Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

I'm curious, has everyone else received their email advising of memberships for 2012/13? Still nothing for me, even though I get all the regular update emails/fan forum etc. Maybe they don't want me..... They may have found out I once had a visitards membership.....

These things happen.

There was a tweet to SM recently from someone in similar position. It is easily fixed. Either tweet SM or ring the club.

• 1 month later...

We are in Montreal at the moment visiting family and went to the Montreal Impact v San Jose game last night.

The standard is perhaps a little better than ours but not by that much. What caught my attention was the atmosphere. A sell out crowd of 19400 people watching a mid table team in a city that is apparently not so interested in soccer. We stood just behind the Ùltras who take up the full length of the bay behind the goal at one end. Before kick off there was some music but it was drowned out by the chanting of supporters. Much better than Guns n` Roses. There was a carnival atmosphere for the whole game , little swearing, no beer being thrown in the air and families in what we call the attive area. Also there was little security presence and people walking up and down the aisles selling beer. Much more relaxed with a larger crowd making more noise than we have on the Yarraside but without the feeling that if you stand up in GA or make too much noise you will get a tap on the shoulder from ACG. Towards the end the whole stadium was buzzing.

Also, whilst visiting friends they said they want to go to a game. A bit different from the response in Australia when I ask if people want to go and see the Heart.

Let`s hope our club is better at promoting and getting people to games this season than last as the atmosphere of a large crowd is enough to make people come back for more as it generates passion. I know if I was a non football supporter I would have returned after the game last night.

Here are the highlights to help feed the football apetite leading up to October 05.

• Like 1

If it was actually Fred the SMS would be something like this:

Cum n join me an my Tim ates and giv us confident for the next seesons *smiley face* Police ring the club numba soon an join us. Its very importantè that wee get lots of supportas to the pitch. Im happy to be copitan and leed the Tim to succesful seeson. Thanks you. Ferd #5

• Like 4

Where do you get these vids? I'd like to watch match highlights of Revs games.

dRoy

I went onto youtube, typed in Montreal Impact and it came up with the highlights that have been put on which seems to be about 8 minutes for each game plus interviews etc. It is a good way for clubs to allow supporters to follow what is happening with the club as well as games they might miss due to work, away games etc. (att: MHFC HQ).

I checked and New England`s games are there as well. Nice and easy which is good for those as computer savy as me.

Enjoy.

If it was actually Fred the SMS would be something like this:

Cum n join me an my Tim ates and giv us confident for the next seesons *smiley face* Police ring the club numba soon an join us. Its very importantè that wee get lots of supportas to the pitch. Im happy to be copitan and leed the Tim to succesful seeson. Thanks you. Ferd #5

And give praise to God. Fred.

Membership packs going to you next week

We wanted to give an you an update on your membership pack being deliverd. We will be sending them out to members next week who have chosen the postage option when purchasing their membership.

Those who have chosen the pick up option will be able to collect their packs at our family day event on Sunday 23 September or alternatively on the first couple of games of the season. It's highly recommended that you try come to family day to avoid match day cues and get in to the games in time for kick off.

Edited by Bannon