Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj back to MHFC

MHFC19

36? Shit number.

3+6=9, etc. The traditional 18 is taken, as is 27...

Also, you guys may have noticed that is an Away kit, meaning it looks likely that hi will be in the squad on Saturday. :clap:

So, whose coming to the airport to welcome Eli? :up:

Looks like he is heading straight to Sydney. So he will probably touch down in Melbourne with the squad on Sunday.

Edit: And for anyone wondering, he has signed an 18 month deal...

Interview with Munn: http://www.sen.com.au/audioplayer/Audio/Scott-Munn---Heart-CEO/6935

Edited by LR9

36? Shit number.

3+6=9, etc. The traditional 18 is taken, as is 27...

Also, you guys may have noticed that is an Away kit, meaning it looks likely that hi will be in the squad on Saturday. :clap:

So, whose coming to the airport to welcome Eli? :up:

Looks like he is heading straight to Sydney. So he will probably touch down in Melbourne with the squad on Sunday.

Edit: And for anyone wondering, he has signed an 18 month deal...

Interview with Munn: http://www.sen.com.a...-Heart-CEO/6935

Awesome High Number just reeks of the confidence that is Big Bad Baby Eli..

I don't think Babalj and Tadic can co-exist that's the only downer.

Babalj can be golden boot next year if he stays with us.

I also fail to see the Balkan Boys working in tandem.

On your second point, I think Eli's return is all about a second lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for us and another European move for him.

Good move Mr. Munn and co.

I don't think Babalj and Tadic can co-exist that's the only downer.

Babalj can be golden boot next year if he stays with us.

I also fail to see the Balkan Boys working in tandem.

I see no reason why they shouldn't. Why are people so negative? Munn today alluded to Aloisi and Sibon playing alongside one another in Season 1, and that didn't work too badly once the team settled down.

Babalj hasn't played for a while and he's come from a Serbian winter back to a hot summer. Macallister is injured, and my guess is that Eli will be initially be used on the bench and come on as a sub for Tadic.

As for the future, who knows? I'm not sure that Tadic is contracted for more than this season - see the thread about him.

I fail to see the definite reasoning on why they can't play together.

To be honest, both possess the ability to link up well.

Within 4-3-3 I think it will be a struggle to accomodate them both at the same time, just as D-Mac and Tadic struggled to play together in our system.

4-4-2, 3-5-2 etc. No problem.

I'm hoping they can co-exist on the pitch and I'm really hoping Aloisi gives it a go! I know Maicon didn't light the pitch on fire (on his own), but JvS would almost never play him at the same time as Terra. The few games that JvS subbed Maicon on, but not at Terra's expense, they worked really well together and it was exciting to watch. Just like I don't think it's a coincidence that when our Argentinian came back from injury, Fred started to fire up ;-)

Try it out JA - especially if we're down at the 60mins+, not much more to lose when you're already losing! Opportunity to try something new! :D

Can see myself getting flamed for this but here goes:

If you look at it from the point of view of someone who isn't a Heart fan, He'd walk straight into their first 11 as they don't have striker near Eli's quality but here he has to compete with Tadic which will limit his minutes. He'd also be likely to get a bigger wage at the Wanderers and if they had a striker of Eli's quality they'd go close to winning the league. Where as him at heart doesn't improve our team as much. You could also argue that that would lead to more eyes on him. Getting more minutes in a more successful team playing along side Shinji Ono=More attention for a potential transfer.

I'm definitely happy he's here though and would obviously rather him here than there.

Edited by Jimmy