Melbourne Football

The "Where are they now?" thread

kingawesomeness

On 30/03/2016 at 1:55 PM, GreenSeater said:

Gotta say I'm pretty happy for the guy. Considering how much his time with us would have absolutely destroyed his confidence its nice to see him doing well even at a lower level.

The bloke was a pretty decent A-league player before he joined us, in fact I distinctly remember the overwhelmingly positive response him signing with us received.

So I agree TBH, good for him getting his career back on track.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

The bloke was a pretty decent A-league player before he joined us, in fact I distinctly remember the overwhelmingly positive response him signing with us received.

So I agree TBH, good for him getting his career back on track.

Agreed. IMO Ramsay was one of the players that our coaching staff sent backwards. He isn't getting much match time with his club, but he's played nine internationals with the Phillippines.

Good Could Return For Swans Trip

By Tom Easterby - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Defender Curtis Good could return from injury in time for Newcastle United Under-21s' trip to Swansea City on Monday, according to Peter Beardsley.

Twenty-three-year-old Good was withdrawn at half time in the 4-1 home defeat to West Ham United earlier this month, and missed the 2-2 friendly draw with FC Edmonton and the 1-1 draw at Brighton & Hove Albion last week.

Over the past few years, the former Bradford City and Dundee United loanee - who has one senior cap for Australia to his name - has been dogged by a succession of injury setbacks.

But football development manager Beardsley revealed that the Australian could return to action when his side face the Swans in a Barclays Under-21 Premier League Division Two clash at the Liberty Stadium on Monday night (7pm kick-off).

"I believe Curtis Good might play, so that'll give us a bit of strength in that position," he said.

"It'd be nice if Curtis is back. I can't imagine what he's been through, because I've never had any injuries of that magnitude and never really had a bad injury.

"I can't understand what he's going through and I try to help him, but you almost don't know what to say. He's had two years, and then he's hurt his calf, and it's been so frustrating for him.

"It'd be nice for him if he could just finish the season and then come the start of the season, he's ready to go."

The game in Wales marks the start of a three-game week for Beardsley's youngsters, who take on Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium on Friday before bringing the curtain down on the campaign by welcoming Brighton to St. James' Park a week on Monday.

And the Magpies legend believes the experience of playing in first team surroundings, along with the hectic schedule the next seven days has provided, will be a memorable week for his players - who he believes can thrive in the big arenas.

"It couldn't be a better week. We're playing at the Liberty, and I've never been there - the kids won't have played there either," said Beardsley.

"That'll be brilliant, and then we go to the Emirates on Friday and then top it off with St. James' Park on Monday.

"That's what the under-21s league is all about. When I look at our games over the season, away more than at home probably, when we've played in stadiums we've done really well. For them to do that is a big incentive for them.

"It's exciting for them, and it's exciting for us as a club."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160401/good-could-return-for-swans-trip_2281670_5462718

• Like 3

12 hours ago, n i k o said:

Ex Heart players Eli Babalj, Craig Goodwin, Mate Dugandzic, Michael Marrone and Stefan Mauk have now won a premiership. 

They join the long list of players who played for us and have won silverware at other clubs.

Adelaide had more Heart players than City did on Friday and they still managed to win. Strange.

• Like 2

ANOTHER England-based Socceroo, Curtis Good, finally returned to action for Newcastle United in an U21 match after spending two months on the sidelines with a series of hip issues. The forgotten defender played 45 minutes in matches against Swansea and Arsenal, but Newcastle say they will have to manage the injury-prone player for the remainder of the season.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/aleague-confidential-sydney-fc-have-grounds-for-feeling-settled-after-allianz-stadium-decision/news-story/3ffe6b830d1269761698cb9d3310a844

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

good luck to him

looking forward to when we can be looking here to see JVS's "where is he now update"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Tando has made his debut (and only app so far) for Shonan Bellmare this month, conceding 3 goals. The team is bottom of the table after 8 games.

Actually he debuted in a cup match four days earlier (they lost 0-1). So he's not doing too well so far, and definitely second-choice. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Actually he debuted in a cup match four days earlier (they lost 0-1). So he's not doing too well so far, and definitely second-choice. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

To be fair it looks like they concede a lot goals regardless of keeper (19 in 8 games). From one defensively inept team to another it seems.

1 hour ago, n i k o said:

Great part here:

Who is the player you admire most at home and abroad?

“In Australia it would have to be Aaron Mooy, just because I can see things that he does I saw as well myself as a midfielder. I can relate to the way he plays."

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Only ever looked good when Tadic decided to set him up for goals for being his only mate in the team. 

He scored a cracker of a free kick in Wellington and at least two screamers in general play... his free kick ability also made our free kicks from out wide a lot more dangerous than if he was out the team and someone else took them like Mate.

It doesn't sound like much but in the JA era... all of our corners and free kicks were pretty much non events every single time.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So I hear Paartalu has fallen out of favour with the current coach at Jeonbuk and will most likely miss the game against victree. Looks like old mate JVS wasn't the only one to have problems with him. 

Did Ange have problems with him at Brisbane? (genuine question). Players with attitude problems tend to have issues wherever they go. I dont follow any other clubs close enough to keep up with gossip so i may be wrong but he was such a vital cog in the Roar machine, he always struck me as someone happy to follow orders. 

Seems strange he could go from being such a key player for very well a respected coach to a "problem" player like that

10 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Did Ange have problems with him at Brisbane? (genuine question). Players with attitude problems tend to have issues wherever they go. I dont follow any other clubs close enough to keep up with gossip so i may be wrong but he was such a vital cog in the Roar machine, he always struck me as someone happy to follow orders. 

Seems strange he could go from being such a key player for very well a respected coach to a "problem" player like that

I don't know, but he didn't seem to. I'm just reporting what I've heard. 

11 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Yeah was just curious. Seems very out of character from what i knew of him at Brisbane

Hmm tbh I've always been under the impression he's a bit difficult. Not enough to sack someone over, but enough that he can cause a little bit of disharmony in the sheds. Only hearsay tho.

Just now, bt50 said:

Hmm tbh I've always been under the impression he's a bit difficult. Not enough to sack someone over, but enough that he can cause a little bit of disharmony in the sheds. Only hearsay tho.

Same.

Also, playing in a team that's constantly sitting near the top and winning things can lead to even some of the most disruptive types behaving for a couple of seasons.

37 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

It could also be Ange. That is, given what had transpired at BR prior to Ange's appointment and the way Ange coaches a team it may well have meant that a young player is managed well. The way I see it, Ange manages to extract far more from the players at the NT than do the club coaches.

3 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

It could also be Ange. That is, given what had transpired at BR prior to Ange's appointment and the way Ange coaches a team it may well have meant that a young player is managed well. The way I see it, Ange manages to extract far more from the players at the NT than do the club coaches.

True. Yeah it could be a lot of things. Like i say i have not followed his career close enough to get an accurate picture. He just struck me as a no fuss, hard working professional under Ange.