Melbourne Football

Historic First Home Final. vs. Perth. Sun 17 Apr, 5.00 pm, AAMI Park

jw1739

Just now, Falastur said:

Reminds me of back when I was a kid, when Manchester City games would occasionally air on terrestrial - that would've been when they were out of the Premier League. My mum developed a real complex for always missing goals when she had to leave the room for whatever reason. It ended up also happening when we finally went and watched a game live.

Mate of mine missed three out of four City goals at a game, despite being the only sober one among us.. :P

Just now, strider said:

Mooy a passenger yet again...

No, not tonight. .. Mooy played a good game.

8 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

My thoughts go out to the Melbourne City supporter who was being treated by paramedics in the Hisense Arena car park. Anyone seem to know what happened?

I hope he's okay.

Yeah saw that too and agree wholeheartedly. Not nice at all.

3 minutes ago, rass said:

No, not tonight. .. Mooy played a good game.

Yeah saw that too and agree wholeheartedly. Not nice at all.

I feel for him, whoever might have been with him. Not good, having a good time at a Football match and then something happens after the game. Hopefully he's alright, but jeez. 

Positives:

We won and I lived long enough to see us keep a clean shoot against Perth and we were pretty good defensively all over the park

Bruno, what else can I add, the first 2 goals out of nothing surrounded by defenders. OK the first was ruled off-side but his level of individual skill is a joy to watch

A better game from Mooy tonight.

No clangers from JVS

Negatives:

The crowd numbers must be a real concern to both City and FFA. I've got no sympathy for FFA over this issue though

Bruno's brilliance covered up our lack of other scoring options, Mooy did well but hit the cross bar, Marino had a good shot saved but not a lot else threatened.

I hope Chris Beath picked up his purple shirt at the end of the game, he earned it.

<rolls eyes> The fireworks <rolls eyes>

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

My thoughts go out to the Melbourne City supporter who was being treated by paramedics in the Hisense Arena car park. Anyone seem to know what happened?

I hope he's okay.

maybe enquire of the club later in the week. I saw him as I was driving out. Obviously not good but it wasn't clear what level of seriousness it was.

That was magical from Fornaroli! It was a privilege to watch that first goal, he has no right to score considering the defenders swamping him. Sitting centre wing, had a good look around and saw how well attended the active area of the ground was. Made for a great atmosphere, credit to all the boys and goals in the Melburnians! Cannot wait for Friday, I think we can win it. 

• Like 1

What a first home final. The team put in a gut-busting effort that supporters can be proud of. And what is there left to say about Fornaoli? Two goals of supreme class to make Melbourne City's first ever home final a solid and deserved win.

Garuccio and Fitzgerald played solid high intensity games, getting up and down the pitch all night, and their width helped out Fornaroli and gave him a bit more space to show his class.

I thought Caceres put in a really solid performance, both in attack and defence (only due to injury did he seemingly get subbed for dynamo Melling). Him playing well really gave us a complete and faultless midfield, with Mooy attacking and ever-reliable, and Malik a shield in front of the back four.

And last but not least the team had a strong defence led by Kisnorbo and Wilkinson, with Sorensen a presence behind them.

All up a team performance with magic Bruno's goals making the difference. An unforgettable first home final.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@Jovan jr set to be a future capo, the young fella put in a good effort on Melbourne boys at the start of the second half 

That was awesome, credit to the Melburnians lads for giving him a crack!

What a fucking night. That Bruno bicycle kick was the best thing I've ever seen. I fucking love this club, a sensational performance. Shame the semi is on Friday night :/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Did anyone else notice that split second of silence while everyone registered what just happened before the eruption of noise? Or was that just me?

It was like that split second prior to climax where you know you're going to blow your load and can't believe how fkn good it feels!!!

THANK YOU BRUNO!!!!!!!!!!!

Great match, great atmosphere, great result. Particularly good to see Fitzy and Gooch on the wings and Retre and Clisby at full-back - thought they all stood tall - and also Caceres put in an excellent shift. In fact an all round super team performance - couldn't fault anyone.

It was so important to put on a show for the final home match of the season, and I think we won a few hearts of the doubters tonight.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Ok I just watched the replay of Bruno's first.

Bruno - fuck off you show off- normal mortals can't do shit like that, stop it.

(Actually don't stop it)

I 100% stand by what I said above, best goal i've seen in my life.

Just watch him pushing defenders out of the way moving into position and then do a bicycle kick over the top of 5 of them. Ridiculous. There was not a goal scoring opportunity there, it was a goal 100% manufactured by Fornaroli's movement and positioning, and then of course it was still only half a chance that was only scoreable with the perfect bicycle kick, which he then executed of course..

Unbelievable.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Just watch him pushing defenders out of the way moving into position and then do a bicycle kick over the top of 5 of them. Ridiculous. There was nothing special about the cross, it was a goal 100% manufactured by Fornaroli's movement and positioning, and then of course it was still only half a chance that was only scoreable with the perfect bicycle kick, which he then executed of course..

Unbelievable.

Out of likes (which is kind of poetic, as that's your fault).

best goal ever? Well I've seen a few beauties but it's certainly up there.

11 minutes ago, CityGirl said:

:D

More predictions next week please 

3 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Out of likes (which is kind of poetic, as that's your fault).

best goal ever? Well I've seen a few beauties but it's certainly up there.

By far the best I've ever seen live, was directly in front of me and he had literally no right to do that, God I'm gunna have to go and clean myself up now.

Really, really great performance by the team tonight. Honestly thought we were fucked when franjic went out and also our past performances against perth have been less then stellar. But up against that the boys all went out their and outplayed Perth thoroughly and deserved the win imo.

Shout out to to both of our fullbacks tonight. Both Clisby and Retre had hardly played in the past month or so but both were called upon tonight to do a job and they both performed quite solidly. Mooy also got back to usual service today too.

No reason we can't beat Adelaide this friday.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Just watch him pushing defenders out of the way moving into position and then do a bicycle kick over the top of 5 of them. Ridiculous. There was not a goal scoring opportunity there, it was a goal 100% manufactured by Fornaroli's movement and positioning, and then of course it was still only half a chance that was only scoreable with the perfect bicycle kick, which he then executed of course..

Unbelievable.

Watching the replay. Perth fuckwits wanted the goal disallowed because they thought Bruno's high bicycle was dangerous!

If that goal was disallowed then football should be cancelled as a game. No point playing if magnificence like that isn't applauded

• Like 2

killed them again at home, dirty tactics got them nowhere
wouldn't let castro clean bruno's boots
sat in the same row as novillo in the 2nd half, he kicked the chair in front of him when gooch stuffed up that chance in the 2nd half :lol:
never in doubt, bring on next week

seems like germano is always at home games, good to also see jesus kennedy turn up

Edited by Thrillhouse
  • Like 2