Melbourne Football

Matchday Thread

mus-28

I think after tonight, it's fair to say that it's official: you can't just assume any of the finals-bound teams are a lock for three points in any game, regardless of the opposition. I don't trust any of these teams and if there was ever a season where a team could win the championship from outside the top two, this definitely looks like it.

inb4 we win the whole thing

Not saying that, but what would we be saying if City put in that performance? A few weeks back, we were pretty blase about smashing that mob 4-0. I just think people have their blinkers on a bit if they think the top five (four) are juggernauts that are just blowing everyone off the park. Adelaide is the only team above us that hasn't had an absolute shocker since our last loss to the Mariners.

I think on any given day, we can beat any of the teams above us anywhere, but because of our lack of mental strength, we're not going to be able to back that up for three weeks and go all the way. Too right. In regards to the pissants based on the highlights package, on most nights they would have lost by 3 or 4 to Sydney (8 if Redmayne was in goal). I don't fear anyone but having to win 4? in a row away is a big problem ( is it 4? Being a heart supporter I've never had to worry how the finals work) 3 in a row (4th to 6th place play first week, then 1st and 2nd play the two winners in the semis, then the winners play the grand final). Anyway I agree, can't see us winning all 3, hope we at least play well. Semi finals would be good.

If we get Sydney away in the first week to me that's the most winnable choice.

Then Tards in a massive Derby.

Who knows we could get Roar in a home grand final.

Not impossible, but highly improbable. You can only dream.

Id prefer adelaide. They have been very flaky lately.

If we get Sydney away in the first week to me that's the most winnable choice.Then Tards in a massive Derby.Who knows we could get Roar in a home grand final.Not impossible, but highly improbable. You can only dream.

The only reason I lean towards Sydney is Adelaide play similar set up to us and generally we have struggled. Sydney we have decent results of late. Although all this could be different in games you must win opposed to games you can't lose which I think has been the mindset of late. But Adelaide wouldn't worry me either.

If we get Sydney away in the first week to me that's the most winnable choice.Then Tards in a massive Derby.Who knows we could get Roar in a home grand final.Not impossible, but highly improbable. You can only dream.

The only reason I lean towards Sydney is Adelaide play similar set up to us and generally we have struggled. Sydney we have decent results of late. Although all this could be different in games you must win opposed to games you can't lose which I think has been the mindset of late. But Adelaide wouldn't worry me either.

Sydney are rubbish at home too

1-2 51st.

We need Geelong to win this.

We need tards to loose it..... Never ever I want to see them win anything.

If we can't get to finals on our own accord, we don't deserve to be there.

nobody remembers who finishes top...unless your in the rbb

hopefully we get to play them in the semi