Melbourne Football

December 19 Christmas Derby

Cityscape

6 minutes ago, AlbionLoveDen said:

So how the fuck do tickets work? Mate and I are Prem C members, want to buy tickets for 2 mates to come with us to sit in the same area. Can't for the life of me work out how to do it. Just tried to enter the member barcodes in the text box on the Ticketek site and it says they're not valid. Any help?

One of the downsides of having a reserved seat membership A,B, or C is that you cannot generally get seats next to you for friends etc. because they are allocated to other members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecguymer said:

"MELBOURNE CITY MEMBER ADDITIONAL TICKETS PRESALE
Thu 19 Nov, 9am > Tue 24 Nov, 9am"

So non-GA members can, in theory, get tickets from friends from Thursday........and could hypothetically buy all the tickets so none of the tards can come......

Won't happen,   Unfortunately.

IS THIS REALLY OUR HOME GAME LOL????

2iaubli.png

3 hours ago, japiedog said:

I sill reckon a silent active sends a huge message to the club

when Yarraside did it for JA, I remember kids asking their parents why there was no singing

I explained what the silence was for and the parents thought it was a great idea

( probably not best for the Derby though)

ye we should do it next home game i reckon. like we did vs adelaide with the "we will not stand for mediocrity" thingy majiggy.

maybe we could do something like "thank you JVS" and silence 1 half.

• Like 1

We won't fill all those areas but well done to those in charge at City. Allowing the nt only one bay and priority seating to our members on the east and west sides of the stadium. Slowly moving in the right direction, we just need the results to turn our way and we will have half the stadium at least fill with our supporters at games like this. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, n i k o said:

We won't fill all those areas but well done to those in charge at City. Allowing the nt only one bay and priority seating to our members on the east and west sides of the stadium. Slowly moving in the right direction, we just need the results to turn our way and we will have half the stadium at least fill with our supporters at games like this. 

Agree but the next step is restricting visitors fans to one end and leaving the rest of the (unsold) seats to City members. Of course there are very few and half of those will be too humiliated to turn up anyway but it sends a message of intent and a challenge to our own football department

In answer to my own question - turns out if you're a Prem C member, you can't give up your seats or 'upgrade' your seats through the Ticketek system in order to sit with guests you bring along. Which kinda sucks - because the membership site quite clearly states that you can. Spoke with the membership team just now and they confirmed you can't do it in advance, but obviously you can go to the ticket box on the day for the non-derby games and change seats if you want.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29 November 2015 10:45:25 am, Dylan said:

Hopefully we get a good turnout to the womens derby next week. We will have our full squad

Looking forward to crushing them and maintaining our currant positions on the ladder, where we are first and undefeated and they are dead last. Should be a good game.

I'm afraid that stadium deals and everything connected with stadiums is just another issue that FFA has to come to grips with.  When you don't either own your own stadium or have a long-term exclusive lease on same then there's not a lot you can do.
IMO all ten clubs except MV at AAMI and sometimes Adelaide at Hindmarsh are playing in stadiums that are way too large for them, and consequently are paying for something that they don't use to the full.
I envy the MLS clubs in this respect - many build their own. Longer term I hope we can do the same, or get a long-term lease somewhere. But we've been over all this many times before, although this time around we have CFG backing us.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I'm afraid that stadium deals and everything connected with stadiums is just another issue that FFA has to come to grips with.  When you don't either own your own stadium or have a long-term exclusive lease on same then there's not a lot you can do.
IMO all ten clubs except MV at AAMI and sometimes Adelaide at Hindmarsh are playing in stadiums that are way too large for them, and consequently are paying for something that they don't use to the full.
I envy the MLS clubs in this respect - many build their own. Longer term I hope we can do the same, or get a long-term lease somewhere. But we've been over all this many times before, although this time around we have CFG backing us.

Easy to say for a country of > 300 million where concert halls can offer better or compatible deals. Stadiums here  (albeit the bullshit beer prices) have to consider the time of year to best do business.

After all AAMI Park is open for "football" (aka round and oval) around 44-48 days a year (15% per year)

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 1