Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar

n i k o

but the league is going so well that the FFA can lift the salary floor & the PFA can threaten strike action if they don't get a 40% increase in the salary cap (which if it happened would surely mostly go to foreign players)

but the league is going so well that the FFA can lift the salary floor & the PFA can threaten strike action if they don't get a 40% increase in the salary cap (which if it happened would surely mostly go to foreign players)

As I have mentioned before there is clearly now despite the Cap a gap between those who can spend and survive and those who are struggling to keep things moving along at a decent pace... we are one of three (four if you include The Nix) clubs who have had a uninterrupted preseason which means no more excuses for JVS.

Aloisi has just pulled out of a pre-season friendly against the Young Socceroos as a number of players are either injured or match fitness.

Squad of 19 and unable to field a team three weeks out from the season, losing an opportunity to gain match fitness for players. Imagine if they were still in the FFA Cup?

Wish we had them round 1, should be an easy win for the Wanderers.

Aloisi has just pulled out of a pre-season friendly against the Young Socceroos as a number of players are either injured or match fitness.

Squad of 19 and unable to field a team three weeks out from the season, losing an opportunity to gain match fitness for players. Imagine if they were still in the FFA Cup?

Wish we had them round 1, should be an easy win for the Wanderers.

I wonder if that's the real reason? A lot of turmoil around them right now.

surely you just fill up the squad with youth players? We have 9 out and can still field a side.

Sounds like JA got the gig because he was cheap and other PPL probably thought the job was too unstable a position and therefore did not apply.

If I was a professional coach I would prefer to be an Assistant at a stable club rather than in the Brisbane gig.

looks like ja didnt realize what he was getting himself into. Unlucky

• Like 1

Interesting enough I read on FB a lot of WSW fans singing the praises of AM as the true reasons for any of their club's success...

Guy has to be the most unlucky bloke in Australia in terms of getting a Manager's job.

I think a few clubs have been trying to get ante tho haven't they?

From what I gather he's keener or the national team gig at the moment.

What's this I hear about Luke Brattan getting signed by Man City and then loaned out straight away? What's the benefit for Man City? He would never play for them, would continually be loaned out - Man City wouldn't make much money off him for loan signing fees every time he gets shipped out... we have Mooy already so he wouldn't fit here, New York have Pirlo... maybe Yokohama? 

What's this I hear about Luke Brattan getting signed by Man City and then loaned out straight away? What's the benefit for Man City? He would never play for them, would continually be loaned out - Man City wouldn't make much money off him for loan signing fees every time he gets shipped out... we have Mooy already so he wouldn't fit here, New York have Pirlo... maybe Yokohama? 

He will go to New York whilst Pirlo is here.

Yeah I dunno but Juventus did a similar thing with Troisi. Difference here is the Australian link Man City has so maybe it has something to do with that.

• 2 weeks later...

JA can coach! All the way with our JA. Congratulations
Saw signs of what he was talking about at the forum. 
Playing through lines requires composure on the ball, good execution, and movement by the receiver. Impressive at times

Quote from the Brisbane Roar forum. Going to be interesting if the sentiment remains the same by the end of the season

Playing through lines requires composure on the ball, good execution, and movement by the receiver. Impressive at times

Quote from the Brisbane Roar forum. Going to be interesting if the sentiment remains the same by the end of the season

LOL - I would look like fucken Brian Clough if every side I coached against contained Redders in goal.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 2

LOL - I would look like fucken Brian Clough if every side I coached against contained Redders in goal.

Exactly this, they wouldnt have scored any of their goals if WSW had a different keeper.

After that game JA really has no right to ever claim being 'unlucky'.

so Roar played the way Roar have generally played over the last five years and all of a sudden he is a good coach..... 

It will be funny when they get a dose of reality.

so Roar played the way Roar have generally played over the last five years and all of a sudden he is a good coach..... 

It will be funny when they get a dose of reality.

Hold Up: Let's not forget that when I correctly identified Redders as shite right at the beginning of Heart's last season you stuck by him and defended him almost right until the season's end. 

We literally had this conversation every match. 

Edited by cadete

Hold Up: Let's not forget that when I correctly identified Redders as shite right at the beginning of Heart's last season you stuck by him and defended him almost right until the season's end. 

We literally had this conversation every match. 

I never denied he was playing shit, I always argued that he was a good player who had been broken by JA. All the good attributes he had when he came to us (and were seen when he displaced Bolton) quickly dissappeared under JA and that shitty GK coach we had at the time. 

Redders went from a keeper who would make saves and hold the ball and play out from the back to a keeper who made shitty attempts to punch the ball away and always go long. 

