Tesla

Game on FTA TV

Poor scheduling on Friday night

Terrible weather

Terrible results for 2 years

Terrible luck with injuries

Terrible tactically on field

And 8000+ show up to see it.

This city wants our club to succeed and to be a major player.

This team needs a coach to take us where people want to see us at the top of the table

We deserve a quality coaching team

Put end to mediocrity now!!!!!!

• Like 1

Would JA want to hang around if he was asked to move out of the top Job? It would be a constant reminder of his failure

I agree. Why would JA want to stay somewhere were they have told him he is not up to it, that won't give him confidence in the club having confidence in his abilities ( or lack of). Why would anyone accept/ be happy with a demotion in their job

Edited by Fentonthescreamingcactus

Would JA want to hang around if he was asked to move out of the top Job? It would be a constant reminder of his failure

I agree. Why would JA want to stay somewhere were they have told him he is not up to it, that won't give him confidence in the club having confidence in his abilities ( or lack of). Why would anyone accept/ be happy with a demotion in their job

The answer to 'why' would be 'because we have a world class coach that can teach him more than he'd learn by going elsewhere.

The answer to 'why' would be 'because we have a world class coach that can teach him more than he'd learn by going elsewhere.

Bielsa is a fantasy signing, probably in both meanings of the word. If the club has money to throw at him then great, but it would cost more to bring him here than 3 million because this is not a world class league. I would love him to come but I think we need to aim a little lower.

That said I would rather spend money on a world class manager than a player. 

Of course he's a fantasy signing but not a total fantasy as he is available, and would be a clear statement that the days of being smugly happy with mediocrity and being a 'near enough is good enough'  club are over. Why shouldn't we be ambitious? Ahnzi, a Russian club in the middle of nowhere hired Hiddinck for a bucket load of money and qualified for European football for the first time. Why shouldn't our club be ambitious? Of course Bielsa is easy for me to suggest as it isn't my money but if the Board really wants to dominate Australian football this is one way to do it.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 4

You gotta dream big to do big things. Dream small and that's where we are.

Our owners know no other way. I think they understand but they are also canny business people. However I'm not sure how much football knowledge exists at the board level. Getting JA was really about leveraging off his status as a socceroos hero and hoping (fingers crossed) that he would develop into a good coach to go along with his smart media presentation. Not working so far. Not at all. Have we given him enough time? Does the club have enough time to find out if he is good enough? It's the second question that concerns me and others I guess.

Of course he's a fantasy signing but not a total fantasy as he is available, and would be a clear statement that the days of being smugly happy with mediocrity and being a 'near enough is good enough'  club are over. Why shouldn't we be ambitious? Ahnzi, a Russian club in the middle of nowhere hired Hiddinck for a bucket load of money and qualified for European football for the first time. Why shouldn't our club be ambitious? Of course Bielsa is easy for me to suggest as it isn't my money but if the Board really wants to dominate Australian football this is one way to do it.

I agree with you, I just don't think the board has that much cash.

If they don't do something they've just burnt the cash they've already spent because we'll stay rooted to the foot of the ladder. If you use him properly and spread the benefits of his legacy over several seasons then maybe it starts to look good value, otherwise all teams would be happy with first year coaches. What's the HAL record for least goals scored in a season?

• Like 1

Our owners know no other way. I think they understand but they are also canny business people. However I'm not sure how much football knowledge exists at the board level. Getting JA was really about leveraging off his status as a socceroos hero and hoping (fingers crossed) that he would develop into a good coach to go along with his smart media presentation. Not working so far. Not at all. Have we given him enough time? Does the club have enough time to find out if he is good enough? It's the second question that concerns me and others I guess.

If they don't do something they've just burnt the cash they've already spent because we'll stay rooted to the foot of the ladder. If you use him properly and spread the benefits of his legacy over several seasons then maybe it starts to look good value, otherwise all teams would be happy with first year coaches. What's the HAL record for least goals scored in a season?

Another point that we need to consider is that the process of appointing a new manager, especially one from overseas, is that it takes time. And if we are going to make a change for the 2014-15 season we need the new man on board before the end of this season so that he can have a good look at the squad and decide who he wants to keep and who he doesn't. A lot of the current squad come out of contract at the end of this season - no point in re-signing some of them and then bringing in a new coach.

This is a difficult time for the Board. As every game goes by the time squeeze becomes tighter. We see this in simpler terms than they do - after all it's not our cash that's at stake (other than our season-tickets). And I'm sure we all empathise with Sidwell & Co.  But IMO they have had enough time to see what their decision has to be. Last season the worst-performing Australian team in the league, this season already tail-end Charlie, one of only two sides without a win, lowest goals scored and worst goal difference.

It's time.

Hayden Foxe would be interim I'd assume. Can you imagine if he gets a few good results and the board hire him for cheap.

He's tied to JA. If JA goes so does he. We have Nus and JVS as well as our youth coach with more experience than our coaching tandem of Aloisi and Foxe.

In fact right now we'd be better served with anyone of those guys.

• Like 1

Our owners know no other way.

