Melbourne Football

Matchday thread 2015/16

Tesla

10 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

is it just in the epl that is a free kick straight away?
clearly interferred  

No it's not just the EPL. In fact the EPL recently changed their practice to be like Europe and have a broader view of interference (previously you had to actually touch the ball), such as you have outlined.

That current interpretation makes sense to me and I can't see how you can think that a player who effectively stands over the ball is not involved.

Terrible decision.

ok i'm lost now, FBK was on 3 yellows before the game started, aleague app now has him down as 1 yellow 1 red for today's game, would he get an extra game suspension now?
victory have barbarouses, mahazi, finkler, and geria all on 4 yellow cards, 1 away from a suspension with wsw next week then us
broxham and berisha both on 3

2 minutes ago, Thrillhouse said:

ok i'm lost now, FBK was on 3 yellows before the game started, aleague app now has him down as 1 yellow 1 red for today's game, would he get an extra game suspension now?
victory have barbarouses, mahazi, finkler, and geria all on 4 yellow cards, 1 away from a suspension with wsw next week then us
broxham and berisha both on 3

I think he will serve a two-match ban. From FFA National Disciplinary Regulations:

6.4 If a Player receives a yellow card and then a direct red card in the same match, the yellow card will not be expunged and will be counted in the player’s accumulation of yellow cards.

So the accumulation ban and then a one-match ban for the red I think.

2 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I think he will serve a two-match ban. From FFA National Disciplinary Regulations:

6.4 If a Player receives a yellow card and then a direct red card in the same match, the yellow card will not be expunged and will be counted in the player’s accumulation of yellow cards.

So the accumulation ban and then a one-match ban for the red I think.

Wasn't it a straight red though?

Just now, Pete Heartspur said:

Wasn't it a straight red though?

Good point. He showed a yellow card straight after the kick and then conversed with the assistant ref (and Kenny Lowe for some reason) and then showed the red. I just looked at the rules and I think a ref can change the card if he hasn't restarted play and/or the match hasn't ended. So maybe just the one-match ban then.

And now a penalty.  This game is a strange one.

Do love to see those muppets get done but watching the replay the red card is at least somewhat over the top.  Granted, he has struck a player  in a form that has nothing to do with playing the game (was not making a tackle and caught the opponent, etc) but if that's worthy of a red then a lot others do to.

More than anything it shits me that is a red, Caceres got sent off on Friday for soft second yellow, yet Bridge only got a yellow for that horrendous dirty fucking tackle

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 2