Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj back to MHFC

MHFC19

What are they waiting for?

Secret pre-Derby Weapons, they will just expect to see Grella as an in, but then we sneak bablj into the starting line up and they literally shit themselves pre-game.

Eli will be in yarraside wearing a cloke, when his name is called out by the announcer he'll jump over the barrier, dispatch the cloke, than score a hattrick. Perfect comeback game :)

If it's an invisibility cloak it might be better of he keeps it on! Maybe we could make it a game of quidditch :lol:

I would imagine Red Star have done their money.

Why would a transfer deal be set up so that if a young player fails (not an older player through injury) the club that purchased him gets rewarded.

The only thing that Heart got out of it was the coin. We suffered team wise by losing Eli late, we had to recruit to fill his position, rather than recruiting to strengthen the squad...if he comes back, yes its a win and clever negotiating by the club, but it has still cost us.

I would imagine the hold up now is either due to on selling our negotiating a appropriately suitable long term contract

Considering how quick the club were to jump on and deny the Behich story, I think it's safe to say that Eli Babalj is an MHFC player once again.

More likely that is what they want, but they haven't quite got there yet. If he was back in red & white they'd be screaming it from the roof tops.

The whole thing with Red Star seems a bit "messy" and those kind of situations don't tend to resolve themselves in 5 minutes. In addition we don't know what Eli is thinking right now- whether he is hoping for another move or what. Having said all that, with our various striker and forward injuries I haven't given up hope of seeing him on the bench this weekend!

Seriously? Wiki?

On another note, I would like to point out that Davutovic was the one saying Kewell was about to sign with Heart, and that they were days from revealing it... Although I think in this case he might be on the money, just putting that out there.

Edited by Bozza

It is done and was done as soon as Red Star opted not to keep him. it automatically made him a Heart player again and JD said from the start that they could fit him in the salary cap.

If this was most other clubs, especially Victory, it would be all over the news and would have been reported every day.

Would be interested to see what shape Eli is in. He was spending more time in night clubs than on the pitch in Serbia and hopefully this 6 or so months hasn't impacted him too much. Sometimes young players have a bad experience overseas and come back half the player. Am confident this isn't the case with Babalj.

Edited by kontra.11

“It’s great to have Eli back; his contribution last season was outstanding and his hunger to do well and succeed is second to none,” Aloisi said.

“He might be available for this Saturday’s match against the Wanderers, but if not, he will still give us a huge boost for the rest of the season.”