Melbourne Football

Eli Babalj back to MHFC

MHFC19

^^ Both Tadic and Eli are poor in the air, Eli is worse.

But with the ball at their feet they both very very good.

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that, but since I'm usually talking them both up I didnt think I needed to add how much I rate them with the ball at their feet.

Tadic is good in the air rofl, contests every ball that goes his way and has a good success rate...

he has won 19 aerial contests out of 49..

lol you're reading way too far into the stat, by contest and good success rate I mean exactly that, contesting the opposition for a) a risky header or b ) a turnover.

The only players who are going to win more than 50% of contested aerial balls are guys over 6 foot 5.

Have to agree with this !!

Is this official yet? When do we expect that he'll be playing or training with the club?

i think its more expecting to come back rather than has come back

Expected ti return because there was a clause in the Red Star deal that if it were to fail to pay the transferre fee Babalj will return to Heart.

Red Star is financially fucked, Eli is down the pecking order due to the new Red star coach, deadline for the final payment has passed, apparently Eli has been in contact with Heart for weeks leading up to this and the board (Heart) has just approved a new long term deal for Eli.

So its pretty certain.

Both Tadic and Babalj are average when it comes to aerial ability, in fact Babalj is even worse than Tadic in that department, so don't really see that as an argument for Tadic to play behind Babalj.

Tadic's goal against adelaide was a textbook header...i think he's decent in the air. Mind you our corners and set pieces are disgraceful 99% of the time so we haven't really given players like tadic and babalj the best of service in the air to prove themselves.

That's because David Williams can't kick/cross the ball over the first defender. Whether it's a corner or a set shot his balls almost always fall short and the first defender clears it with ease! Half the time, Tadic doesn't even a get a chance to header the ball!

If he does return, just have tadic slot in behind Eli, who could play as a target man, with tadic taking Fred's position in a more attacking inside forward kind of role, wingers being slightly less attacking, rather than changing our whole formation

Tadic needs to play striker or it's pointless having him on the field

source: first few games

If he does return, just have tadic slot in behind Eli, who could play as a target man, with tadic taking Fred's position in a more attacking inside forward kind of role, wingers being slightly less attacking, rather than changing our whole formation

Yeah, I agree. Whilst Tadic is great on the ball and has shown very good vision and passing ability he was really average in the first few games of the season where he was either playing out on the wing or in the attacking midfield role. I personally would prefer to see something like a 4-4-2 with Tadic and Babalj but I spose it's worth giving him a shot in Fred's position if Babalj returns and is fit enough to start.

Yeah, I agree. Whilst Tadic is great on the ball and has shown very good vision and passing ability he was really average in the first few games of the season where he was either playing out on the wing or in the attacking midfield role. I personally would prefer to see something like a 4-4-2 with Tadic and Babalj but I spose it's worth giving him a shot in Fred's position if Babalj returns and is fit enough to start.

The problem with 4-4-2 is that we'd have to change our whole philosophy of using our full backs as attacking players. That formation makes it difficult as it blocks the wide channels.

The problem with 4-4-2 is that we'd have to change our whole philosophy of using our full backs as attacking players. That formation makes it difficult as it blocks the wide channels.

This is the same philosophy that has won us how many games?

And how many finals?

• Like 2

And how many finals?

no it's our philosophy, our problem is with the details of the implementation

And how many finals?

no it's our philosophy, our problem is with the details of the implementation

Are we talking about Communism or a Football Club here? j/k

Anyway personally IMO I feel like we dont have the cattle to implent such a philsophy due to the fact that most of our players have different technical flaws in their games.

I'm Red Star fan from Serbia. Eli Babalj is an bad player for club as Red Star is. He can't win fight for first eleven,played very bad games when he came in as a substitute. All in all not good enough player and signing for Red Star. We are happy because of his departure.

didnt struggle scoring for the socceroos bro

He went to Serbia, drank your alcohol, fucked your women, bashed your players and won international caps. And you payed us €300,000 for the privilege...

OK.

No,he drunk his alcohol,fucked his women ( he is SERB,remember that),bashed footballer from Ghana. You only fucked up us for the money :) :) :)

• Like 2

He went to Serbia, drank your alcohol, fucked your women, bashed your players and won international caps. And you payed us €300,000 for the privilege...

OK.

No,he drunk his alcohol,fucked his women ( he is SERB,remember that),bashed footballer from Ghana. You only fucked up us for the money :) :) :)

Bosnia is Serbia.