Melbourne Football

RD 19 We're having some visitors over at AAMI

Dylan

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They can't dock points given that they didn't dock wsw any. 

Best they could do is just issue a blanket rule for all clubs. You rip flares then we dock a point for each. Or something along those lines

We got threatened by the npl that they would dock points if we ripped anymore flares last season. Stopped pretty quick after that

10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

They can't dock points given that they didn't dock wsw any. 

Best they could do is just issue a blanket rule for all clubs. You rip flares then we dock a point for each. Or something along those lines

I think they can tbh, given the level of saturation and exposure the topic got on the weekend.

The media narrative all week was on the derby and its fans, and tbh if it was the just the two flares inside AAMI it would be overs to punish them too much .

The NTs march behaviour from all reports was pretty bad, they basically turned their nose up at the game, so I have no problem them getting hit with the book.

im not saying we've been angels by any stretch, but Saturday nights pregame was as bad as most of our stuff has ever got by all reports.

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I think they can tbh, given the level of saturation and exposure the topic got on the weekend.

The media narrative all week was on the derby and its fans, and tbh if it was the just the two flares inside AAMI it would be overs to punish them too much .

The NTs march behaviour from all reports was pretty bad, they basically turned their nose up at the game, so I have no problem them getting hit with the book.

im not saying we've been angels by any stretch, but Saturday nights pregame was as bad as most of our stuff has ever got by all reports.

I would love them to dock points but I know they won't. I will admit I was a little nervous that someone in our end would rip one so we couldn't claim the moral high ground :P

5 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Do you mean to say their behaviour pre game was as bad as anything we've ever done or that our pregame behaviour was bad. Cause we had a decent sized full march with no flares, actually a pleasant surprise that the message is getting across on our side.

5 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Do you mean to say their behaviour pre game was as bad as anything we've ever done or that our pregame behaviour was bad. Cause we had a decent sized full march with no flares, actually a pleasant surprise that the message is getting across on our side.

Smaller group probably helps too. The more it grows the harder it's going to be able to keep it that way

10 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Yes the former ha. I'm sure it's probably on the lighter end for their pregame hijinks, but it would be the equal of our worst nonetheless, at least in the last couple seasons as city anyway.

IMO, Saturday night for us was exactly what a terrace should be. Loud, passionate, colourful, without all of the bullshit that comes along with the hool element. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Melburnians were fantastic. Missus had zero interest in football. Sat in the active area a couple games ago and now she loves it and joins in on the chants despite her lack of the English language. Last night had to sit in our designated seats but we joined in on the chants. Keep it up Melburnians!

So that's why she married you; her Visa must've been ending and needed to marry a cityzen or leave :P

• Like 1

Just now, playmaker said:

I just want them to get points deducted just to see Musctards head go red with rage when the media chase him down all week. Would love it.

Let's face it, this is the Tards we're talking about! They're not going to get points deducted off them straight off the bat, even after last week's events because they're Victory; like SFC they're a protected species.

The worst they'll get is, "$50k fine and suspended 3 points, but the NEXT club this happens to will get docked 3 points".

10 minutes ago, Red or Dead said:

Let's face it, this is the Tards we're talking about! They're not going to get points deducted off them straight off the bat, even after last week's events because they're Victory; like SFC they're a protected species.

The worst they'll get is, "$50k fine and suspended 3 points, but the NEXT club this happens to will get docked 3 points".

well let's make sure that it isn't us

I'd like to think that our "nutters" ( active ) are above this shit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Can confirm the behaviour was pretty good. Me and 10 year old bloke got inadvertently caught up in the march for about 100 metres and things were pretty good.

The fine has to be bigger because they threw missiles at the opposition GK. Maybe even perhaps have 6 points pending suspension. However I can see that they won't suffer any penalties.

I'd like to know how many of these clowns are actually true football and club supporters.

I imagine most of them couldn't give a fuck about Victory; it's just a convenient vehicle for them to behave like the hooligans they really are.

That's why they continue to do it, they couldn't give a shit about 'their' team losing points and the hard work players put in each week.

Edited by rass

1 hour ago, Tony999 said:

It's part of the reason why I did not continue to follow MV prior to MHFC inception. Their supporters have the lowest level of intelligence it's not even funny. We may be small in numbers but least we are loyal and behave. Numbers are steadily growing and I hope we remain as respectful fans. 

Ditto. Was a neutral supporter for a few years and have been to a one or two matches which involved these knuckle heads and I don't like what I see and have never been to any A league matches since I joined City. What we show on Sat was we are all class on and off the pitch. Let's hope it stays that way.

5 minutes ago, Deeming said:

Fines don't work because its not the fans that pay them, there is no cost to them. It needs to be loss of points, loss of salary cap spend or at worse stadium lock out.

