Melbourne Football

Enough is enough..

Sydneyheart

i'm from Warrnambool

Why have we not been car pooling?

Bloody good question Jimmy...so unlike the club, let's come up with an instant solution and get in touch...come to the train station at Warrnambool (i work there as a conductor) and give your details to my desk staff (or ask for Andy) it saves posting our details all over the net...chat soon in person. AJ

i'm from Warrnambool

Why have we not been car pooling?

Bloody good question Jimmy...so unlike the club, let's come up with an instant solution and get in touch...come to the train station at Warrnambool (i work there as a conductor) and give your details to my desk staff (or ask for Andy) it saves posting our details all over the net...chat soon in person. AJ

shouldnt you two be train pooling then?  :D

JA's aftermatch press conference showed how down he was

he looked like he knew he was well and truely gone

perhaps he was told pre match, no result no job, still want to wait and see if it does happen this week

Nah I don't think the club said anything to him pregame but he knows he hassnt got long. I read his conference as he seems to be at a loss to why things arnt working out. Like he has no solution to the performances.

Agreed Dylan. He truly looks lost and not very sure about anything.

He was so defensive (in the post-match presser) when the journo asked him if it was a tactical problem. The conference was just embarrassing.

Come on JA, tactics is playing a part in this. It might not be the only reason, but it is a factor. No win for the year, no away win for close to two years and a 60+ per cent losing record as manager is saying something mate.

He was so defensive (in the post-match presser) when the journo asked him if it was a tactical problem. The conference was just embarrassing.

Come on JA, tactics is playing a part in this. It might not be the only reason, but it is a factor. No win for the year, no away win for close to two years and a 60+ per cent losing record as manager is saying something mate.

I'm astounded that he persists with out-of-form players and tactics that simply don't work. Cut out this long-ball stuff, start playing the ball along the deck through the midfield and getting some passing movements going. Fix simple things like taking corners and free-kicks. Turn the training sessions on their heads so that the players have to think.

I'm also surprised that the players themselves haven't made some changes to their style of play. Where we are at the moment doesn't exactly enhance their career prospects.

Two points from six games. Things can hardly get worse, so make some changes. ATM we seem to be just waiting for some sort of act-of-God.

Surely JA must understand that even if the club allows him to continue his loosing pattern, it will eventually after he is terminated come back to haunt him.

Who will seriously consider him for a position after 2 disastrous years in charge.

He would be better off to say

"I left senior coaching role to allow heart to go with an experienced coach who can restore winning culture and take the club forward quicker then I could at the moment. I will pursue my coaching career as I believe I can do it successfully at a high level.

Wishing heart all the best..... Thank you"

Couple years down the track people would simply say he had a go, realized then it didn't work very early in his coaching apprenticeship so he moved on.

People will understand then forget short, bad record of a new coach.

Most will remember good things he achieved

But if he keeps flogging this dead horse, it will take many years for people to regain any faith in his abilities.

• Like 4

perhaps its not the best example but look at what ange has done to the socceroos in terms of playing style/tactics with a team he's only coached for three training sessions or something along those lines?

Can't judge fatboyslim yet as I think it's too early. But what he has definitely achieved is that he has got the team eager to play football again. It's a good start but I thought there were a few holes that need to be patched up. 

Surely JA must understand that even if the club allows him to continue his loosing pattern, it will eventually after he is terminated come back to haunt him.

Who will seriously consider him for a position after 2 disastrous years in charge.

He would be better off to say

"I left senior coaching role to allow heart to go with an experienced coach who can restore winning culture and take the club forward quicker then I could at the moment. I will pursue my coaching career as I believe I can do it successfully at a high level.

Wishing heart all the best..... Thank you"

Couple years down the track people would simply say he had a go, realized then it didn't work very early in his coaching apprenticeship so he moved on.

People will understand then forget short, bad record of a new coach.

Most will remember good things he achieved

But if he keeps flogging this dead horse, it will take many years for people to regain any faith in his abilities.

