Melbourne Football

Massimo Murdocca

Deluka

I know I'd rather have mass as a back up midfielder than Koren.

Pay would need to match the role and a 1 year deal.

I am sorry but Koren has not lived up to his rep but he has been better for us than Murdocca was in the last season... I can't believe Mass isn't already playing NPL now.

NOTE: I do get your point about Mass being paid peanuts compared to Koren's large pay check - But Murdocca is not up to A-League standard IMO and just gets in the way of the other Central Midfielders when ever he comes on the field.

I think the signing of Melling this season proved that giving young players with potential a chance, who are on less $$ than someone like MM is a good idea. Could we sign someone of MM's current ability, with the potential to improve for less than what we are offering him now? IMO, absolutely we could.

I suppose he has value due to his experience and good attitude, but not for more than about 70-80K.

Edited by tommac

I think the signing of Melling this season proved that giving young players with potential a chance, who are on less $$ than someone like MM is a good idea. Could we sign someone of MM's current ability, with the potential to improve for less than what we are offering him now? IMO, absolutely we could.

For every Melling there is an Archibald though.

TBH whilst Mass is a top bloke he realy isn't up to it anymore.

For every Melling there is four Archibalds though.

Fixed for accuracy

#yoof

Edited by bt50

Fixed for accuracy

#yoof

Very true, I'm just glad you didn't go one of your bullshit rants about how good Mass is.

Fixed for accuracy

#yoof

Very true, I'm just glad you didn't go one of your bullshit rants about how good Mass is.

homer-popcorn.png

Fixed for accuracy

#yoof

Not confusing me with Jimmy are you??

• Like 1

Not confusing me with Jimmy are you??

Both of you have done it to me before, you just rant. Jimmy defends him like he's Jesus Christ himself.

Nah, I just reckons he's a good bloke. Can't pass his way out of a cardboard box tho

• Like 1

For every Melling there are 10 Archibalds.

TBH whilst Mass is a top bloke he realy isn't up to it anymore. For every Melling there are 10 Archibalds.

For every Melling there are 15.625 Archibalds.

• Like 1

Has he actually been released though or is he just staying match fit?

An interesting question.

I could see no obvious need for him to stay match fit, but then again he hasn't been playing much, so probably doesn't need much of a break and being a little bit older, probably doesn't want to break from the game for too long (as it just makes the road back harder).

Having said that I can't recall an instance of us loaning a player out to the NPL before?.  I therefore presume released.  Melbourne City of course, as always, are silent, which is to their shame.

His record- 44 games, 3117 min.

Edited by Shahanga

The Corner Flag, a football site that seemingly has a good record with Melbourne/Victorian football, says Murdocca has been released:

Avondale sign former A-League players Murdocca and Stella

By Jordan Lim

May 25, 2015

Avondale have made what is arguably the biggest splash in the NPL Victoria transfer window so far, confirming the high-profile signings of former A-League players Massimo Murdocca and Francesco Stella.

The pair are both local Melbourne boys with both Murdocca (59 appearances, one goal) and Stella (19 appearances, two goals) featuring for South Melbourne in their junior days.

Murdocca’s long career since has seen him turn out in the A-League for the last decade, as the pint-sized midfielder made nearly 200 appearances in Australia’s premier competition.

The 30-year-old has plenty still to give to the game, despite injuries and form confining him to a mere four appearances for Melbourne City last term.

Stella both departed and returned back to Australia with a strong reputation as a clever playmaker and while his career at Melbourne Victory didn’t quite pan out as planned – a miserly seven appearances made before departing the club – the 23-year-old will be keen to show he can still make an impact Down Under.

The experienced Murdocca won’t be available for this week’s matchup against against Hume City as he is not permitted to play 30 after his release from City – on May 3 – while Stella could be eligible for this weekend, pending clearance from Thai club Sisaket FC in a welcome boost to the Avondale lineup.

http://www.cornerflag.com.au/avondale-sign-league-aces-murdocca-stella/

IIRC Hoffman was loaned out to Richmond SC before Melbourne Heart's 2nd season.

But I've got a feeling that Murdocca has genuinely been released, and has decided to keep playing his football in Melbourne with a club that would take him, namely an NPL side (he did in no small part join Melbourne Heart 2 seasons ago to relocate to Melbourne for family reasons).

Edited by Murfy1

All the best to him. Avondale must be pretty pleased. I see he's their Aus Marquee, I assume that means good things for his salary?