I wont deny that Brisbane won purely because of him last night however the roar have always played a certain style of game (regardless of whether they have implemented it well in a particular season is a different matter) and the roar fans that KSK highlighted were attributing this style of play to JA purely because he made some good comments a few weeks ago (talking seems to be the only thing JA is good at).  It was this the style of play I chose to comment on and not the reason they won. I chose to do this because of large similarities with Heart in that I believe JVS style of play legacy stopped people realising how shit JA was early on as even though JVS is shit JA is significantly worse.

I never denied he was playing shit, I always argued that he was a good player who had been broken by JA. All the good attributes he had when he came to us (and were seen when he displaced Bolton) quickly dissappeared under JA and that shitty GK coach we had at the time

Redders went from a keeper who would make saves and hold the ball and play out from the back to a keeper who made shitty attempts to punch the ball away and always go long. 

I wont deny that Brisbane won purely because of him last night however the roar have always played a certain style of game (regardless of whether they have implemented it well in a particular season is a different matter) and the roar fans that KSK highlighted were attributing this style of play to JA purely because he made some good comments a few weeks ago (talking seems to be the only thing JA is good at).  It was this the style of play I chose to comment on and not the reason they won. I chose to do this because of large similarities with Heart in that I believe JVS style of play legacy stopped people realising how shit JA was early on as even though JVS is shit JA is significantly worse.

Don't we still have the same GK coach?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4021/a-league/2016/05/30/24074142/whats-going-on-at-brisbane-roar?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=enaufb

The Bakrie Group are again in trouble at Brisbane Roar with Football Federation Australia threatening to take back their A-League licence

Reports suggest Football Federation Australia (FFA) has given the Bakrie Group until 5pm AEST on Monday to prove their commitment to Brisbane Roar or lose their A-League licence.

The past 12 months have been a mess for Roar, with players and staff regularly paid late in the lead-up to the 2015-16 season, and administrators coming and going.

Despite that Brisbane performed strongly on the field this season, just missing out on the premiership before giving up a 3-0 lead in a semi-final to lose.

But with reports the Bakrie Group are baulking at investing more funds to allow Roar coach John Aloisi and director of football Craig Moore to recruit for next season, FFA has seemingly lost patience with the Indonesian conglomerate, which is run by Nirwan Bakrie.

It could be the end of the Bakrie era at Roar, with Brisbane having been under their control since late 2011.

Brisbane Roar's roller-coaster year

June 23, 2015 - FFA slam Brisbane Roar's "unacceptable" failure to pay players and staff on time.

July 9, 2015 - Roar chairman Chris Fong claims Bakrie Group will sell the club.

July 24, 2015 - Queensland Rugby Union make an application to Queensland Supreme Court to wind up Roar over nearly 12 months of unpaid rent at Ballymore - the A-League club's former training base.

August 17, 2015 - Roar players and staff paid late for the second time in three months.

August 28, 2015 - FFA give Bakrie Group ultimatum to sort out financial situation or risk losing Roar. Midfielder Luke Brattan terminates contract with the club over outstanding superannuation payments.

September 15, 2015 - Bakrie Group inject approximately $1 million into Roar, staving off FFA's threats of losing their licence.

November 29, 2015 - Roar appoint David Pourre as CEO.

December 31, 2015 - Roar meet FFA deadline to pay all outstanding superannuation and bonuses owed to players, avoiding an A-League points penalty.

April 9, 2016 - Melbourne Victory hold Roar to a scoreless draw in the final round of the regular season to effectively deny Brisbane the A-League premiership.

April 24, 2016 - Western Sydney Wanderers come from 3-0 down to eliminate Roar 5-4 after extra-time in the A-League semi-finals.

May 9, 2016 - Pourre quits as Roar CEO but remains at the club as part of an advisory board.

May 20, 2016 - Roar chairman Rahim Soekasah and director Demis Djamaoeddin miss appointment to inform FFA of owner Nirwan Bakrie's future plans after meeting with him in Indonesia.

May 30, 2016 - Reports that Bakrie Group given until 5pm AEST to outline plans for the club or risk losing their A-League licence.

4 hours ago, hakz7 said:

Wow

Monday, 30 May 2016 - 

Football Federation Australia have released the following statement in regards to Brisbane Roar and the Bakrie Group.

“Football Federation Australia (FFA) has today received correspondence from the Bakrie Group in relation to the Brisbane Roar FC,” said an FFA spokesperson.

“The Bakrie Group has requested an extension of seven days to address matters raised by FFA.

“FFA is considering the request for an extension.

“FFA last week sought information from the Bakrie Group on the management and financial structure of the Brisbane Roar.”

Lol, clearly the FFA are just trying to steal a licence from another owner so they can sell it for a few mil later on. They'll probably want like $10m for a Brisbane club. Ez money.

But hedaik is right, it's hardly a good investment and the FFA constantly looking for an opportunity to take back a licence doesn't make it any better, so you're only going to end up with idiots or nutcases owning  anything outside of Melbourne and Sydney. 

Edited by Tesla

• 1 month later...