Melbourne Football

PLEASE can CFG buy a hawk, falcon, or eagle...

CityWildcat

It can't just be me.  This seagull plague at AAMI is really getting on my chips....er.....tits. Restricts vision during the match......must be offputting to the players as well.

It's not as if we've got a fat bastard in the team munching chips during the game, is it? Is it?

I think the MCG has in the past used a bird of prey tethered on a stand roof to dissuade these rats with wings from getting close to the pitch there.

That's not a joke.  I have also heard of the technique used in England.

Can't someone have a word with AAMI Park administrators?. 

Perhaps CityFG could splash out on something frightening with talons and we could secretly train it to shit on Berisha during derby clashes......as a bonus pest remioval skill.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, CityWildcat said:

It can't just be me.  This seagull plague at AAMI is really getting on my chips....er.....tits. Restricts vision during the match......must be offputting to the players as well.

It's not as if we've got a fat bastard in the team munching chips during the game, is it? Is it?

I think the MCG has in the past used a bird of prey tethered on a stand roof to dissuade these rats with wings from getting close to the pitch there.

That's not a joke.  I have also heard of the technique used in England.

Can't someone have a word with AAMI Park administrators?. 

Perhaps CityFG could splash out on something frightening with talons and we could secretly train it to shit on Berisha during derby clashes......as a bonus pest remioval skill.

Wait ill you get to my age. Every time the ball is in the air all of a sudden it flies off in a different direction and then you start scanning as to where the ball is!

And WTF??? The seagull a protected species????

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Fan of the year award if you do. I'll personally give you a cheque* for 5 bucks a gull.

* chequeswillnotbehonoured 

Might have to do it at the next derby. That way I'll look inconspicuous with a gun amongst all the military gear there. Should fit right in. 

I have a few questions/observations about these seagulls:

1. I have noticed they seem to hang out on Bouzanis side more often than not. I noticed this in the last 3 games at AAMI park. The other keeper doesn't seem to get as much love. 

2. Is it obstructing the goalkeeper's view if Luke Brattan takes a shot on goal and the seagull ducks last minute? 

• Like 4

the laws of the game allow for deflection of any objects (including the ref, or assistant ref; yes, the ball can be kept on play if a deflection off an AR prevents it from fully crossing the touch line) whilst in the field of play, unless it is a person not permitted on the pitch, one of the additional game balls or where the object/objects placement is either considered to constitute a penalty or is deemed interference from either bench/a third party....I think I got that right....

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

Fck the greens, cant believe this things are protected 

It's actually very little to do with the Greens, although it undoubtedly has their support. The silver gull is protected under the Wildlife Act (Victoria) of 1975, which pre-dates the Victorian Greens party.
However, "protection" still allows for controls to be taken where a protected species is causing a nuisance. AAMI Park could apply for a permit to take control measures at the ground. I doubt that there would be too much opposition.

Funny this should be brought up. At the game I was complaining about the bloody seagulls. Not more than two minutes later I was shat on by previously mentioned seagulls.

I'm not making the same mistake twice, you never know who might be listening. I for one wish to welcome our new avian overlords.

• Like 6