Melbourne Football

Memberships/Season Tickets

jw1739

Finally received our membership packs yesterday afternoon and not trying to be a whinger but seriously getting it a few weeks into the season and just before our first game is unacceptable. I know it was probably beyond the clubs control and shit happens and I got it in time but still to send them so late is just poor. I seriously hope they will change this permanently so it can't happen again.

If city voice was any good I'd post there. I will send an email to club.

Also the personalized cards are pretty dark.

Edited by Jovan
Actually after that post I'm pretty much a fucking whinger.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Finally received our membership packs yesterday afternoon and not trying to be a whinger but seriously getting it a few weeks into the season and just before our first game is unacceptable. I know it was probably beyond the clubs control and shit happens and I got it in time but still to send them so late is just poor. I seriously hope they will change this permanently so it can't happen again.

Agree with what you've said. However the way they've marketed the shit out of the club on all fronts so well almost makes me not worry too much about this issue. 

17 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I wouldn't say those comments make you a whinger, because IMO they are both very valid. There's no point in having "City Voice" and all these surveys if there's bugger all response, and yes, the images on the membership cards this season are not up to the standard of of last season. Both great initiatives, but falling short of the mark. Many of us pay top dollar for memberships and can therefore expect better.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Are you talking about the stock images on the cards ...?

The ones I got were fine - 3 custom pics & 1 stock (the image of Bruno in the graffiti covered laneway)

maybe there was a bad batch?

Had one of each. Very dark.

15 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Maybe there was a bad batch ... perhaps worth raising with the club

This is probably the case.

The stock images should be fine as they would be set up correctly RGB 300dpi, unlike the custom cards which are probably forced from RGB to CMYK by the printer at a lower dpi.

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Anyone noticed that the card seems thinner than in previous years? They did say that they had an issue with the supplier. I suspect they are using a new supplier and things are not up to scratch. Interesting to see what they are going to do about it if more people complain. I know the club is trying their best but they need to put some pressure on the supplier. We are only going to get bigger, membership-wise and if they can't cope with the current numbers, how are they going to cope when our membership grew larger? I opt for a cap and was told to collect it at AAMI Park.. Had I known that is going to be the arrangement, I would have opt for the scarf instead..

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Maybe they'll give you a $15 free bet with our friends at Ubet to make up for it?

Maybe they could have given me the membership for free for my work promoting Melbourne City :up: 

And by promoting, I mean facilitating the bagging out of 90% of decisions they make.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, ecguymer said:

Actually, I was checking prices for a friend about a week ago, and they'd already opened up 5-game memberships

I think the 5 game memberships you are talking about are the Country ones aren't they? I can't see any of the promo ones available just yet?

15 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Anyone have an accurate tally for Sydney FC? Have we caught them?

Although I'm guessing they've received a fair boost in numbers after the first two weeks also.

11,008 according to their website this morning. Catching them slowly...

• jw1739 pinned this topic