Melbourne Football

Enough is enough..

Sydneyheart

Aloisi's A-League Home & Away record as head coach:

Games: 32

Wins: 8 - 25%

Draw: 5 - 15.6%

Loss: 19 - 59.4%

That is a ridiculous record and no other professional football club in the world would tolerate a 60% loss rate and start with sacking the coach!

A loss this Friday will take him to 20 losses. 2.5 x his win record!

A loss Sunday-week will have him equalling the worst away record!

These stats cannot and should not be ignored or tolerated.

Again. Just deplorable. The club is a shambles as they let this continue. How can you in a salary capped league can a record so so poor be accepted? It shows a lot about the people in charge..

If you want JA out, you have to have someone better to replace him with. Not marginally better, but a level above. Who do you propose this is?

My 10 year old sister.

Haha.

It's a joke obviously but it won't be hard to find someone better.

The floor should be Rudan. Aim for the stars and If the worst we get is Rudan who is willing and available then we are still better off.

Wasn't sure where to put this but was funny hearing Ian Robson on SEN when talking about Muscat and Victory's loss over the weekend 'We (him and Muscat) hate losing, we never want to get tired of hating losing'

At this point in time compare that with the way Aloisi has dealt with a winless start to the season. Not even mad ffs.

Wasn't sure where to put this but was funny hearing Ian Robson on SEN when talking about Muscat and Victory's loss over the weekend 'We (him and Muscat) hate losing, we never want to get tired of hating losing'

At this point in time compare that with the way Aloisi has dealt with a winless start to the season. Not even mad ffs.

That's because John's cool.

We're getting stuff like this written about us:

We're called "loveable losers", we're told that all we stand for is "what happens when you don’t take your chances" and we're told that "There is no incentive for any uncommitted football fan in Melbourne to bat below their average and support the Heart when Victory is right there, doing everything better. Until there is a hook point, this innocuous little club will continue to struggle."

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/11/13/melbourne-heart-needs-to-find-its-soul/

It's embarrassing when folks write stuff like this about our club.

So how about the owners doing something about it.

Enough is enough. 

JA has made us irrelevant. It didn't take long at all.

its true. I feel about us as I felt about NQF and gold coast. Nothing teams that are just there but you never think about. We'll I don't really think about us like that, but I can see how fans of other team would feel like that about us. I don;t care if people love us or hate us, as long as they have some type of reaction other than..meh...

We're getting stuff like this written about us:

We're called "loveable losers", we're told that all we stand for is "what happens when you don’t take your chances" and we're told that "There is no incentive for any uncommitted football fan in Melbourne to bat below their average and support the Heart when Victory is right there, doing everything better. Until there is a hook point, this innocuous little club will continue to struggle."

http://www.theroar.com.au/2013/11/13/melbourne-heart-needs-to-find-its-soul/

It's embarrassing when folks write stuff like this about our club.

So how about the owners doing something about it.

Enough is enough. 

Funnily enough I was literally just reading a piece on WSW (yes, yes. I know we are all sick of ws comparisons) which was saying that people are beginning to dislike them because of the way they go about their business, likening them to Leeds Utd of the 1970s 

http://m.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/western-sydney-wanderers-should-be-crowned-aleague-enemy-20131112-2xeh6.html

Compare that to this article and you will see an exact opposite. And while there are very few articles on us featured in The Roar that I pay much attention to, this one sadly hits very close to the bone. Particularly this line

Being the loveable losers really only works when you have past glories to comfort you. Without a core, without a personality, failure just becomes an empty blackness.

It painfully points out that our issues stretch far beyond having a shit manager. It all comes down to attitude. West Sydney have come into the league and clearly drawn a line in the sand stating that if you cross it they will kick shit out of you (in football terms of course) and because of this people dislike them. Thats a good thing though. Why does everyone hate Man Utd? Because they are (well were) incredibly good and we all got sick of watching them take glee in smashing our dreams.

We on the other hand have come into Melbourne like timid children that are only here because our parents forced the older brother to let us play. And I understand that we were not allowed into the league for 4 years and we didnt get any help like our older brothers (or west sydney for that matter), but that shouldnt make a difference. In fact it is more reason why we needed to be ruthless. But instead we came in and tried to be friends with everyone and in this world if people like you, you are not doing your job.

