Melbourne Football

Michael Mifsud

Tommykins

Don't ever want to see someone defend this retard again. I couldn't give a fuck if he scored a couple Mickey Mouse goals for Malta or that he shows "potential". He might've been a decent player 6/7 years ago... Right here, right now, he is the worst striker in A-League history. He need to rid ourselves of this disease ASAP (along with David Willaims)

• Like 2

Just watched the replay ..... I still can't believe he missed !!!
Had he been on 8 or 9 so far this season ( which he could easily have ) then can be forgiven ,

But that tap in looked like he could close his eyes and let the ball hit him and it would hit the back of the net. 

Where would we be if this guy had put away 75% of his chances ?

• Like 1

Had high hopes for this guy but the icing on the cake was being offside (30 times now) to Duganczic's shot and then still not being able to hit the goal from 3m away. How much better would we be if he had netted a small proportion of his chances. I can't bear to watch him anymore. His time is well and truly over.

I'm going for a new angle with this bloke, looking for the positives.

Is he on a 1 year deal? (Please say yes, that would be positive)

And if so the positives are...

-We get to sign a new striker for next season

-We get to sign a new visa player for next season

Yes, one year.

I'm going for a new angle with this bloke, looking for the positives.

Is he on a 1 year deal? (Please say yes, that would be positive)

And if so the positives are...

-We get to sign a new striker for next season

-We get to sign a new visa player for next season

Yes, one year. I was just about to ask the same question... Thank god his gone next season.

I have a feeling he'll start banging them in at the end of the season and score a new contract :(

Not if JVS keeps him on the bench more often.

If he keeps running like a headless chicken we may as well give Garuccio a go up front to learn his craft. Not like we are going to "potentially" miss out on bagful of goals that misfud scores each week

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

Maltese cross over Mifsud

John Davidson

January 24, 2014

Central Coast Mariners captain John Hutchinson has thrown his support behind under-fire Heart striker Michael Mifsud and believes the heavy criticism aimed at the Maltese international is uncalled for.

Hutchinson has played with Mifsud with the Maltese national team, which the Heart player captains. Mifsud joined the A-League club last year but has managed just one goal from 13 appearances this season.

Hutchinson recommended the 32-year old striker to then Heart coach John Aloisi before the start of the current A-League campaign.

“When I played with him with Malta he was the only goal-scorer pretty much,” Hutchinson said. “Every half-chance he got he scored and he scored against some big countries and big players.

"I spoke to John Aloisi before he came out here and he asked me what he was like, and I just told him and you can see that he would create a lot of chances himself and get in some good areas. It’s just disappointing he hasn’t found the back of the net [more]. I think if he scored half the chances he’d be leading the goal-scoring charts by a mile.

“He’s a good team player. He gets himself in good positions, makes really good runs. I hope for his sake and for Melbourne Heart’s sake he starts scoring goals. He’s a great guy and I stayed in touch with him when I came back here and hopefully he can start finding the net.”

Mifsud’s lone strike in the A-League came in round 10 in a 2-1 loss to Sydney FC. As a club the Heart has struggled to score goals this season, managing just 12 as a team, with David Williams the top-scorer with four.

“It’s just confidence isn’t it,” Hutchinson said. “You see it with all great strikers. They all go through it. I think the criticism Michael’s copping is uncalled for, unwarranted.

"The guy obviously doesn’t mean not to score goals. Against us he hit the post and it bounced straight back into Liam Reddy’s hands. When you don’t get the rub of the green of the striker you can’t score goals.

"I think if he wasn’t getting goal-scoring chances and wasn’t creating then people could be on his back. But I think some of the criticism is a little bit harsh."

Mifsud has played all over Europe with stints in Germany with Kaiserslautern, Norway with Lillestrom, England with Coventry City and Barnsley, and in the Maltese Premier League with Sliema Wanderers, Valletta and Qormi.

Nicknamed ‘The Mosquito’, the tiny striker has racked up 39 goals in 103 matches for Malta since making his debut in 2000.

International teammate Hutchinson believes the criticism aimed at Mifsud would have affected him.

“I don’t know how much players read the internet,” he said. “I know I don’t read the internet or see what people write because it’s easy for people to sit beyond a computer and write what they want.

"I’ve seen some young boys been destroyed by people behind computer screens. I hope he doesn’t look at it because he’s a good professional and I know he’ll be working hard to try and get goals."

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/maltese-cross-over-mifsud

Edited by Murfy1

I'm Maltese. Michael Mifsud is fucking shit. He has to be quite unintelligent to not understand the offside rule as a striker.

I have to concur.

Can't even do the simplest of things. How the hell did he miss that?

It absolutely kills me to say it because I desperately wanted him to succeed, but it is just mind blowing the chances he misses.

I'm Maltese. Michael Mifsud is fucking shit. He has to be quite unintelligent to not understand the offside rule as a striker.

I have to concur.

Can't even do the simplest of things. How the hell did he miss that?

It absolutely kills me to say it because I desperately wanted him to succeed, but it is just mind blowing the chances he misses.

Same here man.

Not only am I furious that he's letting down my club but I'm furious at the fact that after years of watching him play and following his career that this is what he dishes up.

You just can't defend him, he's done as a footballer outside of Malta, and even IN Malta he'd be done if he was missing chances like this.

Edited by King Malta
  • Like 1

I'm putting it out there, he has the WORST touch the aleague has ever seen since it's inception. Seriously.

also is the worst player since the A-League's inception. For fuck sake id rather have Lisandro Love or Richardhino than this pathetic excuse of a football player.

As shit as he is. Come on now. Remember some of the players that have previously donned the red and white.

I'm putting it out there, he has the WORST touch the aleague has ever seen since it's inception. Seriously.

also is the worst player since the A-League's inception. For fuck sake id rather have Lisandro Love or Richardhino than this pathetic excuse of a football player.As shit as he is. Come on now. Remember some of the players that have previously donned the red and white.

That's true. Work ethic is fantastic and he is able to often get into great scoring opportunities. But his touch leaves absolutely no doubt it's the worst ever to grace the league.

I didn't see his miss before the penalty, because I had the sun in my eyes. I've keeped nothing but faith in this guy, just from his energy positioning and the runs he makes. After yesterday's game, I'm convinced he'd be scoreless in a season with our youth team. Sorry Mifsud you like a few others, are also missing the Etihad flight to Manchester....