Melbourne Football

Iniesta to Melbourne City?!!

jeffplz

23 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

seems to me this whole thread is a massive JOKE , total waste of space i cannot for the life of me even imagine Iniesta coming to Melbourne City now or in the next century.

Relax Johnno. It's the "Season Over" thread in disguise at the moment. Won't be long until the disguise comes off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

Are you saying Iniesta is coming when the "season is over" for the pre-season? Makes sense.

You guys are really believing that Iniesta is coming to Melbourne city... wow this forum is full of shit it never tells the truth and makes up stupid transfer rumours. Bloody Greek construction worker!!!!

7 minutes ago, MCY HERO said:

You guys are really believing that Iniesta is coming to Melbourne city... wow this forum is full of shit it never tells the truth and makes up stupid transfer rumours. Bloody Greek construction worker!!!!

He's coming mate. Just a matter of time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MCY HERO said:

Obviously you don't know Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano, because if you did you would be doubting nothing.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, playmaker said:

Obviously you don't know Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano, because if you did you would be doubting nothing.

Yeah not so sure about that. That doesn't sound like the name of a Greek construction worker.

Unless he changed his name by deed poll?

10 hours ago, MCY HERO said:

You are yet to grasp the concept of Thursday 10am's. It's ganna happen homie.

Let's face it, this is just one of a number of completely stupid threads running at the moment. And we all know why that is - no-one on here believes that we will win another trophy this season - we might not even win another match the way we are going - the football City play is the most boring imaginable and there is general disillusionment all around.

I think that if a third franchise started in Melbourne called Melbourne Heart and playing in red-and-white I might join them...at least those old r&w scarves in the wardrobe would see the light of day again.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Let's face it, this is just one of a number of completely stupid threads running at the moment. And we all know why that is - no-one on here believes that we will win another trophy this season - we might not even win another match the way we are going - the football City play is the most boring imaginable and there is general disillusionment all around.

I think that if a third franchise started in Melbourne called Melbourne Heart and playing in red-and-white I might join them...at least those old r&w scarves in the wardrobe would see the light of day again.

J 'Misery guts' W1739 ;)

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Pretty well echoes my sentiments exactly. All aboard South Melbourne Heart!

I am just so disenchanted with the club at the moment. I hate the CFG-branding that is continously forced down our throat. I hate the fact that the club has clearly prioritised sky blue over the fans. I hate the contempt shown by the staff whenever we put in another inept performance. I hate the fact that the club is perfectly happy to throw the season in order to fulfill their Tim Cahill obligations. I hate that it doesn't even feel like a club any more. If it wasn't for the fact I hate Victory and desperately want to support local football, I would have given up long ago.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

We don't have clubs in the A League so its never felt like a club. I do hate the aspirational mediocrity and the contentment with the lack of success

1) If we don't have "clubs" then neither does most of the professional football world

and 

2) Contentment with lack of success and aspirational mediocrity is a concept you've derived from press conferences designed to give the media cannon fodder to write about, that reflect minimally on the footballing department at best.
The reality says that a $11.5mil buyout, a further $15m (at least) investment in the nations best facilities, and the most expensive squad in A League history to date shows quite a lot of aspiration and intent to become the best team in the country.

No-one is happy with the team's current form, but lets not make shit up so that we can have one massive misery orgy when we lose a game or two.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, bt50 said:

1) If we don't have "clubs" then neither does most of the professional football world

and 

2) Contentment with lack of success and aspirational mediocrity is a concept you've derived from press conferences designed to give the media cannon fodder to write about, that reflect minimally on the footballing department at best.
The reality says that a $11.5mil buyout, a further $15m (at least) investment in the nations best facilities, and the most expensive squad in A League history to date shows quite a lot of aspiration and intent to become the best team in the country.

No-one is happy with the team's current form, but lets not make shit up so that we can have one massive misery orgy when we lose a game or two.

Brilliant. Even with those really long sentences!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

and 

Yes, there are very few actual clubs at top level football anymore but even less so in the A League, It's the way that it is though when we did have clubs they hardly distinguished themselves with financial glory.

I'm not going from the pressers, they are really advertorial but when you try something over and over and it isn't working and you keep trying to the same way and it keeps on not working what other conclusion can be reached? My concern doesn't come from the lack of success, not every team can succeed everytime, its about the lack of evolution in the team style.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

I'm not going from the pressers, they are really advertorial but when you try something over and over and it isn't working and you keep trying to the same way and it keeps on not working what other conclusion can be reached? My concern doesn't come from the lack of success, not every team can succeed everytime, its about the lack of evolution in the team style.

