Melbourne Football

Harry Kewell

Murfy1

Will be jumping on the kewell's a pussy bandwagon too if he's not back in the next 2 weeks.

Whats pissed me off is the lack of info released, sure he has wiplash, but all that happened was that he was hit by a soccer ball to the head. That at least happens once a game, what is so different about kewell? More info please Heart hq

That's a different issue, but I agree that it is not good enough. MHFC has never been very forthcoming with this sort of thing, and I would say this season there is certainly no improvement and indeed a deterioration in the meaningfulness of communications between the club and supporters.

For the sort of things that I want to hear about anyway.

He's on minimum wage, and he's Harry Kewell, it's not like we're all expecting him to play every game (if you are then you're probably not familiar with his injury history).

As long as he doesn't turn around and walk away from the club then I'm not going to direct any vitriol towards the guy. When we first signed him my expectation is that we'd get around 60% of the season from him (due to the almost guaranteed injuries) and therefore I'm not too surprised.

I do think there maybe something more to this 'whiplash' injury though, and I don't mean in a conspiracy theorist kind of way, perhaps he has a severe neck/back issue which has been getting worse over the years and this most recent injury has exacerbated it? 

Edited by King Malta

Here's all the photos of today's training session (BTW, we trained at Trinity Grammar School's sports ground in Bulleen):

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/Gallery/362463,heart-training-session-pics.aspx/1

It looks like Kewell didn't actually wear the neck brace for very long.

I'm pretty optimistic that we can get at least 20 games out of Kewell. He was pretty good fitness-wise for the 3 months of pre-season. He just needs to turn the corner with this whiplash injury (having read a bit more on whiplash, his recovery time seems about right, as he had neurological signs with his injury). I'm pretty confident we'll see Kewell in the matchday squad next Friday against WSW, if he doesn't make the squad this weekend against Brisbane.

Here's all the photos of today's training session (BTW, we trained at Trinity Grammar School's sports ground in Bulleen):

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/Gallery/362463,heart-training-session-pics.aspx/1

It looks like Kewell didn't actually wear the neck brace for very long.

I'm pretty optimistic that we can get at least 20 games out of Kewell. He was pretty good fitness-wise for the 3 months of pre-season. He just needs to turn the corner with this whiplash injury (having read a bit more on whiplash, his recovery time seems about right, as he had neurological signs with his injury). I'm pretty confident we'll see Kewell in the matchday squad next Friday against WSW, if he doesn't make the squad this weekend against Brisbane.

Good signs in photos 21 and 22. JA looks like he's running a Gestapo prisoner of war camp. That'll scare the lads into a better performance this weekend. Wielaert looking like a menacing prick is encouraging in photo 15 but Aitch putting on a sports bra in photo 12 ain't gonna scare anyone.

Apparently won't be playing this week, FFS without one decent midfielder we are going to struggle big time this season 

Huge call. Migliorini and Murdocca have hardly put a foot wrong so far

Neither are attacking though, that's the problem  :(

Looks like a neck warmer rather than a neck brace on Kewell, which would make sense as I doubt the medical staff would give him a neck brace that he only needed to wear for the warm up laps.

Kalmar may be more important this season as a Kewell replacement than we realised.

i really want to see more of kalmar this season. JA needs to get him out there ASAP

If only Aloisi put Kalmar in Kewell's position last week instead of Williams! #FacePalm

I am hoping this year is Kalmar's breakout season so when Kewell leaves at the end of the year we have a ready replacement. We know how good he can be in glimpses but consistancy is killing him. 

• Like 2

If only Aloisi put Kalmar in Kewell's position last week instead of Williams! #FacePalm

I am hoping this year is Kalmar's breakout season so when Kewell leaves at the end of the year we have a ready replacement. We know how good he can be in glimpses but consistancy is killing him.

Kalmar is generally consistent when he gets consistent game time. He isn't a player who can perform outstandingly on 1 game a month.

I rate Kalmar highly he just needs to be given game time.

• Like 5

If only Aloisi put Kalmar in Kewell's position last week instead of Williams! #FacePalm

I am hoping this year is Kalmar's breakout season so when Kewell leaves at the end of the year we have a ready replacement. We know how good he can be in glimpses but consistancy is killing him. Kalmar is generally consistent when he gets consistent game time. He isn't a player who can perform outstandingly on 1 game a month.

I rate Kalmar highly he just needs to be given game time.

I've said this before, Kalmar is a confidence player. Never gonna get the best out of him unless JA throws him some trust.

Press conference tomorrow. Something to do with Harry.

Source?

Press conference tomorrow. Something to do with Harry.

Retirement

Surely not? That would be another disaster for MHFC.

I was joking. It's probably an announcement that he is fully fit and playing.

But wouldn't be suprised if he announced retirement for the end or the season or something to do with his youth accadamy thing