Melbourne Football

Enough is enough..

Sydneyheart

good to see the club's paid attention to 'we demand more heart' from last season (?)

time for it to make a reappearance but can we add 'every week including away games' to the end of it?

What, you don't think it is good for squad morale to talk about the injured players missing? Shouldn't it motivate those who are not automatic first team selections to improve, knowing their coach doesn't think they are up to the job? :droy:

Seriously though, JA has had his favourites since he has come in and talked up their absences as being detrimental to the teams performance. It needs to stop as the whole squad needs to have the backing of the coach. If the players are not up to A-League level then it is the fault of the football department and it is they who need to face the music. You cannot select players for your squad and then complain when you have to play them. It is time for the excuses to stop.

All coaches have favourites, JA is no different there but it's a matter of degree - there are many coaches with worse favouritism

The only thing that worries me about sacking JA is this clubs ability to make shocking decisions.

Wouldn't put it past them sacking JA and hiring Kossie.

Other than that it's hard to get the next appointment wrong.

I think an interim manager for the season, Gerard Nus and see how he goes and if he wants to stay and keep the position. No matter what we should have a proper process this time. Not a fake one the club lied about.

"We have had so much interest in the position from all over the world" Yet end up with our two assistants as the final two and choose a guy with fuck all experience.

Idiots.

No, I don't think that we need an interim manager, we need a long-term manager otherwise this season is treading water and then a new coach has to start afresh at the end of the season. Let a new coach get experience with the current list and try to fix our on-field performances and attitude then build on that momentum next season.

The only thing that worries me about sacking JA is this clubs ability to make shocking decisions.

I think an interim manager for the season, Gerard Nus and see how he goes and if he wants to stay and keep the position. No matter what we should have a proper process this time. Not a fake one the club lied about.

"We have had so much interest in the position from all over the world" Yet end up with our two assistants as the final two and choose a guy with fuck all experience.

Idiots.

No, I don't think that we need an interim manager, we need a long-term manager otherwise this season is treading water and then a new coach has to start afresh at the end of the season. Let a new coach get experience with the current list and try to fix our on-field performances and attitude then build on that momentum next season.

I don't have much of an idea how long it takes to find a new manager once the Board has made the decision. Three months? I can't really see how you can avoid an interim coach for a few weeks while a changeover takes place. But if it is going to happen it needs to happen soon, otherwise any new man won't have much of an opportunity to shape next season's list the way he wants it.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1173401/Aloisi-avoids-open-Heart-surgery#!

Aloisi avoids open Heart surgery

Melbourne Heart chief executive Scott Munn threw his support behind the team's coach John Aloisi, who is without a win since February.

In what is colloquially referred to as a 'kiss of death' in football, Munn publicly backed Aloisi, insisting the club still sees the Australia international as its long-term coach, with an unchanged expectation to play finals this season, despite starting with three draws and two losses to be last on the ladder.

"We're not participating for any other reason. There's a long way to go," Munn said.

"We have an absolute obligation to give him every opportunity to succeed in his position and we haven't changed."

Aloisi and football boss John Didulica presented at the Heart's monthly board meeting on Tuesday.

Munn said the next three games - against Sydney FC, away to Newcastle Jets and at home against Adelaide United - are "really important" for the club.

Aloisi will again be without the injured Harry Kewell and has indicated changes to boost his team's attacking potency are likely after focussing on "punishing teams" in training.

He is adamant Heart doesn't need to change too much to start winning.

"Losing is never an option. I hate losing but it's part of the game. I can't think about losing, I can only think about making sure we prepare well enough to win," Aloisi said.

"It does get frustrating because we know that we should have had not just one win we should have had at least a couple."

The Sky Blues have been forced into changes in defence with Tiago Calvano and Marc Warren both missing through suspension.

Aloisi was unsure whether attention on Del Piero after winning numerous free kicks against Victory would cause referees to take a second look at his actions.

"Let's hope so," Aloisi said with a grin.

"I don't know who the referee is tomorrow, if he'll be looking closely at that, if it's going to help us that'll be great."

Kewell has been training at AFL side Carlton's high-altitude replicating facilities but has only just resumed running.

Aloisi looks to be on borrowed time

Edited by mattyh001

"Munn said the next three games - against Sydney FC, away to Newcastle Jets and at home against Adelaide United - are "really important" for the club."

A board meets to analyse the performance of a company against a range of criteria. Munn has been doing his community engagement stuff, recent fan rep group meeting and the Diabetes initiative. He got a tick. The football department managed by JD was asked how team performance was going. JD said we were last on the ladder but JA said we got into many good positions but failed to find the back of the net. Otherwise, all was going well. The board told JA he had till Christmas to show why he should still keep his job. And that the following three games against SFC, NUJ and AU were all winnable. They told JA that the next three games were "really important" for the club - code for "really important for his job"

Edited by HEARTinator

Idiots.