No one like us

No one like us

No one likes us

Oh dear- how can we change ourselves

Heart needs to stop giving a fuck about making friends and start making more enemies. 

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 3

We've accidentally found the point-of-difference between ourselves and the Tards.

They say they hate losing and we say, oh well, we had a few chances but next time we might bury one in the back of the net real :soon:  

We've accidentally found the point-of-difference between ourselves and the Tards.

They say they hate losing and we say, oh well, we had a few chances but next time we might bury one in the back of the net real :soon:  

I suppose that why their badge says Victory and ours is a love heart

Sadly you're right KSK. Board has to make the tough decisions now - not later. Manager needs to go, various players need to be told to shape up or ship out, and everyone at MHFC needs to be told to get their finger out and get the show on the road.

Edited by jw1739

Sadly you're right KSK. Board has to make the tough decisions now - not later. Manager needs to go, various players need to be told to shape up or ship out, and everyone at MHFC needs to be told to get their finger out and get the show on the road.

Last season a lot fans felt Williams got a lot better,

TBH I reckon he obviously got a bit better than his terrible first season at MHFC - But what also happened was the team in general got a lot worse and made his performances not look so bad.

We have, and everyone will likely agree with me here, accepted mediocrity. We came into the competition with a pretty philosophy. JVS developed some very talented young players and we exported them, which shored up our bottom line. He wasn't, and this is the important part, a ruthless son of a bitch. Either is JA. In fact, JA is even softer than JVS.

JA is devoid of a winning mentality. He needs to show some bloody mongrel. He needs to be a little more aggressive in the interviews, especially when talking about opposition teams in PRE-match interviews. Say things like 'this is a big one' and 'we are going to come out swinging' or even 'we are going to win this thing'.

If he showed a bit of hunger and a bit of fire, the team would get the message.

If he told the boys to stop fucking around and start winning tackles and scoring some fucking goals, they would.

If he said to them that if you play poorly, you will be subbed at half-time, they would pull their fingers out and start playing with some determination and conviction.

The club needs a shake up. If it isn't JA, it'll be someone else.

• Like 2

A lack of a-league experience doesn't matter as long as the manager fits the club's criteria.  The real concern after the Aloisi appointment is what the club's criteria for a manager is, and which of them Aloisi actually ticked. 

Experience as a successful manager - no

Strong experience as an assistant - no

Strong demonstration of player development - no

Recommendation from former employers - didn't JVS recommend Milicic?

Demonstration of tactical knowledge - did his 'long balls until we win a throw-in' plan really impress during the interview?

I actually think Aloisi deserves more than to get sacked after 5 games, but do we have a better process in place now to avoid the same mistake next time?

• Like 1

What worries me is that the bar is set so low at the moment that any movement up the ladder will be enough to secure JA's spot. Let's say we start winning here and there and end the season in sixth. Maybe we lose the first final we play in or even manage one win. So JA gets to coach again the following season and maybe Heart come sixth again... or maybe fifth (yay!) or ninth. 

You see what I'm saying? Now that we are so accepting of mediocrity (it's been over three years of it remember) Heart only need to make the finals and it will be considered a massive success by many. 

Even if Heart improves a bit over the next couple of months I still want him gone. I don't believe in him and I doubt the players do. Waiting for him to suddenly become a skilled coach is like a wife waiting for her abusive husband to stop hitting her. It's stupid, people don't change, or at least VERY rarely. And for them to change, something drastic usually needs to happen. JA needs to go coach in some backwater of Scotland for a few years or kayak down the Amazon. 

End rant. 

• Like 5

What worries me is that the bar is set so low at the moment that any movement up the ladder will be enough to secure JA's spot. Let's say we start winning here and there and end the season in sixth. Maybe we lose the first final we play in or even manage one win. So JA gets to coach again the following season and maybe Heart come sixth again... or maybe fifth (yay!) or ninth. 

