Melbourne Football

Round 15 vs Adelaide 12th January, Thursday

kingofhearts

When was the last time we played 2 games in a row with the same players playing in the same positions? I've looked back the last 6 rounds and there's always been a change either in players or the positions they've played in. I blame this solely on JVS. Obviously for this game the only change that has to happen is Brandan coming in which means Colazo can come into left back in place of Rose. If we play the same formation though and can get the team more comfortable in each of their roles I'm sure that we'll start to get some more consistent results. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, n i k o said:

When was the last time we played 2 games in a row with the same players playing in the same positions? I've looked back the last 6 rounds and there's always been a change either in players or the positions they've played in. I blame this solely on JVS. Obviously for this game the only change that has to happen is Brandan coming in which means Colazo can come into left back in place of Rose. If we play the same formation though and can get the team more comfortable in each of their roles I'm sure that we'll start to get some more consistent results. 

I reckon we are going to perform well in these coming weeks.

8 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Does anyone know Fernando Brandans' playing history?  A few websites I've looked at (and not just Wiki) list him as a midfielder.  Has he played as a 10 before? He's very good on the ball and clever, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any knowledge of his past? 

Football Manager seems to think he can

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defibrillator said:

Does anyone know Fernando Brandans' playing history?  A few websites I've looked at (and not just Wiki) list him as a midfielder.  Has he played as a 10 before? He's very good on the ball and clever, but I'm curious to know if anyone has any knowledge of his past? 

any time he has shifted centrally, he plays better,

he is wasted out on the left wing

• Like 1

XI really selects itself tonight

Franjic         Tongyik       Jackobsen            Colazo

Malik

Brattan        Cahill

Kamau                      Bruno                          Brandan

There were three things earlier in the season to why we looked so strong. Agressive, moved the ball quickly and our wide players stayed very wide.

Edited by Dylan

Ok first positive I can see is our squad is unchanged in both formation and personel, besides Kilkenny which is out of our hands. Still not happy with Colazo not playing in left back and Fernando on the bench but at least for the first time in a long time we have some consistency. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Suspect Valkanis doesn't see enough in Adelaide attack, particularly if we have lead late on / or couple early on so that Retre can be brought on second half for defensive bolstering / cover

How much defensive cover do we need for a team thats scored 10 goals all season? Just seems like overkill to me.

BTW does anyone have a stream link for those who are not able to get around a T.V tonight for the game?

Edited by kingofhearts

1 minute ago, n i k o said:

Interesting Kennedy saying that when Garrucio was with us there wasn't much confidence instilled in him from the coaching staff. 

Wouldn't take that as anything other than a reference to getting game time tbh

Edited by bt50

6 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

How much defensive cover do we need for a team thats scored 10 goals all season? Just seems like overkill to me.

BTW does anyone have a stream link for those who are not able to get around a T.V tonight for the game?

Agree about their attack, but then again we are talking about City's defense too (who did conceded last time against Adelaide)

• Like 2