Melbourne Football
Sign in to follow this  
jeffplz

Daniel Arzani

jw1739    7,383
1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Agreed, but the ref is of the even up school. He internalised that he stuffed up the penalty decision (not so sure he did tbh, but he certainly let the on field protests and crowd reaction get to him), then gave licence to those tackles as a way of letting Glory even it up. Bloody stupid, as careers get ended like that. There are several teams in this league who will try to intimidate their way back into a game, and Perth, along with Victory and Roar, are amongst the worst offenders.  And yes, the irony of some players on the Glory side whinging about simulation...

The match is played in real time, and should be reviewed in real time. You can look at the video of the incident as many times you like in real time, and it's every inch a penalty. It's only when you play the video in slow motion from one particular angle that it looks as though Arzani went down too easily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Murfy1    3,221

City’s bid to extend hot-shot McCormack’s loan on a knife edge

By Dave Lewis

16 JAN 2018 - 6:57 PM  UPDATED 1 HOUR AGO

[...]

City, meanwhile, are confident they can keep boom youngster Daniel Arzani at the club, despite talk of a switch elsewhere in the A-League for the budding 19-year-old magician.

Arzani has been linked with Sydney FC and Western Sydney Wanderers, but City officials believe he will dig in and continue to develop under Joyce, with his career path far more likely to result in an eventual EPL move under the umbrella of the City Football Group.

That trend was cemented by Aaron Mooy with his move to Manchester City, and eventual A$17 million sale to Huddersfield.

And City are convinced Arzani, whose dancing feet have left a trail of bewildered defenders in recent weeks, sees the merit of inking a contract extension beyond June.

Arzani is represented by one of football’s leading agencies, Base Soccer, which has on its books the likes of Ashley Young (Manchester United) Mohammed Elneny (Arsenal), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), and Danny Rose (Tottenham).

It also brokered the recent deal which saw former Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou take charge at J.League club Yokohama F. Marinos.

London-based Australian Frank Trimboli and former Socceroo turned player agent Vince Grella are part of the Base Soccer team.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2018/01/16/citys-bid-extend-hot-shot-mccormacks-loan-knife-edge

• Thanks 1

haz    2,401
58 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Our new Novillo imo. Lets hope he doesnt bash his partner

Arzani is so small I think his partner would bash him :tooth:

Im just happy theres finally another HAL player that likes to run at defenders. I dont know why more dont do it, what are they scared of?

Edited by haz

Torn Asunder    1,379
17 hours ago, haz said:

I dont know why more dont do it, what are they scared of?

They don't because most can't and they are scared of embarrassing themselves and losing the ball ... 

Aziz was a player that could consistently do it ... and then there was Kuzi who thought he could, but really just did his random step overs  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

haz    2,401
6 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

They don't because most can't and they are scared of embarrassing themselves and losing the ball ... 

Aziz was a player that could consistently do it ... and then there was Kuzi who thought he could, but really just did his random step overs  

At least Kuzi tried, if you never do something youll never get better at it.

But I would see Waz at the sort of guy who would have dropped Kuzi after one game for doing it :tooth:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jw1739    7,383
6 minutes ago, haz said:

Well said mate.

• Like 1

n i k o    5,138
2 minutes ago, haz said:

But I would see Waz at the sort of guy who would have dropped Kuzi after one game for doing it :tooth:

"What da fook is that fancy tap dancin step over shite, you can sit on the pine Kuzi" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

haz    2,401
19 minutes ago, n i k o said:

"What da fook is that fancy tap dancin step over shite, you can sit on the pine Kuzi" 

This would be realisitc.

malloy    3,271
1 hour ago, haz said:

I would have dropped him too. 

• Like 1