You see what I'm saying? Now that we are so accepting of mediocrity (it's been over three years of it remember) Heart only need to make the finals and it will be considered a massive success by many. 

Even if Heart improves a bit over the next couple of months I still want him gone. I don't believe in him and I doubt the players do. Waiting for him to suddenly become a skilled coach is like a wife waiting for her abusive husband to stop hitting her. It's stupid, people don't change, or at least VERY rarely. And for them to change, something drastic usually needs to happen. JA needs to go coach in some backwater of Scotland for a few years or kayak down the Amazon. 

End rant. 

I think we all have that worry. I'm pretty sure his contract is out at the end of the season though. Maybe if they don't want to sack him hopefully there will be enough noise from the fans not to resign him. All we can do is that if he's still there but long term still looks shit, is that we send a msg. Although so far nothing has been heard. Unless they are just listening and working behind the scenes and keeping quiet. How often do you find a new coach was being talked to a few weeks before a guy was sacked ! Fingers crossed :/

End rant. 

I can see the only thing keeping JA on atm is injuries. If Orlando and Kewell had been healthy and we were in this position, I think he would've been sacked by now.

However as we have all said multiple times, it is still not good enough to use injuries as an excuse into why we are playing badly. The better coaches of the league are able to slot hacks into their teams and turn them into stars, JA can't do that.

I don't think JA will last the season out tbh. It's not a question of if it's when.

I actually think Aloisi deserves more than to get sacked after 5 games,

How about after a whole season, two pre-seasons and five games? 

This is pretty much how I feel about that:

Maybe he should have gone at the end last season and we could have bought someone else in to build a squad for this year but he wasn't. I'm not a fan of changing managers all the time so when it was decided that Aloisi would be our manager this season I think he sort of starts on a clean slate.

The expectation for me this year is top 4 and to win a final and if it looks like that isn't going to happen then I think Aloisi should go. I know the results haven't been good enough so far but I think the performances haven't been too bad (bar Perth). I know performances mean fuck all at the end of the day and it's all about results but these things have a habit of evening out so I'm willing to give JA the benefit of the doubt this early in the season.

I definitely think he's under pressure though and if we can't get at least 8 points from the next 4 games then he should go.

Also, most importantly, if he's lost the players he has to go.

I think once we decided to let him manage this season, we have to allow him more than five games.  I'm 95% sure Aloisi will ultimately fail, but for now he deserves a brief shot at proving us wrong, even if it does come at a cost to the club.

There is no point letting him go unless we have a clear replacement lined up who is appreciably more experienced and who has a record of success in similar situations in implementing the style and tactics that we want to play. A comical replacement like 'Moe' Magilton is really unhelpful at this stage of our development.

• Like 1

I actually think Aloisi deserves more than to get sacked after 5 games,

How about after a whole season, two pre-seasons and five games?

This is pretty much how I feel about that:

Maybe he should have gone at the end last season and we could have bought someone else in to build a squad for this year but he wasn't. I'm not a fan of changing managers all the time so when it was decided that Aloisi would be our manager this season I think he sort of starts on a clean slate.

The expectation for me this year is top 4 and to win a final and if it looks like that isn't going to happen then I think Aloisi should go. I know the results haven't been good enough so far but I think the performances haven't been too bad (bar Perth). I know performances mean fuck all at the end of the day and it's all about results but these things have a habit of evening out so I'm willing to give JA the benefit of the doubt this early in the season.

I definitely think he's under pressure though and if we can't get at least 8 points from the next 4 games then he should go.

Also, most importantly, if he's lost the players he has to go.

I think once we decided to let him manage this season, we have to allow him more than five games.  I'm 95% sure Aloisi will ultimately fail, but for now he deserves a brief shot at proving us wrong, even if it does come at a cost to the club.

Why

really why should the club wear this cost?

Club is bigger then any individual so why persist with this side show as you said it yourself ....95% sure he will fail.

It's ridiculous to persist with loosing strategy.

JA is under massive pressure at the moment and I really can't see him lasting much longer in the role ...

In thinking ahead the key thing we'll be able to attribute to him in the future (due to the position he has put the club with our lack of success on field and such an unacceptable philosophy and approach in general) is the galvanising response of Heart supporters who are collectively saying enough is enough.

