Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

I should have added if it happend it would be the most typical heart thing ever

Haha i fully get the life tactic of expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when its not as bad as you think, but man it would be a depressing way to live life haha

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Haha i fully get the life tactic of expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when its not as bad as you think, but man it would be a depressing way to live life haha

What's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist? A pessimist is an optimist that really knows what is going on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deluka said:

Daily Football Show said yesterday, on their podcast, that an FFA Cup representative was hoping for 15k plus based on ticket sales. Thought it was strange given the PAX, but course PAX isn't 100% correct and I'm sure they know more than us.

Usually PAX minus 10% is the attendance number.

So I think we know we're down to 13 that could start 

Bouzanis,  Franjic,  Jakobsen, Chapman, Malik, Muscat,  Kilkenny, Brattan,  Colazo,  Kamau,  Cahill,  Fornaroli, Brandan 

Who misses out?  One of Chapman and Malik does but who is the other one?  For me it's kamau, play Brandan on right and colazo on left 

1 minute ago, neio said:

So I think we know we're down to 13 that could start 

Bouzanis,  Franjic,  Jakobsen, Chapman, Malik, Muscat,  Kilkenny, Brattan,  Colazo,  Kamau,  Cahill,  Fornaroli, Brandan 

Who misses out?  One of Chapman and Malik does but who is the other one?  For me it's kamau, play Brandan on right and colazo on left 

Rose had a good game at his classic LB role. He needs to start imo

• Like 1

Think we'll go with :

Bouzanis

Franjic     Malik        Jakobsen    Muscat

Kilkenny  Brattan

Cahill

Kamau           Fornaroli       Brandan

SUBS : Sorensen  Rose  Fitz  Colazo   Caceres

Who knows though, Rose or Chapman could esily swap with any of the back four bar Jakobsen and Colazo could start in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Think Fitz prob starts on the bench but who knows.

5 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Our best formation needs to have a front two. Cahill doesnt work as an AM and needs to be a second striker. Just like Novillo and Tuna last season

Agree. Probably a flat 4 across the middle to allow the wider players to deliver crosses.

Would love to see a Diamond with Franjic and Colazo as kamikaze fullbacks bombing at every chance and Kilkenny just filling the gaps.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree. Probably a flat 4 across the middle to allow the wider players to deliver crosses.

Would love to see a Diamond with Franjic and Colazo as kamikaze fullbacks bombing at every chance and Kilkenny just filling the gaps.  

I have said from the start the squad and players we have almost requires a back three to get the best out of it. This is the only way I see us getting out best players into the starting XI

Sorenson/Bouzanis

Franjic   Malik/Chapman Jackobsen

Kilkenny

Kamau     Brattan   Colazo    Brandan

Cahill      Fornaroli

Now we all know that the weakness of a back three is being attacked from out wide, but you would hope that we would work out a way to counter that with the same formation. Id rather be a club that is proactive and has a constant formation, but tweaks it to counteract tactics that try to exploit weaknesses. Just throwing it all out and change formation completely just because the opponent has found a weakness is reactive and weak imo.

Yes yes I know JVS but he issnt going to be here next season so its about time they make him take a back seat because there is no point chopping and changing again next season. You look at the last two champs. Adelaide started a system under Gombau and tweaked it when Amour came in but it was a very similar style and tactics. VIctory under Ange had a system and style, Muscat came in and tweaked it and then they won the double. Arnold is in his third season and they are undefeated and look unstoppable. 

Well after just reading what I myself wrote... Next year lads :up:

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1