Melbourne Football

2012-13 Membership

hakz7

it felt as if it was much less than last year.

they're saying that there was 1,000 there.

This was down on last year's supposed 1,700. But it's pretty hard to maintain interest in these sorts of things - especially with our long off-season - and I don't think we should read too much into the actual attendance. Club's doing the right thing and giving people an opportunity - that's what counts. Maybe in the future we could try to amalgamate the family day with a pre-season match or something - we did that previously. I'm sure HQ is doing its best.

I called the langwarren weekend my heart family day....with the full crew in attendance on Sunday and half of them at mt eliza on the saturday that was enough for the kids

Coming from the the south i couldn't be bothered making the 50km trek to Latrobe.

Everyone i know is still as keen as last year if not more keen.

Hi all

I'd like to add my 10 cents worth to this debate with a couple of ideas.

Firstly most games I go to I see most of the Premium A and Premium B seats empty. Not only is this a poor spectacle but its just a wasted resource. To me it says that the club has priced these seats poorly and would be better served by lowering the price so that peopel currently paying GA prices pay a little extra for seats on the wings.

Premium A is $545 per Adult and Premium B is $410 per Adult whilst GA is $215 per adult. Now consider someone like me who currently pays $215 for their GA admission. The club expects me to pay almost double to sit 30 feet from where i am currently sitting for a slightly better angle? At the end of the day it is the same spectacle, the seats are the same size. and the crowd experience is the same. The relativities are all wrong. Premium B should be a modest increase up from GA and likewise A from B. Then GA members will say - if it is only an extra $50 or so to upgrade the membership why shouldn't I do it?

Thus the pricing would be

GA - $215

Prem B - $265

Prem A - $315

Now before you jump up and down about loss of revenue let's put this in perspective. Heart had 6,000 members. I woudl estimate that there woudl have been at most 400 Premium A and 600 Premium B members.

The revenue from the premium A and B members + GA would have totalled (400 x 545) + (600 x 410) + (5000 x 215) = = $1,539,000.

By contrast had my suggested prices been used I would estimate that there would have been 1000 premium A and 2000 premium B members which would equate to total revenue (1000 x 315) + (2000 x 265) + (3000 x 215) = $1,490,000. That revenue is only just slightly below current figures yet look at the vastly improved viewing experience for all the upgraded A and B members.

The other idea I had concerned corporate partners. We play at AAMI stadium. Why not have a $20 membership discount if you are an AAMI home insurance member and a further $20 discount if you are a car insurance member? AAMI can pay the club for the amount of the discount and in return it is getting extra peopel signing up for its insurance policies. Similarly with pblic transport if people sign up for a yearly publci transport ticket they coudl get a further $40 discount on their club membership withteh PTC paying MH the $40 for every member signed up for that ticket.

That would make club memberships, in net terms, much cheaper than at the moment and this would bring in more members for the club. In fact if you were signed up with say 10 corporate members your club membership (GA level) could be free.

cheers Peter

You post was pretty long n i couldnt be fucked reading past the second paragraph so i apologise if u mentioned this. Imo the cat a and cat b prices should stay the same n they should introduce cat c, though i guess cat c is probably being saved for the upler tier on the wings if we ever get the members to justify opening it up

• Like 1

We've debated membership costs and benefits over and over again. Since as far as we know no-one from the club looks at this Forum they are not going to even consider any of these ideas, however worthy they are, unless you put them in writing and send to the club.

Generally we come down to agreeing that memberships will increase as attendances increase, and that the latter will happen when we start winning more matches at home. That's the key factor. $20 here or there is pretty peripheral in the scheme of things.

The other idea I had concerned corporate partners. We play at AAMI stadium. Why not have a $20 membership discount if you are an AAMI home insurance member and a further $20 discount if you are a car insurance member? AAMI can pay the club for the amount of the discount and in return it is getting extra peopel signing up for its insurance policies. cheers Peter

Peter, may I just point out that AAMI has naming rights to AAMI Park. AAMI is not a sponsor of the Heart. If you going to ask AAMI to contribute to Heart memberships then everyone else using the stadium is going to want the same - Victory, the Storm, the Rebels etc.