Or he can simply say "I suck as a coach therefore I am stepping down"

JA's aftermatch press conference showed how down he was

he looked like he knew he was well and truely gone

perhaps he was told pre match, no result no job, still want to wait and see if it does happen this week

I think I saw a tear trickle down his left cheek during the presser

perhaps its not the best example but look at what ange has done to the socceroos in terms of playing style/tactics with a team he's only coached for three training sessions or something along those lines?

Can't judge fatboyslim yet as I think it's too early. But what he has definitely achieved is that he has got the team eager to play football again. It's a good start but I thought there were a few holes that need to be patched up. 

i agree completely tony, but in terms of just purely keeping a ship from sinking, he's done well

Aha not sure why everyone is quoting me. You're all spot on. But all I was trying to get across was that his tactics are an issue.

Injuries? Yes.

'Bad' luck? Perhaps.

Team mentality and morale? Obviously.

Tactics? Motherfuckin' elementary.

I reckon, on average, we have better quality players than many of our competitors. Most of our blokes would easily find another A-League club, with a few exceptions.

But, that being said, their performances have been poor. How much of that can be attributed to tactics? I'd suggest a fair bit.

Poor form is poor form, no matter which way you look at it. But, as JW said, there are some simple things we could do to make life a bit easier for Mifsud et al and turn their poor form around.

The problem with JA is that he has been trying the same ol' shit for 33 matches, of which he has lost 19 and won only 8. Definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

• Like 2

Aha not sure why everyone is quoting me. You're all spot on. But all I was trying to get across was that his tactics are an issue.

Injuries? Yes.

'Bad' luck? Perhaps.

I reckon, on average, we have better quality players than many of our competitors. Most of our blokes would easily find another A-League club, with a few exceptions.

But, that being said, their performances have been poor. How much of that can be attributed to tactics? I'd suggest a fair bit.

Poor form is poor form, no matter which way you look at it. But, as JW said, there are some simple things we could do to make life a bit easier for Mifsud et al and turn their poor form around.

The problem with JA is that he has been trying the same ol' shit for 33 matches, of which he has lost 19 and won only 8. Definition of madness is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Agree!

It shits me when people excuse our bad form on the injuries we have. Our current lineups are good enough on paper to be doing alot better then the 2 points we have. To me that says either A. The tactics are shit and the manager can't recognise player strengths and weaknesses and organise them accordingly. Or B. The manager couldn't recognise the certain traits and qualities he needs in players to play his style. Either way it all points to JA not being good enough as a manager and coach, which is a bit disappointing as we all would have liked him to succeed.

• Like 2

Injuries? Yes.

'Bad' luck? Perhaps.

Agree!

It shits me when people excuse our bad form on the injuries we have. Our current lineups are good enough on paper to be doing alot better then the 2 points we have. To me that says either A. The tactics are shit and the manager can't recognise player strengths and weaknesses and organise them accordingly. Or B. The manager couldn't recognise the certain traits and qualities he needs in players to play his style. Either way it all points to JA not being good enough as a manager and coach, which is a bit disappointing as we all would have liked him to succeed.

According to Fox it is all JD's fault.

Yeah but you can judge Ange for what he did for the roar. He overhauled that team and turNed them into winners

Yeah but you can judge Ange for what he did for the roar. He overhauled that team and turNed them into winners

Not necessarily, it's not like roar we're playing the likes of the sides well be facing next year...

He's had one game, against not much of an opposition in comparison to what well be playing in the WC.

I couldn't even discern the game plan we were desperately trying to implement on the weekend against the Jets. They were all over us. Yes we had some cute passes and Mifsud had a chance to put one away, but they sliced open our pathetic midfield and defence too easily.

Murdocca and Migliorini are just not good enough. Both are out of form and out of ideas. If Engelaar was playing, he would pair well with Murdocca. He would probably carry him, which is fine if it works. But with M&M in the midfield pairing, we bleed.

