Melbourne Football

Round 27: Melbourne vs Adelaide

Victards

I'm to depressed to comment on this game but here we go. We still can finish first if Roar, Wanderers and United all lose next round. It is an unlikely scenario but I am praying that Victards and Nix can do us huge favours. Wanderers don't necessarily have to lose as a draw can still ensure us finishing top in which we do not deserve at all.

21 minutes ago, Cityslicker09 said:

If we finish 2nd how does that shape us up for finals? We would play first away? (win) would mean home grand final? Getting way ahead of myself I know

We get a home final and first week off.

3rd plays 6th

4th plays 5th

second week the lowest ranked team plays first away and highest rank team plays second away.

no one has won the final outside the top two 

Great opportunity for the team to stand up and show some maturity. 

Come out and really give it to Adelaide and put some pressure on the other teams to get their results. Then continue on and throw everything at the championship and not throw our toys out of the cot.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rass said:

Great opportunity for the team to stand up and show some maturity. 

Come out and really give it to Adelaide and put some pressure on the other teams to get their results. Then continue on and throw everything at the championship and not throw our toys out of the cot.

Yes. Win and we must come at least 3rd, and as Adelaide have showed that could get us into the ACL. Still leaving the play-offs if we're good enough.

11 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Don't want to be the one to say this, but this may well be the last time we see Mooy playing for us in Melbourne...

You're forgetting the final v the Tards at Etihad which we'll lose comfortably.

so if things don't go our way, we could be on a plane back to Perth , sheesh, that inspires confidence

or we could be playing Victory "at home" at Etihad ,

my head hurts, last night was a shit of a way to start a shit of a week

Edited by japiedog

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

so if things don't go our way, we could be on a plane back to Perth , sheesh, that inspires confidence

And Brisbane might be Premiers.  Don't forget that :D

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

Berisha is out for 2 games

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this. If Melbourne City get a home final (not against victory), it will apparently be at AAMI:

Monday, 4 April 2016

[...]

City have expressed a preference to keep any home finals at AAMI Park which is unsurprising given they're unbeaten in 10 matches there, winning eight.

FFA too is understood to be concerned at the 'optics' of playing at a mainly-empty Etihad Stadium against an interstate side.

It means they'll schedule a City home final at the smaller ground against anyone but Victory, and hope rugby's Rebels tread and scrum lightly.

http://www.skynewssport.com.au/football-news-display/stadium-concerns-loom-for-melbourne-city/5385

Edited by Murfy1

16 hours ago, Nate said:

wait, so will Berisha definitely miss first week of the finals? 

Would love to play Victory in that scenario, bullshit it's not at AAMI though.

Yep will definitely miss the first week of the finals.

Not good for our chances of them beating Brisbane this week - but great if we play them in the 1st final.

34 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Yep will definitely miss the first week of the finals.

Not good for our chances of them beating Brisbane this week - but great if we play them in the 1st final.

Yeah I suddenly realised last night that while it's shit to play at Etihad we can totally beat them there even if they have Berisha.

And playing Perth at AAMI park would be a chance to get some sweet revenge.

So some fun ahead for the team hopefully.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Yeah I suddenly realised last night that while it's shit to play at Etihad we can totally beat them there even if they have Berisha.

And playing Perth at AAMI park would be a chance to get some sweet revenge.

So some fun ahead for the team hopefully.

It's not mathematically possible for us to get Perth at home in the Semi Finals.

EDIT : That's wrong, if we draw/lose and Perth draw/lose we can finish 4th.

Hard to see Perth not beating Sydney tho

Edited by bt50

Who can tell with this team? As I often say we are just as likely to win 3-0 as we are to lose 0-3. Just as likely to look a disorganised clueless, uninterested pub team as we are to look a million dollars. It all depends on which City turn up as usual. The only thing that seems to be consistent about every iteration of Heart/City is being overwhelmed by opportunities.

• Like 2

Probably last edition for the City Insider, a great freebee it has been to the match day experience as I enjoy doing the Q and A section of it. Hope to see this wonderful edition return to City home games next season. Only problem with City Insider is the fact that it is a fold out and not a booklet.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Thiem said:

Probably last edition for the City Insider, a great freebee it has been to the match day experience as I enjoy doing the Q and A section of it. Hope to see this wonderful edition return to City home games next season. Only problem with City Insider is the fact that it is a fold out and not a booklet.

Last few matches they've been all gone before we get to the ground. Shows how popular they are. Great initiative by City - reminds me of the days of the "match programme" back in the old dart. Some became collectables in their own right.