Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

Saw this whilst watching Bruno's press conference today:

"Your partner in crime on the pitch last season Aaron Mooy, you had a great relationship with him..."

3MALbVs.png"He's obviously not at the club any more, how much will he be missed?"

EyjpCZy.png

The way his face dropped just broke my heart a little bit :(

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 3

Great move by the club.

Build a team around the best striker this country has seen (since dukes).

All what they need to do is now sell it the unconverted. Just put 20 of his goals from last season on a clip and it is comparable to any player anywhere. 

Really happy with this development and statement. 

Credit when credit is due. Well done.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Just saying, but you could probably argue JVS made him...

Never give any credit to JVS. Never'

But yes you could argue that.......

I'm just happy Brunos back and has been locked in long term, i wonder if he'll be the captain hmm

• Like 1

On 02/05/2016 at 5:45 PM, Tesla said:

Renewed for $1.8m a season.

He's eating now. 

4 hours ago, strider said:

hes looking pudgy with that double chin

cant blame him, id eat well with that $$$ too 

Green line.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Alexxxandro said:

Because CFG need the money? They are not that stupid to lose both Mooy and Fornaroli. Season would be over before it started.

They are not in this for charity.
Given we now have the pulling power of Cahill and another marque to sign maybe it will happen. 

• Like 1

If true IMO it would be madness if we let him go. Only way I can see us doing it would be if he wanted to go and we were able to extract someone from Sporting in return.But looking down their list it's hard to see why they would want Bruno or to let anyone go.

46 minutes ago, Deeming said:

They are not in this for charity.
Given we now have the pulling power of Cahill and another marque to sign maybe it will happen. 

Which is why letting Fornaroli go would be a bizarre decision. To let go of your best player after you have just spent 3.5 million on Cahill to raise your club's profile. IMO, it would significantly weaken their sizeable investment in Cahill.

Edited by Blackout

Cahill's comments about moving a family and bigger picture decisions that other don't see resonate in this case. I doubt after signing for three years with his family here he would go off and do that, considering there would have been offers over summer that he knocked back. Tuna is IN.

LOL @ people who still think CFG are not counting the beans at Melbourne City, please see JVS.

And a new contract means nothing apart from that we're in a better negotiating position.

If a suitable offer is made they'll take it.

Having said that, will Sporting be making such an offer? I dont know. They're in the CL this season and will not have much issue making a decent offer I just dont think they would be confident in the A-League enough. Maybe.

Wage may also be an issue, Bruno would be on good money now and I dont think Sporting would want to pay a similar amount. Though Europe and the Champions League would be huge motivators even if the money is a bit less (cost of living would be less in Portugal anyway).

I wouldn't rule this out TBH.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, strider said:

No sane footballer would stay here and not go to Sporting. Especially when they are in this year's CL tournament playing Real Madrid et al

True. But also very little chance of being a starting #9.

Unless there is a 5mil+ bid very unlikely. But who knows there have been crazy plays at the end of windows before.

If its a genuine play and decent money CFG you'd think would consider it. 

• Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic