Melbourne Football

Partaalu Gone to Korea (confirmed)

Heart of Melbourne

WTF! Just read the Daily Terror headline

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/index.html?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&mode=premium&dest=http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/melbournes-city-erik-paartalu-set-to-depart-headed-for-korea/news-story/294047f575c8bed62e28cf0693f09dfe&memtype=registered

Thought it might have been a Rebecca Wilson wind-up. We must be making a bit of room for someone to come in.

Edited by HEARTinator

MELBOURNE City’s revolving door continues with midfielder Erik Paartalu set to depart to Korea.

Paartalu is understood to have agreed a lucrative deal with Korean champions Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors, who will face Melbourne Victory in this year’s Asian Champions Leahue.

The midfielder’s exit is a shock as he has overcome his early season axing to win back a first XI spot and become a key player in City’s revival, scoring four goals in 12 games since.

Paartalu scored a late consolation in last Friday’s 4-3 loss to Western Sydney in what was almost certainly his last game for City.

It’s believed that City will replace Paartalu, most likely with a foreigner with only four of the five visa spots filled after marquee player Robert Koren was last week released.

It’s understood that Paartalu began seeking overseas options when he was dropped for the FA Cup semi-final loss at Perth Glory after the Round 2 Melbourne derby loss.

Getting silly.

1 attacker out (Williams), 1 attacker in (Fitzgerald)

3 midfielders out (Koren, Paartalu, Mauk), 1 midfielder in (Caceres on loan)

1 defender in (Malik)

We're barely breaking even in this transfer window. The team's lost a lot of players, and hasn't done a lot of replacing.

Something better be in the works.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

If we get someone in I don't doubt it will be good but it's getting to the point where there's almost too much going on, too much chopping and changing. Hope the team can finally stabilise and we can get the same players out on the pitch for more than a game at a time. That was one of the keys to our turn around in December. 

3 hours ago, neio said:

Really disappointed to see this happen, CFG should have stood their ground and said your under contract your not Fucking going anywhere at the moment

There better be something good coming in otherwise this is just madness

They wouldnt let him go unless they had someone. ALthough I said that for Koren ahha

7 hours ago, neio said:

Really disappointed to see this happen, CFG should have stood their ground and said your under contract your not Fucking going anywhere at the moment

There better be something good coming in otherwise this is just madness

1. Well I guess we'll see what happens but my first thought is WTF (not withstanding this was predicted a while ago). I just cannot get my head around the attitude of a player who is not performing, gets dropped, then has a massive dummy spit about being released. Club should have told him to HTFU. I think we are mad letting him go.

2. Mods any chance of merging this into the Paartalu thread?

What time does the window close?

If the dummy spit after being dropped thing is true he has a shit attitude anyway and can fuck off. I'm OK with this as long as we have a good replacement lined up.

If it's another JVS untenable relationship thing and there's no replacement then this is retarded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JC22 said:

If the dummy spit after being dropped thing is true he has a shit attitude anyway and can fuck off. I'm OK with this as long as we have a good replacement lined up.

If it's another JVS untenable relationship thing and there's no replacement then this is retarded.

People on here were suggesting he should be dropped during last season because of poor form. Even this season many are critical of his poor passing. I also recall that when we signed him a comment came from Brisbane supporters to the effect that he wouldn't see out the four years and that it wouldn't be long before he wanted to leave. So this seems pretty much par for the course for Erik - sign an extended contract and then get fed up. And, according to reports, after he was dropped earlier this season he was told he could look for another club.

If we have an adequate replacement then overall IMO it's better that an unhappy player leave.

• Like 2