Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

To be fair i can understand Harry's pain as i myself played under 16's B south and was the striker for the worst team in the comp. I scored 2 goals that season however i did also miss a penalty because there was a delay in taking it due to some springvale white eagles fuckers starting a fight with my fellow team mates. The long delay really goes to your head and its hard not to over think the penalty. give me a job on skysports!

Or maybe you were just shit hence why you missed?

Only a few days ago we were told that Williams took a penalty even though Mifsud is the designated penalty taker. So why Kewell today...?

These are the sorts of things that let us down.

Repeatedly.

Correct Jim, and Willo praised Mifsud for being a gent and telling willo you take it, ... for the good of the team eh !

HK is on the pitch and his ego goes before the club 

• Like 1

Can't believe the amount of flack Kewell is copping for everything that happens. 

The only things he has done wrong is be appointed captain (which isn't his fault), shank a penalty (clearly not his intention) and possibly that training session away from the group which while not looking good from our point of view, was probably encouraged by the club and really would have had very small consequences outside of making 20 people on a forum very angry. 

All this crap about how he is such an attention whore and in love with himself that he fought off the other prospective penalty takers so he could have the glory, or how he is going to retire now that he won't get picked for the world cup, or that he is a dick because of something he did to a club 6 years ago in a country that none of us really care about and therefore doesn't deserve our respect now is bullshit. 

Surely between the clubs lack of comunication, our poor off field situation, our dire on field situation and Aloisi's awe inspiring overall tenure we have enough go to topics to not need to target players who thus far apart from shanking a penalty have done everything right by us.

• Like 3

I am only going to go by the results Kewell gives us. I don't care if he is a cunt off the field, there is a marked difference when he is playing compared to when he issnt. Still want JA to go. To base his whole game plan around one ageing player (well two including Engelaar) and not have a back up plan besides playing Williams in a number 10 role when he issnt that kind of player sums it up really. Oh and its obvious JA can't coach or develop kids which you can see with Mauk and Retre,  another reason why he should be shown the door. 

Lets swap with Perth.

Edited by Dylan

Just watched that penalty again. The Kewell one that is.

Can clearly see is right foot slip sideways quite a long way towards the ball as he puts it down in his kicking action. Meant that he connected with the ball with the inside of his left leg/ankle.

I blame Taylor Swift

I knew kewell was trouble when he walked in :)

• Like 1

"No Fred, no Heart". Once Grella, Engelaar, Kewell are in the side we will get results. Without them we struggle.

I have had enough of these excuses. Sure Kewell looks to transform the side when he comes in, but why are we always looking to one player to lift the other 10 on the field? The other squad members need to be given the opportunity, confidence and backing to step up. Who performs well knowing they are only playing until the automatic choice superstar comes back? Or in Jeremy Walker's case, Jason Hoffman.

"No Fred, no Heart". Once Grella, Engelaar, Kewell are in the side we will get results. Without them we struggle.

I have had enough of these excuses. Sure Kewell looks to transform the side when he comes in, but why are we always looking to one player to lift the other 10 on the field? The other squad members need to be given the opportunity, confidence and backing to step up. Who performs well knowing they are only playing until the automatic choice superstar comes back? Or in Jeremy Walker's case, Jason Hoffman.

Very true Peter.

We all know Harry will do a hammy sooner or later and that will be it.

Where do we go from there.

People will say the same thing they still say about sfc

No ADP no sfc

No HK no heart

Where is development for the future ??

Or do we from now on scout retirement villages every year looking for the "savior"

Very true Peter.

No ADP no sfc

No HK no heart

Or do we from now on scout retirement villages every year looking for the "savior"

Its basicly pointless developing a Quality A League Number 10 for the sake of the future of the starting team as if such young player (Say Mauk for example) even begins to look like being able to play such a position at such a level they will be on a play in a matter of months.

That is why the A League's most creative players have usually been foreign or veterans or often both, its just the reality of the league's place in world soccer.

Can't believe the amount of flack Kewell is copping for everything that happens. 

The only things he has done wrong is be appointed captain (which isn't his fault), shank a penalty (clearly not his intention) and possibly that training session away from the group which while not looking good from our point of view, was probably encouraged by the club and really would have had very small consequences outside of making 20 people on a forum very angry. 

All this crap about how he is such an attention whore and in love with himself that he fought off the other prospective penalty takers so he could have the glory, or how he is going to retire now that he won't get picked for the world cup, or that he is a dick because of something he did to a club 6 years ago in a country that none of us really care about and therefore doesn't deserve our respect now is bullshit. 

Surely between the clubs lack of comunication, our poor off field situation, our dire on field situation and Aloisi's awe inspiring overall tenure we have enough go to topics to not need to target players who thus far apart from shanking a penalty have done everything right by us.

Hammer. Nail. Head.

• Like 1

Suppose that he recovers from his rolled ankle sufficiently to play a major part in the team for the remainder of this season, and indicates that he'd like to play on with us (as did Sibon, BTW).