There is genuine passion and belief in the Red and White by those who support Heart.

As supporters we absolutely fkn care about the club ... To us its not a job or a hobby, it's an integral part of our lives. To us it matters that we are being pitied, to us it matters that the truth is not being acknowledged.

We, the supporters, are the rock that will forever underpin the club. Right now we are weak on the pitch but our unity is growing stronger in the stands by the week. There is frustration that what we signed up for is not being delivered ... an outcome that is not acceptable, nor should it be tolerated.

Anyone who wears the Red and White of Heart, be it a player, a fan or an employee of Heart must do so with pride and honour and will always be accountable to the true supporters of Melbourne Heart FC.

"All for one and one for all,

Side by side we'll never fall"

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 3

he is probably only on 250-350k so I doubt the last year of a contract would worry the board. Besides, there could be a preformance clause in his contract.

If there was a performance clause he'd be well out by now bud.

Friday is the last straw for me, anything other than 3 points and I'll be calling for his head...

The only thing that worries me about sacking JA is this clubs ability to make shocking decisions.

Wouldn't put it past them sacking JA and hiring Kossie.

Other than that it's hard to get the next appointment wrong.

I think an interim manager for the season, Gerard Nus and see how he goes and if he wants to stay and keep the position. No matter what we should have a proper process this time. Not a fake one the club lied about.

"We have had so much interest in the position from all over the world" Yet end up with our two assistants as the final two and choose a guy with fuck all experience.

Idiots.

• Like 3

....our lack of success on field and such an unacceptable philosophy and approach in general

This has been problem number one with aloisis coaching. It's so hard for a new manager starting out to have a set philosophy on how they beleive the game should be played. Usually it takes years and years of experience to really know what works and what doesn't in order to mould a coach into who they are. Without that philosophy the coach will be bouncing back and forth with different ideas on how to play which usually in the process means players don't have proper direction and results are not good. And so far this season this is what we have seen with JA. I would love to know what aloisis coaching philosophy is, or if he even has one.

It's hard to imagine with the 4 seasons we have been in the A-league and shocking results in the last season and this season we are still gradually building a support base. I had two mates going to last weeks game then pulled out last minute due to the crap weather. I'm sure if we were on top of the table they wouldn't think twice on missing the game. It's nice to see the core supporters have not deserted the club and will go regardless of the weather. Now it's up to JA to do the rest.

It's hard to imagine with the 4 seasons we have been in the A-league and shocking results in the last season and this season we are still gradually building a support base. I had two mates going to last weeks game then pulled out last minute due to the crap weather. I'm sure if we were on top of the table they wouldn't think twice on missing the game. It's nice to see the core supporters have not deserted the club and will go regardless of the weather. Now it's up to JA to do the rest.

Crap! We're screwed!

• Like 1

Blaming injuries is a cop out. For example, you never heard Ange Postecoglou, and you don't hear Tony Popovic or Mike Mulvey complaining about injuries or missing players. What sort of message does that send to the players when you talk about missing players? That losing is acceptable because Harry Kewell and Engelaar are missing? That you don't have high expectations for the players on game day? 

Well, losing is not acceptable.

I can just imagine the excuses given if we lose 2-1 to Sydney FC with a couple of shots hitting the cross bar while del Piero scores from a free kick.

We were playing against Sydney FC who had a world class player like del Piero in their side and he was the difference. While the ball just wouldn't go in for us again.

Poor little us. Poor little loveable us. Poor little loveable losers us.

I'm sure our fans have had enough of this developing image. It sucks.

What, you don't think it is good for squad morale to talk about the injured players missing? Shouldn't it motivate those who are not automatic first team selections to improve, knowing their coach doesn't think they are up to the job? :droy:

Seriously though, JA has had his favourites since he has come in and talked up their absences as being detrimental to the teams performance. It needs to stop as the whole squad needs to have the backing of the coach. If the players are not up to A-League level then it is the fault of the football department and it is they who need to face the music. You cannot select players for your squad and then complain when you have to play them. It is time for the excuses to stop.