Melbourne Football

Rd. 13 - Wed. 16th January 2019 vs. Central Coast, Gosford, 7.50 pm.

jw1739

The whole team has to stand up tonight. We've actually taken more points (13) out of our last 5 matches than any other side, and we've played either one or two games fewer than anyone else other than Central Coast, so tonight is a match we have to win if we have any pretence at silverware.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Inchcolm said:

Wales the only player rested. 

We play with a back 4 of Aikinson, Good, Bart and Jamieson

Defensive two Malik and Baccus

Midfield three McGree, Brattan and Griffiths

Attacking DeLate

This team nearly lends itself to a diamond formation actually. Even perhaps a back 3 as others have noted.

But it's a bit hard to pick it with how fluid Joyce can line them up.

On 1/12/2019 at 8:50 PM, Afif Adam said:

after ccm losing to wel 3-2 after being 2 goals up, there should be no reason for us to lose this...tis the only game wazza should be sacked if we lose 

See, the opposite mentality being spruiked in this thread is a by-product of our tortured years.

Imagine if we were going in to January without a win, having just lost a match when we were 2-0 up. We wouldn't be saying how frisky we were looking and how we'd be fired up for the next game (against a team which hasn't had a bad loss in nearly two months); we'd be saying how much will the other mob smash us by..

• Like 1

Jamieson backtracking defending was absolutely woeful then. Baccus and Griffiths tracking of Pain not much better. 

We and try to be over creative going forward but the players don't have the fluidity together to do this. Dare I say it, this is where we need that hold up striker look Bruno.

5 minutes into this game I thought CCM perhaps one of the worst teams I have ever seen. But that free header to Fukhead Simon was an early warning sign that if we didn't pull our finger out and score against then, they'd punish us.

Not sure why we struggle against this side, perhaps they drag us down to their level. But now is the opportunity to come out and show we are better than those old sides of ours that would lose this game.

1 minute ago, rass said:

5 minutes into this game I thought CCM perhaps one of the worst teams I have ever seen. But that free header to Fukhead Simon was an early warning sign that if we didn't pull our finger out and score against then, they'd punish us.

Not sure why we struggle against this side, perhaps they drag us down to their level. But now is the opportunity to come out and show we are better than those old sides of ours that would lose this game.

We look knackered and not really up for it.