Not sure about that, this season they have bankrolled the signing of a good team (with 2 exceptions) that by rights should have us as a top 4 team. We just need the top coach.

Who's the other one?

Our owners know no other way.

Not sure about that, this season they have bankrolled the signing of a good team (with 2 exceptions) that by rights should have us as a top 4 team. We just need the top coach.

Who's the other one?

DMac, I'd rather have had McGrath

All this talk of a new manager is still premature. All the media have been talking up our performances of the last few weeks with a whole bunch of if onlys.

It is only really on these boards I see a desire for him to be sacked. It will take many more losses for JA to be shown the door. We could win only 5 games by the end of the season and he would still be there based on the current reporting of our games.

All this talk of a new manager is still premature. All the media have been talking up our performances of the last few weeks with a whole bunch of if onlys.

It is only really on these boards I see a desire for him to be sacked. It will take many more losses for JA to be shown the door. We could win only 5 games by the end of the season and he would still be there based on the current reporting of our games.

The dream of Aloisi is irresistible for many and blinds them to the reality

• Like 1

And at the games. Not much faith remaining there. Just an incredibly frustrated crowd.

All the media?

Not quite.

From the "Heart in the Headlines" thread:

Tuning in to watch Melbourne Heart is akin to being forced to watch your friend’s crappy band play. Obligation overrules common sense, and while you want them to do well and are happy to put on a brave face, it only obscures that dull empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

But you're probably right in many ways. JA will survive longer than he should (he already has) simply because we have not ignited sufficient public interest and enthusiasm in the first place.

• Like 2

All the media?

Not quite.

Tuning in to watch Melbourne Heart is akin to being forced to watch your friend’s crappy band play. Obligation overrules common sense, and while you want them to do well and are happy to put on a brave face, it only obscures that dull empty feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

But you're probably right in many ways. JA will survive longer than he should (he already has) simply because we have not ignited sufficient public interest and enthusiasm in the first place.

Pressure is coming from sponsors.

Not many well known companies are happy to pour thousands of $$$$$$ to the club loosing its relevance in competition.

Their logos are splashed for all to see every time heart is on display.

They jumped on board counting on association with winners.

Board is aware of this and if they not hearing it, they will when sponsor's dollars dry up next season.

All the media?

Not quite.

Not many well known companies are happy to pour thousands of $$$$$$ to the club loosing its relevance in competition.

Board is aware of this and if they not hearing it, they will when sponsor's dollars dry up next season.

The club needs a rebranding starting from next season

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

what we need is to start winning NOW!

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

You can do rebranding, but in the end the same shit will show through. The easiest thing to do is start winning and changing the attitude within the club. The rest will take care of itself. 

What the club can do is use our suckyness to it's advantage. Improve and project a strong image that we where down but came through it and we are strong and passionate and now have eyes on being top dog. People will be attracted to that.

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

You can do rebranding, but in the end the same shit will show through. The easiest thing to do is start winning and changing the attitude within the club. The rest will take care of itself. 

What the club can do is use our suckyness to it's advantage. Improve and project a strong image that we where down but came through it and we are strong and passionate and now have eyes on being top dog. People will be attracted to that.

Otherwise it is the same shit, different bucket

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

I think it will give our supporters a renewed sense of passion and excitement for the club that may have been lost due to recent performances. It might even help get new supporters on board..? I'm not talking about a name change but maybe a tweaking of the logo and new style jerseys that will coincide with possible new marketing strategies.

AFL club Fremantle would be the best example here.

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

I think it will give our supporters a renewed sense of passion and excitement for the club that may have been lost due to recent performances. It might even help get new supporters on board..? I'm not talking about a name change but maybe a tweaking of the logo and new style jerseys that will coincide with possible new marketing strategies.

Personally I wouldn't be against that. I think all the A-league teams have changed slightly since they came in. It's only natural that we will develop over time. I still think we have that new boy feel to it. Would be nice to tweak slightly to project a more evolved feel to it. You look at all clubs around the world. They have changed from what they were on day one. 

• Like 1

All the media?

Not quite.

I don't believe we do.

The best rebranding exercise for our club would be to become a club that wins games. Proven effective the world over, you don't need to pay expensive fees to consultants to tell you this strategy.

• Like 3

The best rebranding exercise for our club would be to become a club that wins games. Proven effective the world over, you don't need to pay expensive fees to consultants to tell you this strategy.

In the end it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Nobody cares a shit about all that other stuff when it's raining goals, you're top of the table and going to play ACL next year...

In the end it all comes down to this, doesn't it? Nobody cares a shit about all that other stuff when it's raining goals, you're top of the table and going to play ACL next year...

Were far from that atm

Were far from that atm

yes, we are likely to be celebrating a pretend goal on Friday. If that's the case let's make it loud so that Australian football fans can hear our message

• Like 1

Were far from that atm

yes, we are likely to be celebrating a pretend goal on Friday. If that's the case let's make it loud so that Australian football fans can hear our message

will that message will be... were fukn relieved to have finally scored a goal cos our coaching dept cant implement a proper attacking structure?

Edited by fiz.heart

Were far from that atm

and that message is...?

We are bored