Hi all

Firstly most games I go to I see most of the Premium A and Premium B seats empty. Not only is this a poor spectacle but its just a wasted resource. To me it says that the club has priced these seats poorly and would be better served by lowering the price so that peopel currently paying GA prices pay a little extra for seats on the wings.

Premium A is $545 per Adult and Premium B is $410 per Adult whilst GA is $215 per adult. Now consider someone like me who currently pays $215 for their GA admission. The club expects me to pay almost double to sit 30 feet from where i am currently sitting for a slightly better angle? At the end of the day it is the same spectacle, the seats are the same size. and the crowd experience is the same. The relativities are all wrong. Premium B should be a modest increase up from GA and likewise A from B. Then GA members will say - if it is only an extra $50 or so to upgrade the membership why shouldn't I do it?

Thus the pricing would be

GA - $215

Prem B - $265

Prem A - $315

Now before you jump up and down about loss of revenue let's put this in perspective. Heart had 6,000 members. I woudl estimate that there woudl have been at most 400 Premium A and 600 Premium B members.

The revenue from the premium A and B members + GA would have totalled (400 x 545) + (600 x 410) + (5000 x 215) = = $1,539,000.

By contrast had my suggested prices been used I would estimate that there would have been 1000 premium A and 2000 premium B members which would equate to total revenue (1000 x 315) + (2000 x 265) + (3000 x 215) = $1,490,000. That revenue is only just slightly below current figures yet look at the vastly improved viewing experience for all the upgraded A and B members.

The other idea I had concerned corporate partners. We play at AAMI stadium. Why not have a $20 membership discount if you are an AAMI home insurance member and a further $20 discount if you are a car insurance member? AAMI can pay the club for the amount of the discount and in return it is getting extra peopel signing up for its insurance policies. Similarly with pblic transport if people sign up for a yearly publci transport ticket they coudl get a further $40 discount on their club membership withteh PTC paying MH the $40 for every member signed up for that ticket.

That would make club memberships, in net terms, much cheaper than at the moment and this would bring in more members for the club. In fact if you were signed up with say 10 corporate members your club membership (GA level) could be free.

cheers Peter

So to summarise.

1. You suggest a new membership pricing model that, even given your overly optimistic estimates, leads to us receiving less revenue.

2. Suggest a company that isnt a Heart sponsor will all of a sudden start paying us 20$ per member that is also their client

Hi all

Agree, we had Premium B family tickets in season 1. For that privilege we did sit 20m from the GA seats in what was a worse viewing spot. Given that it rained almost every home game we either paid for the experience of sitting on already wet seats and getting wetter or moving to the GA area behind the goal that was under cover. We chose that option most times. Consequently, in season 2 and 3 we have paid for GA family tickets.

I agree that it makes for a poor TV spectacle when most of the wing seats (visible on TV) are empty and presents a misleading impression of poor support from the fans. Currently the club gets $0 season revenue from most of these seats apart from our home derby games

• Like 1

I got my Active Supporter Membership few days back....does anyone know roughly how long it takes to get in the mail?

I'm overly excited about it and im waiting atthe letter box like a 5 yr old almost everyday....

(yes i do work)

bout a week or two mine took last season

its worth noting that AAMI is a suncorp company, and suncorp is a competitor of westpac

Westpac would prefer you buy insurance from them rather than a suncorp company.

Bar that, I agree with most of your comments.

what surprises me is the people who put off buying a membership right up until the day of our first home game. fuck they must lead busy lives if they can't take 5 minutes to buy one online a few weeks in advance.

silly thing is they'll now have to queue up with the other people buying new memberships on sunday to witness the kings of melbourne on their journey to the 12/13 chamionship/premiership double

• Like 4