Melbourne Football

RD 18 City travel again to face the FFA Jerks

Dylan

Mooy, Retre and Melling all fucking awful today.

Look i love Mooy and his attacking brilliance is a joy to watch.

But since the CCM game back in December he's turned into a highlights player. Doesnt defend, doesnt chase, doesnt want to do anything other than assists and goals. And even then, his set pieces were fucking awful today.

Perhaps its gone to his head, perhaps its the instruction jvs is giving, but he doesnt seem willing to do the hard yards anymore.

Worst game hes ever played for the club.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 3

The effort Bruno put in to get that goal, multiple efforts, low centre of gravity, determination not to be dispossessed...that should be the standard at this club and too often not enough players demonstrate that commitment. Seriously pray Wilkinson helps shore up our defence next week because right now it's killing us and (as Hill said in the commentary box) could cost us silverware this season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fidrildid6 said:

Made a bet with my mate at the start of the season. If we end up premiers i get a tattoo of the logo. Was dicey for a few weeks there but thank fuck i don't have to get it now!

OK, we don't get to be premiers so just change the tattoo to "Get fcuked JvS"

• Like 1

That bullshit pen gave them the lift they needed to go on and win and the bullshit red finished it off.

Having said that though we were appalling. We played like we had been on the piss last night.

On a broader note I guess JVS has reaped what he sowed with the bizarre transfer window business.

and don't start me on Franjic. Son, ever head of taking a touch in the direction you are going? I think "passenger" is wY too much of a compliment.

Tuna andzullo can get the plane back, the other pricks can hitchhike.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

That bullshit pen gave them the lift they needed to go on and win and the bullshit red finished it off.

Having said that though we were appalling. We played like we had been on the piss last night.

On a broader note I guess JVS has reaped what he sowed with the bizarre transfer window business.

and don't start me on Franjic. Son, ever head of taking a touch in the direction you are going? I think "passenger" is wY too much of a compliment.

Franjic has not been up to it full stop. Today he was diabolical - and not the only one.  The ease with which Trifuno got the second was embarrassing.

7 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I did say that Franjic has been playing poorly last two weeks. I am glad that someone else is beginning to share that perspective.

At least we'll have wilko next week.

I don't know how anyone can dispute the sending off, Melling lost the ball and shit himself when he realised the newy bloke had a 1 on 1 with the keeper, then proceeded to hip and shoulder the bloke. It's a red all day.

However this game we simply just did not come up with enough clear cut chances to win the game. Our defence was actually too bad until melling got sent off, the problem is up forward where bruno had two blokes on him all the time and harry was ineffective, we really need that third option to take the pressure off these two blokes having to score 2 goals a game for us to be competitive. I liked what i saw from fitzgearld, i would start him up front with harry and bruno in the derby (however cacearas back next week will do wonders for us!)

And can we please put an end to the 3-5-2 for now? I don't think i've seen our forwards isolated like they were today for a long time.

Edited by kingofhearts

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I don't know how anyone can dispute the penalty, Melling lost the ball and shit himself when he realised the newy bloke had a 1 on 1 with the keeper, then proceeded to hip and shoulder the bloke. It's a red all day.

However this game we simply just did not come up with enough clear cut chances to win the game. Our defence was actually too bad until melling got sent off, the problem is up forward where bruno had two blokes on him all the time and harry was ineffective, we really need that third option to take the pressure off these two blokes having to score 2 goals a game for us to be competitive. I liked what i saw from fitzgearld, i would start him up front with harry and bruno in the derby (however cacearas back next week will do wonders for us!)

And can we please put an end to the 3-5-2 for now? I don't think i've seen our forwards isolated like they were today for a long time.

Why change it. It worked for a second half a month ago. Should work again. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

then proceeded to hip and shoulder the bloke

But that's not a foul in football.  you are allowed to challenge for the ball like that.

Now if its a foul, yeah its probably a red, but for me its a fair challenge, 20 of which you see in a game, with no whistle.  the bloke stumbles and falls overs and suddenly its a red.

Just now, Shahanga said:

But that's not a foul in football.  you are allowed to challenge for the ball like that.

Now if its a foul, yeah its probably a red, but for me its a fair challenge, 20 of which you see in a game, with no whistle.  the bloke stumbles and falls overs and suddenly its a red.

It was in the back... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hakz7 said:

Can't even be fucked for the derby after this performance... 

But, we'll win now. Nothing surer. Just like we should have all been expecting the worst when people started cottoning on to the 'Fornaroli has scored more times than Newcastle this season' stat.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I don't know how anyone can dispute the penalty, Melling lost the ball and shit himself when he realised the newy bloke had a 1 on 1 with the keeper, then proceeded to hip and shoulder the bloke. It's a red all day.

I'll dispute the penalty, it hit him in the side of the shoulder on the arm that was by his side. His other arm was outstretched but it didn't hit it so he can do whatever he wants with it

5 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

It was in the back... 

Pretty much this. The fact he was also behind the man fucked him. I need to have another look at the incident but the fact he did it from behind fucked him

41 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

It was a foul in rugby and it was a foul in football

The Melling incident was definitely a foul,  but a yellow, not red.

Mooy playing like every ball needs to be that  'killer' pass now he's sitting right behind the front two. 

Overall, simply not good enough from a team that looks like it has gotten a little too far ahead of itself. 

4 minutes ago, rass said:

The Melling incident was definitely a foul,  but a yellow, not red.

Mooy playing like every ball needs to be that  'killer' pass now he's sitting right behind the front two. 

Overall, simply not good enough from a team that looks like it has gotten a little too far ahead of itself

No...that never happens with Melbourne City...