The article says he was released May 3, but why would the club release him before the end of the season? Odd.

Edited by Kinnibari

All the best to him. Avondale must be pretty pleased. I see he's their Aus Marquee, I assume that means good things for his salary?

The article says he was released May 3, but why would the club release him before the end of the season? Odd.

The Aus marquee thing has nothing to do with salary AFAIK, it's in regard to the points system.

He was probably released then so he could find an NPL team during the NPL transfer window.

• Like 1

Has he actually been released though or is he just staying match fit?

An interesting question.

I could see no obvious need for him to stay match fit, but then again he hasn't been playing much, so probably doesn't need much of a break and being a little bit older, probably doesn't want to break from the game for too long (as it just makes the road back harder).

Having said that I can't recall an instance of us loaning a player out to the NPL before?.  I therefore presume released.  Melbourne City of course, as always, are silent, which is to their shame.

His record- 44 games, 3117 min.

If that were the case,  wouldnt he be just playing for us in the NPL.

• Like 1

If he has been released, as seems likely, it's piss poor that the club hasn't got the decency to announce it and wish him well.

The guy seems to have been a model pro and deserves that at the least.

I think City have probably told him to show what he can do at NPL before the officially consider offering him a new contract which is probably unlikely which if this is the case I will be very happy about his departure.

I can't see why else a Veteran would play NPL.

He can win best clubman elsewhere as far as I am concerned because his "Good Bloke Ability" unfortunately did not override his ability to stall every attack we made forward this Season when ever he came on the pitch.

Edited by cadete

City joined the NPL to give young players more football than they could get just playing NYL. Not to give older players such as Murdocca a run during the long A-League off-season.

A professional cannot be registered with more than one club concurrently. Therefore to play for Avondale, whether on loan or not, Murdocca has to be released by City before he can be registered with Avondale.

Edited by jw1739

City joined the NPL to give young players more football than they could get just playing NYL. Not to give older players such as Murdocca a run during the long A-League off-season.

A professional cannot be registered with more than one club concurrently. Therefore to play for Avondale, whether on loan or not, Murdocca has to be released by City before he can be registered with Avondale.

Then how did Hoffman and Kamal play VPL in between Season One and Season Two?

Perhaps they were released - Anyway like I said I hope Mass has been released for good anyway as his does my head in whenever he plays...

Too Old, Too Slow but not in that good Greg Williams way.

Edited by cadete

Perhaps they were released - Anyway like I said I hope Mass has been released for good anyway as his does my head in whenever he plays...

You can't catch me out that easily. If you look at transfermarkt.co.uk you will see that Hoffman was officially transferred to Richmond and then back again, and Ibrahim similarly with South.

You can't catch me out that easily. If you look at transfermarkt.co.uk you will see that Hoffman was officially transferred to Richmond and then back again, and Ibrahim similarly with South.

Believe me I was not trying to catch you out mate... I just want confirmation that I never have to see Mass's five metre backwards passes anymore.

FWIW we should have left Ibrahim at Hellas.

• Like 1

Why couldn't he just be on loan? Like what happens with hundreds of players all over the planet every year.

Stop trying to hold onto hope that he'll be back, he's gone jimmy and good fucking riddance too He might be gone, we won't know until the club gives us some news so it could be a while yet.

I accept that he's not deserving of the wage he's likely to be getting and that it may be time to move him on.

Just would be a shame to see someone who I've joked over the fence with many times, given a scarf to and actually cared about the fans go. But if it helps this club actually win something then so be it.

Edited by Jimmy

I'm not trying to catch you out, but from my understating you are wrong. A player being on loan is no longer registered for his parent team and is registered for the team he is on loan at, for the duration of the loan period. Otherwise every player on loan would be registered for two teams, which, as you say, is not legal.

I don't think he is actually on loan in this case though.

• Like 1

Why couldn't he just be on loan? Like what happens with hundreds of players all over the planet every year.

Stop trying to hold onto hope that he'll be back, he's gone jimmy and good fucking riddance too He might be gone, we won't know until the club gives us some news so it could be a while yet.

I accept that he's not deserving of the wage he's likely to be getting and that it may be time to move him on.

Just would be a shame to see someone who I've joked over the fence with many times, given a scarf to and actually cared about the fans go. But if it helps this club actually win something then so be it.

I think you're finally starting to see the light young Jimmy. :up:

He's a good bloke, just not a good footballer

• Like 1