How can we execute finding the right coach if we don't have a proper process in trying to find the right one?

Like JW states I can't see how we avoid an interim manager. We are fortunate our assistant coaches have more experience than JA. Nus and Van't Schip can easily steady the ship and provide the season doesn't get totally wasted.

The next permanent coach has to be the right coach for the sake of our club.

I detect a lot of passion from fans at the moment about what is happening to this club.  I hope the club reads this and doesn't see it as a negative, as long as we're unhappy and angry and want change, the club is safe.

Its when fans become indifferent that it spells the end for the club.

Nth Queensland still folded, even when the fans turned up

Idiots.

How can we execute finding the right coach if we don't have a proper process in trying to find the right one?

Like JW states I can't see how we avoid an interim manager. We are fortunate our assistant coaches have more experience than JA. Nus and Van't Schip can easily steady the ship and provide the season doesn't get totally wasted.

The next permanent coach has to be the right coach for the sake of our club.

I think JA will eventually become a good manager. He needs much more time. JVS to take the reigns untill JA is ready

I think JA will eventually become a good manager. 

Why so sure? 

That's what I have always wondered. A lot of people say they think JA will become a good manager. What's this based on ?? 

If you give enough typewriters to enough monkeys and give them enough time then eventually they will produce the Encyclopaedia Brittanica

I think JA will eventually become a good manager. 

Why so sure? 

That's what I have always wondered. A lot of people say they think JA will become a good manager. What's this based on ?? 

If you give enough typewriters to enough monkeys and give them enough time then eventually they will produce the Encyclopaedia Brittanica

No BG, they won't.

I do agree however that all this talk of JA becoming a good manager seems to stem from his popularity as a player and his charismatic personality. Not to mention his dress sense.

I know someone who has played under JA as coach and they speak very highly of him. The results for Heart have not been satisfactory however and so either things need to pick up or change is needed.

It was interesting that the 442 podcast from this week was asking the questions of JA as coach. It would appear that over the last fortnight the number of people asking questions or calling for his head has increased out of sight.

I'm one of the ones that think that he may become a good manager. he needs to take more risks and become more proactive during games, that comes with experience. He doesn't have that experience at the moment.

He might well become a fantastic coach. The question is, where does he get experience? Coaching the firsts in top level competition is not it. Player/managers were all the rage a number of years ago but that practice is no longer popular for a reason.

A number of players drop down a couple of levels, get experience and then step up to the top jobs.

I don't think anyone would think badly of JA if he said he was out of his depth and wanted to move back into NYL or an assistant position under someone he could learn from. I think this would be a good face saver and would be respectful to JA who has been identified as having potential and has been a good servant of our club.

• Like 3

Wearing a MH top today and some lady at my work said "Take that shit off", I said "what would you like me to wear?", she said "A Victory top". Thing is she doesn't even go to Victory games. You better start winning JA as you brought this on me!

Wearing scarf to work this morning.

2 ppl waiting at the coffee shop looked up

" it's embarrassing mate, take it off"

And laughed.

All I could say was " your skinny soya macchiato is getting cold "

Pathetic! I know.

2 years ago I was getting thumbs up and

" go heart!"

These days are over......... At the moment.

Wearing a MH top today and some lady at my work said "Take that shit off", I said "what would you like me to wear?", she said "A Victory top". Thing is she doesn't even go to Victory games. You better start winning JA as you brought this on me!

Bitch slap her !!!

Probably didn't have anymore than 4 teeth

• Like 1

I detect a lot of passion from fans at the moment about what is happening to this club.  I hope the club reads this and doesn't see it as a negative, as long as we're unhappy and angry and want change, the club is safe.

Its when fans become indifferent that it spells the end for the club.

Nth Queensland still folded, even when the fans turned up

I think one thing we have on our side is the Melbourne derbys. The attendances they get to these games specifically are probably a bit of a life saver for the club at the moment.

And laughed.

Pathetic! I know.

" go heart!"

How times have changed

And laughed.

Pathetic! I know.

" go heart!"

:lol:   Maybe next time you should be more forceful in your reply.

Like " your skinny soya macchiato is getting cold "  should become " YOUR SKINNY SOYA MACCHIATO IS GETTING COLD farken"  :droy:

• Like 1

And laughed.

Pathetic! I know.

" go heart!"

Try wearing a Geelong jumper in Perth. :up:

Everyone's getting the same sort of comments and looks etc.

The problem is that those in the club structure are in their cosy little worlds, aren't moving in our circles, and don't cop what we do. If they were they'd do something about it.

Problem is too most of us are still proud to wear club colours regardless of the mess we're in.

The day I stop I will have to seriously look into the mirror and say where is your commitment fool!!!!

• Like 1

Tell her "you have to put up with me wearing this top...like i have to put up seeing your ugly fucking mug everyday. But at least when i get home i can take the jersey off, you have to live with that fuckin face."

• Like 1