Melbourne Football

ACL | Ventforet Kofu | 8PM Wednesday September 20TH | AAMI Park

haz

Currently running 7th in J2. Looks a youngish side from the last lineup which they won 3-2, although both striker and AM are over 30. Only two non Japanese players played. At a guess probably a quick side. They're in the back end of their season so I reckon we might struggle with this game, a draw might be a reasonable result

28 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Currently running 7th in J2. Looks a youngish side from the last lineup which they won 3-2, although both striker and AM are over 30. Only two non Japanese players played. At a guess probably a quick side. They're in the back end of their season so I reckon we might struggle with this game, a draw might be a reasonable result

At home we have to win it.

30 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

They would be at least A-League standard if not a little better. Perhaps similar standard to that Korean team we faced last time in the ACL...

Three big tall imports - a GK from New Zealand and a defender and forward from Brazil. Just what we lack. They will be no pushover.

Wouldn't get excited by the Kiwi GK, he's 24yo on loan from another Japanese club and has only played 1 game for them and then they reverted back to their Japanese keeper. The Brazilian forward is 32 so he's a bit older but he did score last game as an AM. The defender is 26 so a good age, about 6 foot so not super tall though, as is his Japanese partner.

21 hours ago, Le Hack said:

If we draw this game we prob don't deserve to get out of the group tbh. Easiest of the six fixtures, and a must win first up.

36 minutes ago, malloy said:

Did we receive an email with our code to buy tickets?

I had an email that had 'Member Numbers' so not sure if that is meant to be the code (was buried towards the bottom of the email).

Also with respect to seating, if someone has a City First-Touch or even City Class membership, it seems like the seating for this match will just be free for all in Level 1 areas?

What I am trying to say is that can I sneak into Level 2......?

Edited by haz

51 minutes ago, haz said:

I had an email that had 'Member Numbers' so not sure if that is meant to be the code (was buried towards the bottom of the email).

Also with respect to seating, if someone has a City First-Touch or even City Class membership, it seems like the seating for this match will just be free for all in Level 1 areas?

What I am trying to say is that can I sneak into Level 2......?

All I've seen is this:  City Members will be able to redeem their complimentary ticket using their member number via Ticketek. which is in the news release on the club web-site. I don't recall an email.

22 minutes ago, Tommykins said:

My email came through 17 minutes ago, everyone go outside for a bit and relax, they'll be with you soon.

@TommykinsYeah, confirm I've got mine too, but I don't see a link to Ticketek. Do we go to the Ticketek site later today? There's no link to Melbourne City or the ACL or A-League there that I can see.

Edited by jw1739

6 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Anyone know how many tickets can be redeemed with the member code? my membership has 2 people within it so I assume the code will let me redeem both

@ZantyI checked with Membership a few minutes ago as I am the same. You will have to enter both membership numbers. And you will be able to choose your membership seats provided some other bastard hasn't taken them (although I very much doubt that there will be that much demand).

• Like 1

Tickets booked 👍 

19 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Looks like they're only opening the Eastern Side Level 1.

https://premier.ticketek.com.au/events/ASIANC0123/venues/MELBRECST/performances/EMHR2023876AC/tickets

Not sure what to do now.

Enter in your Membership number (should be towards the bottom of the emails the club has been sending) 

And enter it on the TicketTek website in the password box. 

If you have multiple members, enter the codes together (one under the other) in the same box. 

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Tickets booked 👍 

Enter in your Membership number (should be towards the bottom of the emails the club has been sending) 

And enter it on the TicketTek website in the password box. 

If you have multiple members, enter the codes together (one under the other) in the same box. 

Yeah, realise that, but don't like the seating. Maybe wait until they release more?

46 minutes ago, haz said:

Eh I don't think they'll be enough demand for more seats. 

There are only 3,400 seats in those bays released so far. Nevertheless I've got our tickets for both matches. Back row of the Level 1 on the wing is OK unless it rains - used to be there on the Western Wing.

By the looks of it the "Reserved Seating" sections are selling well, Cat B & A are doing ok. Away Bay & Active Bay are both about the same which is a little concerning 

Just now, Zanty said:

By the looks of it the "Reserved Seating" sections are selling well, Cat B & A are doing ok. Away Bay & Active Bay are both about the same which is a little concerning 

Should have said but this is for the Ventforet game, the Buriram United Reserved Seating is selling really well which is good to see as that is just under 2 months away

2 hours ago, Zanty said:

Should have said but this is for the Ventforet game, the Buriram United Reserved Seating is selling really well which is good to see as that is just under 2 months away

Any reason why it's selling well? 

13 hours ago, citypool said:

Any reason why it's selling well? 

not sure, maybe cause its in a couple of months so more people have time to prepare instead of a week. Not too sure about the Thai population in Melbourne but if it is fairly high could see that being a reason as well 

58 minutes ago, Zanty said:

not sure, maybe cause its in a couple of months so more people have time to prepare instead of a week. Not too sure about the Thai population in Melbourne but if it is fairly high could see that being a reason as well 

Surely, any member of the public can buy there if they want to - they don't have to be Thai?

42 minutes ago, neio said:

I imagine the 3 Visa players we use in this one is Arslan, Sakhi and Reis. Natel not ready and Soupy misses out.

Young - Talbot Reis Good Behich - Ugarkovic Sakhi Arslan - Lopane Maclaren Jakolis is my guess at the 11 

JMac is still on baby-waiting leave at the moment?