Let's hope that FFA has the teeth to punish them, play in front emply stadium or otherwise, but I am sure they won't as they are not financial stable enough to forgo the revenue. Has anyone heard about the latest development on this? I thought FFA is going to give their ruling today?

http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-issue-melbourne-victory-with-show-cause-letter/151kpi8nqndau1j757jxr46v0n
Monday, 15 February 2016 -

Staff writer
Football Federation Australia (FFA) has issued a show cause notice to Melbourne Victory following incidents involving some of its fans before and during Saturday night’s Hyundai A-League match at AAMI Park.

FFA has given the club until 5pm (AEDT) Wednesday afternoon to show cause why they should not face sanction for bringing the game into disrepute through the conduct of its supporters, under the FFA Code of Conduct.

FFA has issued the show cause notice after receiving all relevant incident and match reports from Victoria Police, AAMI Park management and FFA’s security advisers, outlining incidents that took place before and during the match.

FFA CEO David Gallop today reiterated his disbelief and disappointment at the actions of some Melbourne Victory fans at a time when it spectator misconduct is in the spotlight.

image: http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/A-League/41/73/aami-park_qrw4q4x47h2f1uqah8ipj3ys9.jpg?t=-572351038

aami-park_qrw4q4x47h2f1uqah8ipj3ys9.jpg?

"FFA has today issued Melbourne Victory with a Show Cause Notice after receiving detailed information from Victoria Police and others that identifies some Melbourne Victory supporters as taking part in actions that have cast a shadow on football,” said FFA CEO David Gallop.

“The timing of these incidents has shocked many people given the acute focus on these issues. No one could have missed the fact that FFA, our clubs, players and coaches have been explicitly clear in our condemnation of actions over the last week around the ignition of flares. We must continue to hold the safety and enjoyment of true football fans at the heart of our decisions.

“The reaction of a section of Melbourne Victory fans, players and coaches on Saturday night has again sent a clear message that this minority is not welcome.”

FFA will also continue to work with police and stadium security to identify individuals and ensure they are subject to the banning procedures, which will be announced later today.

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/ffa-issue-melbourne-victory-with-show-cause-letter/151kpi8nqndau1j757jxr46v0n#iI4Y0ipw3o33ogCQ.99

• Like 1

Show cause, What?

Just issue a penalty. Absolutely weak. Make a decision, don't let half the week get sidetracked with bullshit.

Whatever the penalty points fine of both just issue it today now, just another opportunity mishandled by incompetent administrators.

Was at the game and just finished watching it on TV. My opinion on the game is similar to most. I do have some different views on certain issues. Unlike some, I was satisfied with the overall team's performance v the tards. Both teams had their moments. After watching it a second time, the first 10 mins tards had more of the ball but did not worry Sorensen at all. In those initial 10 mins, our first opportunity came from a foul on Caceres just outside the box and it was totally wasted by Mooy's execution. During that period the incompetent referee carded 3 of our players : Franjic for a studs up tackle on Kalfalla, Garuccio on Barbarousses ( soft ) and the softest to Caceres for a 50/50 challenge with Broxham who milked it and the useless Chris Beath bought it. Inexplicably a free kick was given in Caceres's favour :huh:. Soft cards that inhibits a player from playing with piece of mind.

From the 10 -20 min , MC looked better but it was during that period and against the run of play that the tards had their first clear chance and the bad finishing by finkler kept it nil all.

The when the game shifted their way and against the run of play, "El Tuna's" brilliance gave us the advantage. Great "rabona" pass to Caceres who ran onto three of their defenders, did well to pause, passed to Mooy who brilliantly assisted el tuna who finished off his own creation like only the chosen ones can. Superb !! They equalise when MC looked better but our future golden boot put us in front again with a superb header.After that, MC controlled the remaining of the half.

The tards came out strong for the second half and found an early equaliser with the help of Sorensen. Our keeper should have punched the ball away but he missed it, the ball hit finkler on the shoulder and went into goals. Lucky Tards. The inconsistency by Beath, was never more obvious than when Kalfallah intentionally runs straight into Fitzy. He made no attempt to get the ball. He just hit the MC player with his knee but the fucking useless Beath gives the tard speech therapy only. A red card wouldn't have been inadequate.

Then the moment that killed our chances of taking the three pts . From approximately the 60th to Caceres's 2nd yellow (  78th minute) , MC were having a great period of possession. Ball players like Caceres, Mooy, Bruno with the movement of Fitzy and Novillo in the front third giving the tards a very hard task. Looking good and the most likely to score, the useless Beath again gives an undesened, softest yellow of the game to Caceres who didn't even touch the tard when going for the tackle. I can't believe how some opinion makers on this forum, even contemplate thinking that Caceres was at fault. After that, it was obvious that MC were going to sit back and hold till the end for at least one point.

Great spirit shown by the whole team.

MOM: Bruno followed by Mooy ( mostly for his work rate) and Caceres who imo had a very good game.

