Melbourne Football

Massimo Murdocca

Deluka

• 2 weeks later...

I got a little insight into the general populations impressions of mass at the game last weekend. Explains why he gets voted man of the match at te ground...

2 blokes behind me were talking about Mooy missing because of his socceroos call up when one of them said "Murdocca is missing too he must have been called up as well, he's been really good" :droy:

I'm not a mass hater but come on, are these people serious

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

In a quality A League team today Murdocca could be a solid squad depth player - but not a starting 11 player or a regular bench player.

I'm not saying he played well today, but at least you know what you get from Murdocca each game - apart from most passes being sideways or backwards - he at least shows some passion and desperation to win. 

Edited by Parrot

In a quality A League team today Murdocca could be a solid squad depth player - but not a starting 11 player or a regular bench player.

I'm not saying he played well today, but at least you know what you get from Murdocca each game - apart from most passes being sideways or backwards - he at least shows some passion and desperation to win. 

I thought Mass was very good today. He chased the ball around and put pressure on players like no-one else in the team. Many of the keyboard experts here fail to see what work he does,

The TV coverage does not show the work he did off the ball as well. I'm sure the hate brigade will not see it this way.

The player who least deserved to stay on the park was a lazy Koren followed closely by a 60- minute Jesus.

In a quality A League team today Murdocca could be a solid squad depth player - but not a starting 11 player or a regular bench player.

I thought Mass was very good today. He chased the ball around and put pressure on players like no-one else in the team. Many of the keyboard experts here fail to see what work he does,

The TV coverage does not show the work he did off the ball as well. I'm sure the hate brigade will not see it this way.

The player who least deserved to stay on the park was a lazy Koren followed closely by a 60- minute Jesus.In the first half, I thought he was close to our best player actually. Only misplaced 1 or 2 passes which is expected but he moved the ball forward and started several attacks.

• 2 months later...

I feel that Massino is someone we need in our club. He works hard and actually appears to care.

He will likely be someone that we can rely on when needed, with experience and can provide some depth. As we won't be taking up too much cap space, it is a good to have him stay on.

Is it just me or others here think he is one big shit kicker?

Yep, but he's a good bloke. So I guess that means its okay to keep him on the list, to play maybe a few minutes every few weeks.

Any player that is on the list for this upcoming season must be a genuine starter or believe he will be. Keeping blokes around for any other reason and saying he good for depth is setting us up for mediocracy. At the end of the day Murdocca or Mauk that the question that needs to be answered. And which one is most likely to be a starter if injuries occur.

• Like 1

Yep, but he's a good bloke. So I guess that means its okay to keep him on the list, to play maybe a few minutes every few weeks.

Any player that is on the list for this upcoming season must be a genuine starter or believe he will be. Keeping blokes around for any other reason and saying he good for depth is setting us up for mediocracy. At the end of the day Murdocca or Mauk that the question that needs to be answered. And which one is most likely to be a starter if injuries occur.

Exactly right.

Fuck half the people on this forum are good blokes, lets sign them up too

We're in a salary capped league, every single club (yes, even the best ones) has their fair share of mediocre players.

Murdocca is a useful player who wouldn't be commanding a hefty wage and has experience which rubs off onto the younger blokes, don't see why we need to get rid of him or Mauk for that matter.

I have no problem with Mass as a squad player. Useful for defending leads and away from home when we aren't going to have the lions share of possession and need a player able to break up play. Can't shoot or make a forward pass to save his life but provided he is called on in the right situations he can do a job well.

Definitely the poor mans Melling/Germano in our squad but there are plenty worse 5th/6th choice midfielders in the league. Provided his salary reflects that id keep him onboard for another season or two.

who wouldn't be commanding a hefty wage

Lol. Would have been in the top 6-7 highest paid salary cap players in our team. He obviously would have had to take a pay cut no matter where he went, but honestly I doubt he has taken enough of a pay cut for him to be worth keeping. He isn't a first 11 player, but I'd be pretty confident his salary will still end up being in the top 9 salary cap players in the team. Probably had like a 130k salary and cut it to 120k, or something along those lines.

I'm not too fussed though, can do a job when needed and provides some experience, I just imagine he is on a bit too much for what he provides.

Edited by Tesla