Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 13 - Melbourne v Central Coast [Away] 21st Jan 6:00 pm

IssySG

I hope we are all wrong but unfortunately I am the same. Not feeling overly confident to be honest..

Hall starting as the CB is interesting. I'm glad Lopane is playing in the midfield. He is terrible on the wing.. 

IMG_20240121_171647.jpg

Edited by heart1011

It is a 6.00 p.m. start today according to the club website. You could be forgiven for not knowing because there has been no news on the fixture for three days. And it you do find the news item you have to go past the women's news first... Leckie, Jakolis, Behich and Sulemani are out.

Livescore has it at 5.00 p.m tomorrow...

Was it changed for some reason, or has APL closed it's doors already?

29 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It is a 6.00 p.m. start today according to the club website. You could be forgiven for not knowing because there has been no news on the fixture for three days. And it you do find the news item you have to go past the women's news first... Leckie, Jakolis, Behich and Sulemani are out.

Livescore has it at 5.00 p.m tomorrow...

Was it changed for some reason, or has APL closed it's doors already?

It was changed because its been so hot lately up there, they wanted to start the game later so hopefully the heat wasn't as bad

Edited by kingofhearts

40 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

I hope we are all wrong but unfortunately I am the same. Not feeling overly confident to be honest..

Hall starting as the CB is interesting. I'm glad Lopane is playing in the midfield. He is terrible on the wing.. 

IMG_20240121_171647.jpg

Reis and Soups not on the bench? so Hall is playing out of necessity it seems.

14 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

Mazzeo can absolutely fuck off with these back heel flick things. You're much better than that pal. 

He’s had a couple of bad critical touches, has happened in previous games as well. Besides a couple of goals, I’m not fully onboard with the hype on him based on match viewings yet but the club knows better.

It’s hot so CCM will play in slower pace and this will help us.

Forward line is an issue atm, zero touches for JMAC, Natel slow and Matteo some poor touches - It’s going take something special to score IMO.

Edited by Mr MO

7 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Anyone see the chat before the game started? Apparently it was mentioned that there are rumours floating around that Jmac and Vidmar don't get along hence the rumours that he doesn't want to renew his contract.. interesting if true!

Doesn't surprise me. Vidmar pretty much washed his hands of the issue when questioned. No mention of "I've had a chat with Jamie blah blah blah" -  just "let the club sort it out." Doesn't give the impression of a close relationship.

So neither Reis nor Souprayen is on the bench?

Edited by jw1739

21 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Anyone see the chat before the game started? Apparently it was mentioned that there are rumours floating around that Jmac and Vidmar don't get along hence the rumours that he doesn't want to renew his contract.. interesting if true!

If this club wants to move forward, improve and maintain the same style, we need to look further than JMAC. Perhaps Vidmar sees this? If there was a real issue why is he still wearing the armband by the way?

Bruno 2.0 coming up.

6 minutes ago, Nate said:

Lopane the club's biggest passenger this season, don't know how he starts consistently given how little he provides.

He’s a “project” like Talbot perhaps?

Edited by Mr MO