Would we cut him or keep him?

Keep him! It's better having Kewell on our books than Hoffman for the same salary!

Suppose that he recovers from his rolled ankle sufficiently to play a major part in the team for the remainder of this season, and indicates that he'd like to play on with us (as did Sibon, BTW).

Even if he did want to play on, if Aloisi is still in charge, why would he want to play for us? He'd look elsewhere in the A-League for a team that actually wins games haha.

Like any professionally run club we should look at available alternatives, if there's a better option then we offer him a backup position, if there isn't we resign him and actively groom a younger player to step up into that position. Of course we are likely to do something completely different from that.

Very true Peter.

No ADP no sfc

No HK no heart

Its basicly pointless developing a Quality A League Number 10 for the sake of the future of the starting team as if such young player (Say Mauk for example) even begins to look like being able to play such a position at such a level they will be on a play in a matter of months.

That is why the A League's most creative players have usually been foreign or veterans or often both, its just the reality of the league's place in world soccer.Agree

As no10 one thing you need most is experience at highest level possible.

You can't teach how to read the play and orchestrate your attack in a fast pace game to a young player. It only comes with time.

In a perfect world hk would play 60 to 90 min in every game.

Surrounded by out younger players sponging all he knows about how world class attacking midfielder works his magic.

It's about sharing that knowledge and skills to those around him, lifting the whole team.

At the moment we are lacking that. Harry's injuries prevent him playing and JA is too reluctant to give our younger guys a run.

Edited by Jestr

Only a few days ago we were told that Williams took a penalty even though Mifsud is the designated penalty taker. So why Kewell today...?

Repeatedly.

Correct Jim, and Willo praised Mifsud for being a gent and telling willo you take it, ... for the good of the team eh !

HK is on the pitch and his ego goes before the club well said

Repeatedly.

You guys sound like pleb MV fans who are too used to AFL to understand the real dynamics of the game. Harry is the captain and our most experienced player (also the best). He has every right to take a penalty. He has out performed every other Heart player in the 2 and a half games his played for us all season. So stop the hate! Instead direct it to our donkey coach. 

Repeatedly.

HK is on the pitch and his ego goes before the clubwell said

You guys sound like pleb MV fans who are too used to AFL to understand the real dynamics of the game. Harry is the captain and our most experienced player (also the best). He has every right to take a penalty. He has out performed every other Heart player in the 2 and a half games his played for us all season. So stop the hate! Instead direct it to our donkey coach. what's AFL ???

• Like 2

Repeatedly.

HK is on the pitch and his ego goes before the clubwell said

You guys sound like pleb MV fans who are too used to AFL to understand the real dynamics of the game. Harry is the captain and our most experienced player (also the best). He has every right to take a penalty. He has out performed every other Heart player in the 2 and a half games his played for us all season. So stop the hate! Instead direct it to our donkey coach.

what's AFL ???

WHATS AFL!!!!

• Like 1

Repeatedly.

You guys sound like pleb MV fans who are too used to AFL to understand the real dynamics of the game. Harry is the captain and our most experienced player (also the best). He has every right to take a penalty. He has out performed every other Heart player in the 2 and a half games his played for us all season. So stop the hate! Instead direct it to our donkey coach. 

I also don't see why HK shouldn't have taken it. Players that are confident should take it. Simple! I was a good penalty taken but there was an instance where I simply didn't feel comfortable so I let someone else take it.

He missed with a shocker but life goes on. Our team changes 10 fold when he comes on.

• Like 2

Repeatedly.

You guys sound like pleb MV fans who are too used to AFL to understand the real dynamics of the game. Harry is the captain and our most experienced player (also the best). He has every right to take a penalty. He has out performed every other Heart player in the 2 and a half games his played for us all season. So stop the hate! Instead direct it to our donkey coach. what's AFL ???

WHATS AFL!!!!

The funny thing is that the best coach is past four years of the A League in Ange is actually a massive AFL fan... and you can see its reflective in his coaching. :up:

Really irritates me how he argues with the ref over every single issue during the game, not liking his attitude at all. The team and coach can support him all they want through the media saying how good of a leader he is, and how much better our team looks with him on the park, but really how beneficial for the future is it playing a 35 year old in our first XI with our squad clearly not good enough to challenge for the finals?

Signings like Kewell should be the icing on the cake to a squad, they shouldnt be the main component of it. All you are going to get out of players in there mid 30s is a year or 2, those signing should be made to squad ready to compete with the best NOW, not with the worst.

• Like 1

Repeatedly.

WHATS AFL!!!!

The funny thing is that the best coach is past four years of the A League in Ange is actually a massive AFL fan... and you can see its reflective in his coaching. :up:

You have misunderstood what I meant I am Actually a huge fan of afl I was just discussed that he didn't know what afl was

• 2 weeks later...