberg, Phil Stubbins, Alistair Edwards and maybe Mark Rudan, Arthur Papas and (unlikely) Van't Schip.

We can do a thorough search for a new coach at the end of the season. As I expect the club to do.

But for the meantime, Aloisi must go, and Alistair Edwards would be a solid replacement. After he took over at Perth last season, they won 4 of their last 7 games (and drew 1 and lost 2), and only got knocked out in the finals because of BS refereeing. And right now Perth have 3 times as many points as us, with 3 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses, despite some senior players, lead by Jacob Burns, white-anting Edwards' coaching.

Edwards has proven he can get solid results in the A-League (even after taking over a club mid-season), and play good football and promote youth. The only reason he's now out of a job is because Burns is an arrogant, self-centred hack, and Perth Glory's management is so bad by comparison Heart's management look like management all-stars good enough to run a Fortune 500 company.

And because Perth have a sole owner.

Chris Tanner (a guy in sports marketing and management) just tweeted: "I also hear this could be Aloisi's last week too"

So, if Andre Villas-Boas is unable to start coaching Melbourne Heart that soon, then who's the best option to replace Aloisi who could realistically start coaching the team next week?