Absolutely, but contentment with lack of success or aspirational mediocrity implies a lack of effort, time or resources. That's rubbish.
Sure they might have made some bad calls, but every club in history has made bad calls. Arguably every club makes them every single year.
If it was as easy to make the right call as everyone thinks then every club would win the title every year.

I have my opinions on what i think we are doing right or wrong, but I'm not more qualified to make that call than anyone that works in the football department at the club, and neither is anyone else on this forum for that matter. Doesn't mean we can't express that opinion on here, that's what a forum does, but the 'I know better' mentality doesn't really wash with me.
Unless you're John Aloisi, that cunt was just fucked in the head :tooth:

• Like 2

There is a huge difference between a baseless opinion, and opinions/ conclusions which are formed by statistical data, observations and life experience which in this case, all point to the same thing, and that thing is what most people are discussing.

And the failure of the club to address these issues that are being exploited by every team since the FFA Cup final is as concerning as they are obvious.

The attitude of 'do it again the same way and see what happens' is destined to fail. 

I think most would be encouraged to see a totally different approach to our game regardless of the result because it will show, at the least, that the coaching staff acknowledge that change is needed due to whatever they are doing currently isn't working.

As belaguttman said, it's all about evolving the team style to achieve a different result.

Just do something FFS.

36 minutes ago, playmaker said:

There is a huge difference between a baseless opinion, and opinions/ conclusions which are formed by statistical data, observations and life experience which in this case, all point to the same thing, and that thing is what most people are discussing.

And the failure of the club to address these issues that are being exploited by every team since the FFA Cup final is as concerning as they are obvious.

The attitude of 'do it again the same way and see what happens' is destined to fail. 

I think most would be encouraged to see a totally different approach to our game regardless of the result because it will show, at the least, that the coaching staff acknowledge that change is needed due to whatever they are doing currently isn't working.

As belaguttman said, it's all about evolving the team style to achieve a different result.

Just do something FFS.

This.

I went through the results last night - league results that is. In 12 out of the 15 matches we've played we have scored first. I conclude that the high-possession/high-press strategy that we have is reasonably sound. What is unsound is the tactics that we employ once we are ahead, because it's fairly obvious to me that there needs to be a greater emphasis on defence once we are ahead. Not an exclusive emphasis by any means, but certainly greater than what we are using now.

I cbf to go though it all again, but I think that analysis of our results shows that we have thrown away something like 10 points so far this season by our inability to defend a lead. And that's the difference between being 3rd and being a genuine challenger for the Premiership.

We are not advocating a massive change in the football strategy. Just a sensible change in the tactics used on match-day.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

This.

I went through the results last night - league results that is. In 12 out of the 15 matches we've played we have scored first. I conclude that the high-possession/high-press strategy that we have is reasonably sound. What is unsound is the tactics that we employ once we are ahead, because it's fairly obvious to me that there needs to be a greater emphasis on defence once we are ahead. Not an exclusive emphasis by any means, but certainly greater than what we are using now.

I cbf to go though it all again, but I think that analysis of our results shows that we have thrown away something like 10 points so far this season by our inability to defend a lead. And that's the difference between being 3rd and being a genuine challenger for the Premiership.

We are not advocating a massive change in the football strategy. Just a sensible change in the tactics used on match-day.

This is what is needed, i for one am not saying we should win every game ( that would be nice) but perlease make a bloody effort for the WHOLE game and use alternative tactics for some teams that we play.

7 hours ago, bt50 said:

Absolutely, but contentment with lack of success or aspirational mediocrity implies a lack of effort, time or resources. That's rubbish.
Sure they might have made some bad calls, but every club in history has made bad calls. Arguably every club makes them every single year.
If it was as easy to make the right call as everyone thinks then every club would win the title every year.

I have my opinions on what i think we are doing right or wrong, but I'm not more qualified to make that call than anyone that works in the football department at the club, and neither is anyone else on this forum for that matter. Doesn't mean we can't express that opinion on here, that's what a forum does, but the 'I know better' mentality doesn't really wash with me.
Unless you're John Aloisi, that cunt was just fucked in the head :tooth:

I don't believe that there's a lack of effort, but there's a lack of hunger to win that you see in the best teams.

14 hours ago, belaguttman said:

I don't believe that there's a lack of effort, but there's a lack of hunger to win that you see in the best teams.

How many years now have the club said they're getting new players in with new attitudes in response to this? It's Groundhog Day. Now at least we can see if a new coach helps.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • jw1739 locked this topic