As for the defence, we lost a substantial amount of attacking creativity without Walker. Playing a centre-half as a full-back is pointless because what you gain in defensive capability you lose in offensive capability. This is usually the case because the centre-half doesn't push forward enough. And, as we saw, we copped three goals, all taken from outside the box, with a very defensive back four. The tactic did not work.

At least we took corners like most other teams. They weren't great. But we did score (somehow/luckily) from a set-piece, which was a positive change.

Also, he dropped and brought in a few different players from last week. This was fine, except it didn't work, so it is back to the drawing board. It seems like he does this every week. How can a team perform well without consistency from their manager?

• Like 1

I couldn't even discern the game plan we were desperately trying to implement on the weekend against the Jets. They were all over us. Yes we had some cute passes and Mifsud had a chance to put one away, but they sliced open our pathetic midfield and defence too easily.

Murdocca and Migliorini are just not good enough. Both are out of form and out of ideas. If Engelaar was playing, he would pair well with Murdocca. He would probably carry him, which is fine if it works. But with M&M in the midfield pairing, we bleed.

As for the defence, we lost a substantial amount of attacking creativity without Walker. Playing a centre-half as a full-back is pointless because what you gain in defensive capability you lose in offensive capability. This is usually the case because the centre-half doesn't push forward enough. And, as we saw, we copped three goals, all taken from outside the box, with a very defensive back four. The tactic did not work.

At least we took corners like most other teams. They weren't great. But we did score (somehow/luckily) from a set-piece, which was a positive change.

Also, he dropped and brought in a few different players from last week. This was fine, except it didn't work, so it is back to the drawing board. It seems like he does this every week. How can a team perform well without consistency from their manager?

We have little creativity where it matters - in the centre of the field. Migliorini is just OK but no way is he a Broich, Miller, Ono or Mooy for example. Murdocca would be fine is we had a decent, creative midfielder for him to work off. We got Harry to provide the creativity but ......         The recent article by Davutovic on how JA got the job mentioned that if Milicic had been appointed he was thinking of getting KFC Hernandez to come to HeartFC. Might seem bizzare but he holds the ball really well and gives off passess to split the opposition backline - just what we're not doing and therefore giving Mifsud fook all chance. Last year Tadic was also poorly serviced by the midfield.

We have little creativity where it matters - in the centre of the fieldMigliorini is just OK but no way is he a Broich, Miller, Ono or Mooy for example. Murdocca would be fine is we had a decent, creative midfielder for him to work off. We got Harry to provide the creativity but ......         The recent article by Davutovic on how JA got the job mentioned that if Milicic had been appointed he was thinking of getting KFC Hernandez to come to HeartFC. Might seem bizzare but he holds the ball really well and gives off passess to split the opposition backline - just what we're not doing and therefore giving Mifsud fook all chance. Last year Tadic was also poorly serviced by the midfield.

Really agree with the part in bold. Our team operates with next to no creativity. And it's a sign of Milicic's smarts that he wanted to bring a creative player to Heart that could probably play for the whole season in Hernandez. To be fair, Fred is very much the same sort of player, but he was on a steep physical decline by the time he arrived at Heart.

And this season our creative no 10 position has been botched to the extreme. Our 3 normal number 10s are Kewell, Kalmar and Mauk. But instead of using the latter 2 to replace Kewell, JA has punted for Williams, despite Dugandic, Mebrahtu and even probably Ramsay all being better options. 

Davutovic seems to agree as well, and he confirms that not only Jeremy Walker but Kalmar as well was scapegoated following the Sydney match:

Question: How does Kalmar not get a game for a team sitting rock bottom? Get limited minutes played out of position and is made the scapegoat during Sydney game. Murdocca and Migliorini can play all the 5m sideways passes they want but they create zero chances. Time to send Milicic some flowers and beg for him to come back.

Davutovic: I agree re Kalmar, he needs to play in that attacking third, he's creative, smart, skilful. He was back in the youth team last week, so he was dropped. It reeks of selection double standards

http://livesports.foxsports.com.au/Event/Studs_Up_2511

Edited by Murfy1