Chris Beath :

A great match completely stuffed by poor refereeing (and linesmanship). A referee who was over zealous with 3 yellows in 11 minutes causing poor decisions throughout the game and players not being allowed to play to their potential! Victory, among other teams ,must start to be penalised for their constant diving to seek free kicks. Loose points for the behaviour of their fans and make referees accountable for their decisions by relegating them to club matches after such a performance as yesterday! I listened to both coach's after game press conference and I was proud and pleased by what Van 't Schip had to say and disappointed at the one eyed "our club never does any thing wrong and we always get robbed" attitude of Kevin Muscat. His team is the worst at milking free kicks and penalties for nothing see Beresha's latest efforts!

Edited by DAM10
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Show cause, What?

Just issue a penalty. Absolutely weak. Make a decision, don't let half the week get sidetracked with bullshit.

Whatever the penalty points fine of both just issue it today now, just another opportunity mishandled by incompetent administrators.

It's a process the FFA have to follow to ensure it's all legit and legal so no one has any legs to stand on when they get penalised.

32 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Show cause, What?

My sentiments exactly. Victards are protected species. The fact that this issue was brought up the week before and these idiots still defy FFA and decided to go ahead wit it shows how much they respected FFA. FFA should have just go hard on them and say enough is enough. Grow Up or grow some balls and take responsibility of your own actions.

3 minutes ago, raw10 said:

My sentiments exactly. Victards are protected species. The fact that this issue was brought up the week before and these idiots still defy FFA and decided to go ahead wit it shows how much they respected FFA. FFA should have just go hard on them and say enough is enough. Grow Up or grow some balls and take responsibility of your own actions.

They (tards) are extremely intimidating and always have been, but even more so under Muscfuk.

Every media conference/interview is painted by them as always being the victim and it's always them versus the rest of the world. Win, lose or draw, it's always the same message. 

If you were a neutral listening to these interviews, you would think that every week they have been grossly mistreated and it's a credit to their 'brave' players and fans that they still manage to mostly come out on top after such injustice against them. Just watch Muscat when the camera pans to him after every contentious ref decision in a game. It's 'poor us, not again' stuff.

The media buy into it massively and in the end, the FFA and refs on game day become way too careful to not prove this clever crap spun by them, so they get a charmed run.

Always happens.

It's actually hilarious the Finkler goal was missed, but completely true to form that we copped a red card soon after. 

They won't get any different to WSW - the FFA are scared of their pulling power.

The next club will though.

41 minutes ago, DAM10 said:

The tards came out strong for the second half and found an early equaliser with the help of Sorensen. Our keeper should have punched the ball away but he missed it, the ball hit finkler on the shoulder and went into goals. Lucky Tards. The inconsistency by Beath, was never more obvious than when Kalfallah intentionally runs straight into Fitzy. He made no attempt to get the ball. He just hit the MC player with his knee but the fucking useless Beath gives the tard speech therapy only. A red card wouldn't have been inadequate.

Agree with your assessment except for the above. Watch the replay and you'll see Sorensen did get his hand to the ball, but managed to only punch it straight onto Finkler's shoulder. Else he would have headed it - despite having his eyes closed.

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Its not as if our supporters haven't thrown bottles/coins etc at players before. FBK copped a few last seasonat Etihad

I remember standing behind the Away Bay in the Heart days as a few things a lot heavier than bottles and seats were being thrown over the fence... and everywhere else.

11 minutes ago, Jozzy said:

Would someone mind explaining what "suspended points" actually means?

You lose three points until you're fans are well behaved for a few weeks and then get them back?

No. You will only lose 3 points if your fans mis-behaved again, i.e. "putting our sport into disrepute" again.

I think my favourite part of the game was Bruno taking Victory apart after that sook Broxham refused to shake his hand, following a hard foul. The team had a crack, but it's now a month without a win and that's not good enough.

One thing that I have noticed about the team in recent weeks is that we seem to have the bench personnel to help us protect a result, which is what happened on Saturday night, but not to chase a result. If we ever get a full team to choose from, maybe that will change, if guys like Garrucio, Fitzgerald and maybe Caceres or Melling are coming off the bench for us. We're better than we used to be in the last 5-10 minutes of a game, but we're absolutely horrendous coming from behind and it's something that needs to be addressed.

5 hours ago, playmaker said:

How about throwing bottles on the pitch? I regard that to be more serious the lighting a flare, the whole active retard area should be banned for that. 

Much as we hate to admit it the majority of visitors active fans don't light flares or smokies or throw bottles. many enjoy or tolerate flares but would still enjoy the game without them. Whatever anyone thinks about the merits or dangers of flares they aren't an established part of Australian fan culture and there is active resistance to this becoming so. Pyro loving active fans need to become smarter as confrontation only hardens attitudes rather than bringing about change. It also risks a reaction spilling over into other aspects of active support. In turn franchises and FFA and Police need to be careful that they don't throw out the baby with the bathwater, its unhelpful to punish all active fans for the sins of the few (or the many), active fans that don't support flares should not be punished. How do you identify them, I don't know but reacting or behaving in a way that entrenches attitudes on both sides is unhelpful.

Visitors and WSW pyro using active fans have just surrendered the moral high ground and initiative that all active fans had won:(